*** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

*** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Doc
As most gatherings and Kal events are in the midlands, it is intended to hold a Summer event down in the deepest south at Brighton on Sat 30th June. The likely format is to visit a number of hostelries from lunchtime until late, traveling from station to the sea and back. Brighton has a huge number of pubs around the city centre!
I’ve put this up as an early warning to allow for booking of cheaper train tickets etc. Further details will follow closer to the day.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Yes Doc, im up for a trip to the sea-side. Just as a matter of interest, are train tickets cheaper if you book them early ? Ive never booked train tickets with a 4 month waiting time before.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

AC/PD
National Rail currently goes no further than 21st May.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Everything'sRosie
Hi Doc

While sitting here shivering, a warm June day in Brighton sounds very appealing to me right now. I've visited your excellent city on a couple of occasions and have always been impressed, there is no finer promenade in all England imho. So I will do my best to attend.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Doc
One of the possible stopping points!

It's got a bit more colourful since I last visited.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

BeautifulBabs
not excuse for me not to come !

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Doc
None at all!

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

I would like to come to this if I may. I cannot be certain yet that I will be able to, because of work commitments but all being well I would like to get to Brighton. As a new member I am not sure of the protocols and what may happen at these events,. But if you allow me I would like to be there that day.
Are you a friendly bunch?

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Doc
Hanway2 wrote
As a new member I am not sure of the protocols
Buying a round is usually enough.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Hanway2 wrote
I would like to come to this if I may. I cannot be certain yet that I will be able to, because of work commitments but all being well I would like to get to Brighton. As a new member I am not sure of the protocols and what may happen at these events,. But if you allow me I would like to be there that day.
Are you a friendly bunch?
An annual OFTD Event has been held in Derby where we watch videos that aren't publicly available and there's a buffet. Invite to that, though informal, is by prior arrangement. However, a meet-up like this one, which we nowadays have a few times a year in different places, simply involves a social get-together at the pub/s selected by a local member 'in the know', not uncommonly ending in a visit to an Indian restaurant for those hungry for it and able to stay long enough. Naturally, a good deal of the conversation revolves around the TOTP dancers and the forum. All you basically need to do with these meet-ups is contact the thread starter for the location of the meeting place and hopefully just turn up on the day.

We are indeed a friendly bunch Hanway! You will find yourself quickly welcomed into the fold as others would testify.

Hi Hanway. I've been on the forum nearly 2 years and have met up with the guys a number of times. I can say without reservation you will be made most welcome.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Hanway2 wrote
Are you a friendly bunch?
Undoubtedly, Hanway2.
All encounters have been pretty largely similar to a physical manifestation of this site and are just as described in the three replies above.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Hanway2
It all sounds very good. Thank you for being so welcoming. I do hope that I will be able to come after all this. I haven’t been to  Brighton for a drink in a long time.
And, hopefully, I will get to a Derby event sometime too.