*** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

*** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Following on from the very successful and thoroughly enjoyable OFTD January Meet, I am delighted to co-cordially invite everyone to the OFTD Spring Meet in Nantwich, Cheshire on Saturday 21 April 2018.

A relaxing and pleasant day in the most welcoming of the town’s hostelries, with engaging conversation, good beers (or soft drinks!) plus endless enthusiasm and exuberance around our favourite topic is promised.

Nantwich is just a short hop on the train from Crewe station. We’ll be meeting up from mid-day onwards, with an optional breakfast for early starters on offer. The Meet will end at a time that conveniently coincides with the departure of last trains home.

If you’re interested in coming along, then please add you’re name below or PM me, and I’ll send you details of the meeting place. A warm welcome will be assured for all.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Gorgeous Daze
Count me in RBM. I'll really look forward to another day out with friends and experiencing Life In A Northern Town - through its finest hostelries.  Hopefully one or two based in the North who are understandably disinclined to attend meet-ups owing to lengthy journeys will come along for this occasion.

Be light until 8:30+ then. Here's dreaming of blessed spring weather.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Everything'sRosie
Hi RBM,

That sounds good. I'll come along for more of the same.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Yep we talked about this trip last year and now its becoming a reality, so thanks TRBM for organizing. Im very much looking forward to it. I do hope 2 or 3 North Westerners will be able to join us on the day.

In the mean time, i will see the usual Kal gang on 03/03 in Birmingham for more mirth and merriment.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Doc
Many years ago I went to a night club in Nantwich which I think was called the Cheshire Cat although I may be wrong with the name it was so long ago.
Unfortunately I’m already booked up for both days that weekend.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Gorgeous Daze
Doc wrote
Many years ago I went to a night club in Nantwich which I think was called the Cheshire Cat although I may be wrong with the name it was so long ago.
And many years ago through a friend who moved to the area I heard good things about this Cheshire Cat! (Or was it possibly named after a county delicacy instead?)

I'm getting in the mood for some light, crumbly cheese a little lacking in the flavour department.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Doc wrote
Many years ago I went to a night club in Nantwich which I think was called the Cheshire Cat although I may be wrong with the name it was so long ago.
Unfortunately I’m already booked up for both days that weekend.
Yes. The legendary Cheshire Cat had closed by the time I moved to Nantwich. Greg’s had become the nightclub of choice, having three dance floors each catering for different musical tastes. It’s now known as The Studio.

However, the Cheshire Cat has reopened within the past couple of years as a Pub/Restaurant/Disco/Hotel, mainly frequented by the Cheshire Set rather than OFTD aficionados.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Gorgeous Daze wrote
I'm getting in the mood for some light, crumbly cheese a little lacking in the flavour department.
The Meet-up will be less Cheshire Cheese and more Cheshire Cheers

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

It would like to join you on this day, its always a good day when I meet up with you guys.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

I'll certainly try to put in an appearance and make up for my now-show at the last Derby jamboree.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

I wonder if Jez, a man of Cheshire will be able to join us that day ? I hope so.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

sueforever wrote
It would like to join you on this day, its always a good day when I meet up with you guys.
@sueforever: Can you check your emails please.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

sueforever
Sorry Rubberband man that nothing came to my e-mail when I have looked.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

Sometimes when folk use the Nabble email facilities on the site here, the emails occasionally end up in Junk. S4E, check your Junk email folder.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

sueforever
Thank you for your help Ryan, just sent a reply back to our friend The Rubberband Man.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich 21/04/2018 ***

As this is coming up in just 3 weeks, it only seems right to get this on the front page of the forum. Im immensely looking forward to it and my Friday night in Crewe !

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

The Rubberband Man
I was in the venue where we're meeting up just a few days ago and enjoyed a fabulous cooked breakfast there. Also had a well crafted pint of Theakston to wash it down with after 😎

Not be long now until we'll all be gathering there.
If anybody is thinking of coming but not sure, we'd love to see you and I can guarantee you will receive a warm welcome from everyone.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

The Rubberband Man
The weather is looking quite promising for tomorrow. I may change things around a bit to include some alfresco style beer gardens for us to enjoy

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Yes weather wise, it appears you couldn't have picked a finer April weekend. Im off now for a night in Crewe and will take the 10 minute train ride into Nantwich tomorrow morning arriving at 11.30. See you then.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

I am looking forward to meeting up tomorrow, So I should get there by 11:30 TRM.
12