OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015

As per my intro post, 01/09/15 was the cut-off date for entry to this event. All places are now taken and im accepting no new applicants. Thanks..

After the successful inaugural event last year im pleased to announce that a second `OFTDs` meet-up will take place on Saturday 26th of September 2015. This will be again in the city of Derby.

Questions you may want to ask.

Whats a OFTDs event ?

Its basically a once a year get together by members of this place. We spend the day watching clips that are not available on the internet and also rather a lot of the day chatting in a convivial manner about all things TOTPs, the dance routines and dancers. I urge all members to come along to this, i guarantee they will enjoy the day and be made to feel most welcome and part of OFTDs.

How can i attend this ?

If you want to attend, you need to email me. I will email you back with details of the venue and the time-table of events (the routines i will show). If im unfamiliar with your email address, i will ignore it, so please include your user name in the subject box (though i probably will know you). Alternatively, members can simply say so on this thread.

Whos eligible to attend ?

This will be open to all members of OFTDs.

How many places are they ?

This year we are in a bigger room. This means we can accommodate 25 people. Be great if we can get near that figure.

Will it cost me anything to get in ?

NO. This is a private invitation only gathering. The general public are not allowed in. I will be funding the event. I will not be charging any of the attendees an admission fee.

What time will it be from ?

We have the room from 12 midday until 8pm in the evening. If folk want to arrive earlier, then thats fine, just mingle in the bar area. If anyone wants to arrive a day early, im avaible for socializing on the Friday evening. Im afraid im more into the real ale pubs, so dont expect me to take you to any swanky nite-clubs. Again avaible for late nite Saturday real ale drinking too.

What are the folk like who attend ?

Ive now met up with about 20 or so members of OFTDs and you wont find a friendlier bunch. If you haven't met me/us before, you will be surprised how quickly you are made to feel part of the gang.

What type of things will be screened ?

I will be showing around 60 clips of TOTPs/Television dancers that are not currently in the public domain. For avid collectors, none of these are considered rare. But none of what i will be showing can be seen on platforms like the OFTDs blog or YouTube. Like last year, i will be again using a LCD Projector to show the footage.

Will the 60 or so clips be shown back to back ?

No, they will be split up into four segments, with the longest segment lasting around 48 minutes.

Why dont you name the venue on this post ?

Well as its an invitation only event, i dont want gatecrashers. Well they wouldn't get in even if they tried.

What time will the actual screenings begin ?

They will commence at 2pm. This gives us lots of time to chat and socialize before hand.

Is there a closing date to be included for this ?

Yes, i need to know whos attending by 01/09/15.

Will it be the same clips that were shown last year ?

Maybe about 60% of it will be, but that will contain the better clips from last year. The rest will be clips that were not shown or clips i have acquired since.

Will i regret not going ?

Yes you will. You will miss out on viewing some really good footage that may not get into the public domain for quite a while and miss out meeting some like minded enthusiasts. Derby is conveniently situated in central England. Road and rail connections are ideal.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Doc
I'll be there, I already have the time off confirmed at work.
Still living in 1979

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

I'll be there Ryan on the Friday, for a real good time.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Same hotel Ryan we had last year?

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Yes same place S4E, but the next sized room up. Different style table lay out, not the rigid long table board room style like last time, which did serve its purpose pretty well i might add.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

BeautifulBabs
HI Ryan not snubbing but Im on holiday then but hopefully i'll free up a space

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Young Mister Grace
Count me in Ryan.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Yeah great you are coming along again YMG. I really also hope some of our buddies on OFTDs who we have never met before will also take the plunge.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Colm
I am keen to be a part of the gathering, and as last year, it's leading into a personal highlight of my own year.

However, as I have additional commitments which I didn't have 12 months ago, I'll need to get back to you before I give a yay or nay - so bear with me.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

No worries Colm, i doubt the room will be packed to the rafters, so let me know when you can.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

L&C4me
I'd like to join you for this event you've kindly orginised Ryan. I've allocated that weekend to accomodate it.
Jim

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Excellent L&C4me, you will enjoy the day and it will be good to meet up with you, i will send you the info you need by PM tomorrow. I very much hope others, especially ones who we haven't met before also take the plunge.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

L&C4me ive emailed you details of the event. I dont think ive ever emailed you before, so it may have gone straight into your junk mail.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

L&C4me
Thanks Ryan, I've just received it.
Jim

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Our good friend Bucksby reckons hes on board also

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Dancer
I would love to attend this but will confirm when I have sorted out my day off.  I do have a Saturday off that month - just hope it is this one.  Many thanks.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Thats great Dancer. Hey, maybe you could perform some of your dances for us, sure be swell to see you perform

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Angie
Would love to attend this Ryan and catch up with you all.......but I'm afraid I'm away that weekend! Gutted. :(

Have a great time though! :)

Angie

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Dancer
I have checked on my holiday roster and I would like to attend please Ryan.  I have never been to Derby before so could you email me under separate cover your itinerary.  Kind regards.  Michael.

PS - I don't think it would be a good idea for me to dance.  You need to encourage members not discourage them and give them permanent nightmares.  I save it for the spare room and works functions.

Re: OFTDs - Event / meet-up 2015.

Hi Michael. Ive emailed you details of the schedule and venue. Glad you want to come, im sure you will enjoy the day.

I will be emailing others towards the end of August to confirm their attendance. So far ive had 17 people express an interest. We have room for more, so if anyone fancies a nice day out, watching rare clips of our dancers, with like-minded enthusiasts, then this is for you.