*** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Old Grey Whistler
AC/PD wrote
My belief is that having a gap of a month at least between get-togethers of any kind (Kal included) is 'fair dinkum' because of the cost effective savings on expenditure and in order to maintain maximum talkativeness which up until now has always maintained an optimum level of 100% (any seconds of silence are rare to non-existent).
With a Summer Event of 30th June (which makes the cut if squashed), or thereabouts. penned into the 2018 OFTD's Diary, my recent thought which was expressed on Saturday has been that when taking into consideration the geographical location of the majority of regular attendees, to make two trips from North of Watford into and through London over the Summer months would leave a sizable dent in bank accounts would be unfair, so with a Brighton trip as the priority, the London trip should be put back to a later date - possibly/probably 2019.
This wins my vote as the most eloquent post of the year and could have been written by Sir Humphrey himself!
Not that any of this means anything to me. As far as I am concerned the Midlands are south, London is very south and Brighton is well on the way to Australia.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

AC/PD wrote
 talkativeness which up until now has always maintained an optimum level of 100% (any seconds of silence are rare to non-existent).
Im my case it is 1% talking and 99% listening with a grin on my face. Don’t be afraid to say hello, I promise I do talk to people other than Gill/Ruth fans

I may be able to attend if my invite is in the post. Looking at the Brighton rail tickets, it gives me much more flexibility on a departure time, though I regret to inform attendees of the Kaleidoscope event that I unfortunately have to depart at the same time as last year. Hopefully I will be able to have a drink this time.

Anyway, nearer the time I will be able to confirm my attendance.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Well theres no turning back for me now. Accommodation all booked !

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
Start time 12:00.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc wrote
Start time 12:00.
Well my start time will be Friday afternoon when i begin my own private Quadrophenia locations pilgrimage. `That` alley being number one of my hit list.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
A bit of a hike to where Sting’s bike got trashed!