*** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

*** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
It’s the turn of the OFTD Norther Region to host a Forum Meet-Up, and this year it will be in the fabulous city of Liverpool on Saturday 11 May.

The Meet will cover much of the city centre, visiting some of the sites and locations where The Beatles phenomenon started, interspersed with stops for bevvies along the way.
We’ll be taking an easy 3.5 miles stroll to visit around 4 or 5 pubs throughout the day. Along the way, we’ll take in Matthew Street, visit The Cavern, and make time for a bit of sightseeing around the Pier Head and Albert Dock areas.

Everyone's welcome and if you’re interested in coming along, then please say so on here (or PM me if you prefer), and I’ll send you details of where we’ll be meeting. Anyone wishing to go for breakfast should get to Liverpool for around 10:30, otherwise the Meet kicks off properly for everyone at 11:45.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Everything'sRosie
Excellent TRM. Chalk me down as a definite. The 'pool is one of my favourite cities in the world (well, I am an Evertonian) and so it's a place I love to visit. Probably stay overnight. Looking forward to it already.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
Everything'sRosie wrote
Excellent TRM. Chalk me down as a definite. The 'pool is one of my favourite cities in the world (well, I am an Evertonian) and so it's a place I love to visit. Probably stay overnight. Looking forward to it already.
Nice one ER
I think stopping the night in Liverpool is an excellent idea - well sound like. There's so much to see and do in the city - much more than we can squeeze into one day.
May I maybe suggest you look into booking somewhere as early as you can. Hotels in Liverpool fill up quickly at the weekends, especially the ones in the city centre.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

AC/PD
Excellent suggestion for an historical Springtime excursion, TRM!

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Excellent stuff TRBM. This is something we've discussed for a while now and its pleasing to see it up on the forum. Id certainly be hoping to make a week-end of it and im planning to ruck up Friday lunchtime and spend the Friday afternoon visiting the famous Beatles museum.

I do think you are quite correct about booking accommodation early though, something i certainly will do this week. What may also occur that weekend is Liverpool winning the Football Premiership. Okay no football on the Saturday when we are in town, the final matches are on Sunday. But i reckon lots of football folk may be descending on the city and staying over on the Saturday night. Who knows, Liverpool may blow it (again) and the title could go to Man City.

Book early is the message and i intend to do so. Looking forward to the visiting a city ive never been to before. Thanks for your organization TRBM and im defo up for breakfast at 10.30.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Everything'sRosie
Booking early is essential. I have a niece who's a student in the city and I rang her earlier today about hotel recommendations. She gave me a list of three decent and reasonably priced hotels, and guess what, none had vacancies for 11th May. I've found a Travel lodge centrally located, it ain't cheap, but it is cheaper than most.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

 I would certainly be up for this too, if possible. I will not know what I am doing at work on the 11th until much nearer the time, but I know I am off on the 12th.
It might be too late to book a hotel overnight by the time I am sure if I can come or not, but I will look into making a day trip with an early start from London. And a late finish, therefore.
Liverpool, another city I have not been to for 30+ years! Really do hope I can go, and meet up with all of you again.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Gorgeous Daze
Sounds like an epic (or should that be Apple?) day you've got planned RBM and I'm in. Liverpool is a city that I really like and among the most pedestrian-friendly of those I've visited. I shall particularly look forward to this meet-up.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Accommodation booked . Dearer than Brum, not as dear as London !

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Legsfan
As much as I would like to attend, unfortunately I can't make that date.
I hope everyone has a really good day though.
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Doc
Not a good weekend for me, currently looking unlikely unless something changes nearer the time.
Still living in 1979

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
Great stuff lads - glad to hear you've got your hotels booked too

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Legsfan wrote
As much as I would like to attend, unfortunately I can't make that date.
I hope everyone has a really good day though.
Doc wrote
Not a good weekend for me, currently looking unlikely unless something changes nearer the time.
It's a difficult time of year to squeeze a Meet in, what with Easter Holidays in April and two Bank Holiday weekends in May.
Sorry to hear you both can't make 11th May atm

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

I will be there TRM ,  it will only take me a few minutes to get into city centre.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
sueforever wrote
I will be there TRM ,  it will only take me a few minutes to get into city centre.
Excellent sueforever. Great to have you on board for this exciting adventure round Liverpool

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
I've emailed everyone who's indicated they're definitely coming along with details of where and at what time we're meeting up. If anybody didn't get the email could they let me know please.

If anybody's still thinking about this and would like to know a little more, then let me know and I can send you some details to help persuade you to join us.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

Hanway2
The Rubberband Man wrote

I tried to email you but the message was sent back as failed. Could you please send me the details of  the meet up as I am seriously interested in coming?
I can do Liverpool and back in a day, no problem!

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
Hanway2 wrote
I tried to email you but the message was sent back as failed. Could you please send me the details of  the meet up as I am seriously interested in coming?
I can do Liverpool and back in a day, no problem!
Excellent news Hanway2. Glad you'll be able to make it. I've sent you a PM with the details of where and when we're meeting up.
The Meet is shaping up very nicely

A Heads Up that Virgin Trains have just released Advance Tickets for travel to Liverpool for 11th May

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Liverpool Saturday 11th May 2019 ***

The Rubberband Man
Just 4 weeks to go.

Is Spock going?