*** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Everything'sRosie
I'm hoping to make it for breakfast. If the train runs on time I'll be there at 11.20am. Looking forward to it.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

The Rubberband Man
Excellent guys. Have a safe journey to Nantwich tomorrow.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Legsfan
I hope everyone had a good day in Nantwich! I hope you all make it home safely.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Everything'sRosie
Great day yesterday, a fine turnout. Excellent company and weather. And I can't ever remember getting sun burnt in April before!

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

AC/PD
A fine pub garden place of refreshment selected by TheRubberbandMan which matched the weather and the company - Summery weather for a Spring Meet-Up.
Thanks!

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Gorgeous Daze
Well after my presence was jeopardized by a broken down steam engine on the line, eventually all was well and a fine day out for one and all 'twas had in the pleasant Tudorphiles' town of Nantwich. Whoever said it's grim up North clearly never visited that little corner! The sun put his hat on for us making it extra good to catch up with pals again. Our tasteful host RBM lead us round three inns and finally back to our point of arrival, passing again our place of rendezvous which in a nice surprise turned out to be a Beatles' tribute pub! Thanks to him for laying out a day that was an undoubted success.

And talking of taste, possibly the most generous curry portions I've ever known were (almost) consumed. Congrats to SFE for breaking his curry house duck going for an English with just a tinge of Indian about it. First step my friend, three more tries and you might be tucking into a Madras!

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

The Rubberband Man
I thoroughly enjoyed the day yesterday, and weren’t we blessed with fabulous weather?

I was really chuffed with the breakfast we had in the rendezvous pub, which also provided a tranquil beer garden for us to relax in for much of the afternoon. Fearing too much sunburn, a move to a pub with a shaded orangerie was called for. The nearby curry house served up a stupendous feast, and without having a lengthy wait, time was available to visit a third hostelry before it was time for home.

All accompanied with non stop chat, banter and views and opinions around our favourite subject, the time flew by.

It’s what the folk up north call, “A Grand Day Out”

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Yes thanks go to our genial host TRBM for introducing us to the cultural delights of the Pearl of Cheshire. I don't think ive ever set foot in anywhere so quaint. I thoroughly recommend a day out in leafy Tudor Nantwich. As ever it was nice to hook up with the guys again, well 7 days after the last time we did actually ! Particularly pleasing to see Suefan again and engage in conversation about our most specilised of subjects. Sueforever was also on good form and its always a pleasure to see him. Edit-How can i forget AC/DC also (though im sure the big bear hug i gave him will excuse my tardiness)

I also discovered that i had rather caught the sun. Im not known for sitting out in the open air, but that 3 hour session in the beer garden was easily the best part of the whole day and to be honest i could have just stayed there. Well heres to the next time we meet-up which will be Kaleidoscope in Birmingham on June 2nd.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Suefan
Smashing day yesterday and much thanks to TRBM for arranging this opportunity to catch up with the gang.  My pre-meet detour over the border having necessitated a very early start meant I had to forego the curry house experience but what a splendid 'breakfast' lunch that was we enjoyed.  And the chat flowed all afternoon with its customary brightness matched only by the glorious weather.  Great stuff.

Re: *** OFTD Spring Meet-Up - Nantwich, Cheshire Saturday 21 April 2018 ***

Can I say what a wonderful day I had in Nantwich yesterday. And thank you TRBM for hosting a great day. It was so nice to see,and meet-up with Ryan, Suefan, ER, AC/PD, and GD. And GD I'am stuck in my old ways and always have a English every time. I must say about that Pub amazing for any Beatles Fan. I always have a great time with you guys.
12