OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Our first jolly little get-together of the new year is scheduled to take place in Birmingham on Saturday 26th January. This will start from noon and take place in an area of the second city new to OFTD but, like Digbeth, the venue for previous meet-ups, not far from the city centre, being about the same distance and with the added advantage of a train station a mere 100 yards from the meeting place. Including this first port of call it's anticipated we will visit three good pubs and then a quality Indian restaurant, all just a short walk from the next. With the usual guarantee of relaxed free-flowing conversation based generally around our fave dancers and forum matters it has the hallmarks then of another fine day out. Fingers crossed for clement weather!

If you're thinking of coming either state an interest below or send me an email and I'll get back to you with further details.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Looking forward to it GD. Roll on 2019 and more meet-ups

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Hanway2
 Put me down for a tentative yes for this meet up. I am off work that day, but am not sure yet what I will be doing the following day, which is important. And take the wife on a short holiday beforehand! The hidden expenses of OFTDs gatherings!
I am very keen to visit some Birmingham pubs, a place I have not been to for 30+ years! And more importantly, meet up with some more Forum members. As I missed Stourbridge, I am very hopeful to be able to come to this.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Everything'sRosie
I shall be there. The Jewellery Quarter is a part of Brum I've never visited before so I'm rather curious to see all the bling stores.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

The Rubberband Man
Add me to the list GD. Looking forward to it already.
A Meet in the Jewellery Quarter sounds like you're going for the Gold Standard of OFTD get togethers, GD

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Hanway2 wrote
Put me down for a tentative yes for this meet up.
Very much hope you will be able to join us for this Hanway.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Legsfan
If I can get time off work, I will be attending!
I'll try my best!
Don't worry I'm still here!

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Good response so far. With a bit of luck this could be a pretty decent turnout.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

AC/PD
Hey GD, "You're gonna need a bigger curry table."

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

The Rubberband Man
AC/PD wrote
Hey GD, "You're gonna need a bigger curry table."
In this part of the town, I believe they call it a Ruby

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

AC/PD wrote
Hey GD, "You're gonna need a bigger curry table."
Great news my friend!

Didn't think you feared Solihull Moors that much though.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

AC/PD
Truth be told, that comment was made to reflect the already impressive reception towards to the first gathering of 2019, old chap!

Solihull Moors sounds like a grim location for the first week in January. Moors!... I can hear the howling wind already.

No worries, plenty of time and quite possibly extra time for undecideds not sure of their place for the next round.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Getting quite near to this now, it looks like we'll have a decent turnout. If anyone else is up for a day guaranteed to bring midwinter warmth they'll be most welcome to join us.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Very much looking forward to this on Saturday even more so now the weather forecast says its set fair, after weeks of worrying about the icy cold. Never been to this part of Birmingham before and hopefully it will warrant a second visit in the future. I will be rucking up around midday. See ya all then.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

 Looking forward to this tremendously. I should be arriving in that part of Birmingham about 1.30 to 2.00. Where do you think you are likely to be about that time?
And I can’t wait to try a curry from one of the West Midlands finest restaurants.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

Gorgeous Daze
Hi Hanway, we'll still be in the meeting place between 1:30 and 2. If you happen to be delayed and we've moved on I'll let you know where we are.

I'm looking forward to it too, the weather seems to have fallen relatively kindly for us with a short lull in the very cold weather forecast.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

CoffeeThing
Have a great day gents.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: OFTD Winter Meet-up - Birmingham 26th January 2019

The Rubberband Man
Big thanks to Gorgeous Daze for hosting a relaxing and ambiently conducive afternoon and evening in the historic Birmingham Jewellery Quarter.
Enjoyed the Terry’s Chocolate Orange beer in the first pub whilst sat beside the open fire, impressed by the tiling and cathedral windows of the second stopping point before finally savouring the Bathams in the third and last pub. A Balti dinner completed a day that seemed to end all too quickly – amazing how time flies on these Meet-ups.
Great to meet Ryan, Gorgeous Daze, Everything'sRosie, Legsfan and Hanway2 on another successful Winter meet.