*** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Old Grey Whistler
AC/PD wrote
My belief is that having a gap of a month at least between get-togethers of any kind (Kal included) is 'fair dinkum' because of the cost effective savings on expenditure and in order to maintain maximum talkativeness which up until now has always maintained an optimum level of 100% (any seconds of silence are rare to non-existent).
With a Summer Event of 30th June (which makes the cut if squashed), or thereabouts. penned into the 2018 OFTD's Diary, my recent thought which was expressed on Saturday has been that when taking into consideration the geographical location of the majority of regular attendees, to make two trips from North of Watford into and through London over the Summer months would leave a sizable dent in bank accounts would be unfair, so with a Brighton trip as the priority, the London trip should be put back to a later date - possibly/probably 2019.
This wins my vote as the most eloquent post of the year and could have been written by Sir Humphrey himself!
Not that any of this means anything to me. As far as I am concerned the Midlands are south, London is very south and Brighton is well on the way to Australia.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

AC/PD wrote
 talkativeness which up until now has always maintained an optimum level of 100% (any seconds of silence are rare to non-existent).
Im my case it is 1% talking and 99% listening with a grin on my face. Don’t be afraid to say hello, I promise I do talk to people other than Gill/Ruth fans

I may be able to attend if my invite is in the post. Looking at the Brighton rail tickets, it gives me much more flexibility on a departure time, though I regret to inform attendees of the Kaleidoscope event that I unfortunately have to depart at the same time as last year. Hopefully I will be able to have a drink this time.

Anyway, nearer the time I will be able to confirm my attendance.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Well theres no turning back for me now. Accommodation all booked !

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
Start time 12:00.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc wrote
Start time 12:00.
Well my start time will be Friday afternoon when i begin my own private Quadrophenia locations pilgrimage. `That` alley being number one of my hit list.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
A bit of a hike to where Sting’s bike got trashed!

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
Just bumping this to stop it falling off the bottom.
Anyone travelling from London might be better off getting a tube to Victoria and then a train from there as Thameslink forgot they had to employ and train enough drivers for the new service and are cancelling 30-40% of their trains at the moment. They might improve by the end of the month though.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Hi Doc. This thing is coming up fast on the rails and will be upon us before we know it. I know we spoke at the recent Kal event about the Brighton day itself, but we didn't discuss the meeting point. I would be grateful if you could email me details of this. Cheers.

Hopefully a few more will join us for the day. Come on you southern guys, join us for lots of chat and more about our subject.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
If you are going to come say so and I’ll eventually email out the starting point to those that have responded.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
Email sent with start up location.
It is intended to be a journey to sea and back with a few well known places on the route.

BBabs are you coming?

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Yep looking forward to it. If anyone sees Beautiful Babs, give him a nudge. Its his neck of the woods and be nice to see him again.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up NO DATE Brighton ***

Doc
This remains an open invitation to any forum member. Its 1200 until you want to go home. As long as the weather is good there will be time to see a few of the well known sites in between pub stops (to slow the beer consumption).

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Hanway, earlier in this thread you said you may be able to attend this, depending on work commitments. Are you able too ? You would be very welcome to join us.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Hanway2
Hello all,
Yes, I would like to but have a problem with work which might prevent me. I am working early that day, I will not finish until about three o’clock. If I went straight down to Brighton, I would  get there about 5.30-6.00. Where would you be at that time? I do not usually use a mobile phone,  but could borrow my wife’s for the day.
Also, I could probably only have 1 or 2 alcoholic drinks, as I am early again at work the following day and there is a strict Drug and Alcohol policy which I would not want to fail.
Apart from that, I would like to go and meet up with whoever is there and chat Pans, Legs or whatever it is you talk about on these occasions.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Okay, cool you want to join us. Not sure at this precise moment where we will be at 5.30, but it would be best if i texted you on the day. I will email you my number. Sometimes our emails go into the junk when we email via the forum, so please check.

Most of our conversation on the day centres around Pans/Legs etc, lots of 70s music talk as well.

I’m sure we can arrange to be near the station. We won’t be going much more than 15 minutes walk away from the station with any of the pubs.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Hanway2
Ryan has sent me a message which included his mobile number. Whenever I arrive at Brighton Station I will call or text and try to find out where you are.
I haven’t been to Brighton for many years, but when I used to go drinking there in the early 80s I often went to a bar/pub right on the beach, which name I can no longer Remember.  No idea if it is still there, and it would be more than 15 minutes away from the station in any case. I can recall others nearer the station, including the ‘Brighton Rock’ pub, not named as such but I am sure it featured in the Richard Attenborough film.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

mojo2007
I am an old wreck at present, hope that you enjoy the town, watch out for very expensive parking if you take a car

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Ive never been to Brighton, but im immensely looking forward to this. As we have covered just about everything on the forum to do with our subject, very much my favourite thing about OFTDs these days are the meet-ups. I find it far easier to get points across when im talking in person to fellow forum buddies on these occasions.

Re: *** OFTDs Summer meet up Sat 30 June Brighton ***

Doc
The long term weather forecast predicts 22C with sunny intervals and only a 4% chance of rain.