Quantcast

OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

I'm pleased to announce that a third `OFTDs` annual event will take place on Saturday 8th of October 2016. This will be again in the city of Derby.

Questions you may want answering.

Whats a OFTDs event ?

Its basically a once a year get together by members of this place. We spend the day watching clips that are not available on the internet and also rather a lot of the day chatting in a convivial manner about all things TOTPs, the dance routines and dancers. I urge all members to come along to this. I guarantee you will enjoy the day and be made to feel most welcome and part of OFTDs.

So how does this differ from a OFTDs meet-up ?

On a OFTDs meet-up, like we have just had in London, we dont watch any clips. Thats more of a darn good excuse for us to meet up and talk about our subject over a few beers. I hope to arrange a more more of these days too in the future. The actual event in Derby is the Big Daddy and not to be missed.

How can i attend this ?

If you want to attend, all you have to do is email me. I will email you back with details of the venue. Unlike last year, im keeping the list of clips to myself. This will give folk something more to look forward to on arrival, but i know attendees will be pleased with whats being screened.

Whos eligible to attend ?

This will be open to all members of OFTDs (well the ones i get along with, which thankfully is most). Im also particularly keen get folk there who haven't attended before. The new folk who attended last year enjoyed the day immensely, and i can count on two hands well known members from OFTDs whom i still have yet to meet. Email me, you wont regret it.
Just a word on emailing from the site. Sometimes when members email each other for the first time, their messages can end up in junk/spam boxes, so please check. If you email me, i will get back to you that same day.

How many places are they ?

Lots of places, the room is big.

Will it cost me anything to get in ?

NO. This is a private invitation only gathering. The general public are not allowed in. I will be funding the event. I will not be charging any of the attendees an admission fee and im not making any profit from it.

What time will it be from ?

We have the room from 12 midday until 8pm in the evening. If folk want to arrive earlier, then thats fine, just mingle in the bar area.

These past two years whats also become very popular is the after-event session in the real ale pub just down the road. This usually lasts till around midnight. Rather than having to dash away to catch your train why dont you consider booking into the hotel venue/or any of the other hotels around that area for the night. That way you could stay on and enjoy the chat and good atmosphere till late.

Any free nosh on offer ?

Yes the venue caterers will be providing a finger buffet and teas & coffees. These will be available around 1.15pm.

What are the folk like who attend ?

Ive now met up with about 25 or so members of OFTDs and you wont find a friendlier bunch. If you haven't met me/us before, you will be surprised how quickly you are made to feel part of the gang.

What type of things will be screened ?

As i say, im giving nothing away on this, but i know folk will enjoy the good fayre on show. Like the previous years, i will be again using a LCD Projector to show the footage.

Will the clips be shown back to back ?

No, they will be split up into segments, giving us plenty of breaks for refreshments and chat.

Why dont you name the venue on this post ?

Well as its an invitation only event, i dont want gatecrashers, and they wouldn't get in even if they tried.

What time will the actual screenings begin ?

They will commence at 2pm. This gives us lots of time to chat and socialize before hand.

Is there a closing date to be included for this ?

Yes, i need to know whos attending by Wednesday the 21st September. The reason is i need to know how much food to order, as im paying per head i don't want to be ordering to much, or i guess to little.

Will i regret not going ?

Yes you will. You will miss out on viewing some really good footage that may not get into the public domain for quite a while or indeed ever and also miss out meeting some like minded enthusiasts. Derby is conveniently situated in central England. Road and rail connections are ideal.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

BeautifulBabs
hope to come Ryan but been hit with Jury service that week though hope to be discharged by then#
for anyone dithering just go its a really good day

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Dancer
Hello Ryan.  I would like to attend too please.  I will email you under separate cover.  Regards.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Count me in, Ryan

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Should be in Derby on Friday till Sunday Ryan. And have a good Saturday with everybody at the meeting.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

AC/PD
Yes please.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Cool, a few have replied on this thread and a few via email, including a newish member here whos not attended before, so looking forward to meeting him.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Doc
Yes, count me in.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Gorgeous Daze
I'm very much up again for the annual Event. Anyone who hasn't attended before who's still undecided should take note that the vast majority who attended the first came back again for the second (which was augmented by others who missed the first) and I believe that the few who made the first but not the second would all have liked to have come had they not been prevented from doing so for different reasons. Already one-by-one several members who've attended before are confirming they''ll be back in Derby this October. Proof positive I think it's fair to say that everyone who's been to this Event has had a good day that they're eager to experience again!

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Ive had a nice steady rate of inquires about the event. Im pleased to say a second chap whos a member here will be attending for the first time also.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

katy
I will also be attending this meet up so I will see you all then.
Katy

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

PattiForPM
Sorry I'm doubtful but negotiations are ongoing...  (and no, I'm not the defendant in BB's jury trial)

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

AC/PD
This time next month.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

sueforever
You are right there AC/PD, am looking forward to it.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

  A message to the chap who emailed me today asking for details of the event. I notice you have only been a member here for a short while and have yet to make any posts on the forum.
  I'm sorry, but i can't really let you have any details of the event as its only really open to folk i know from OFTDs or folk i'm familiar with, by that i mean members here who post regularly. In other words you could be just anybody, i dont know you at all. I'm sure you have the best of intentions and are a decent sort of bloke, but i hope you can see my side of it.
  I'm replying back to you on here rather than by email, hope thats okay.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Just 3 weeks to go now before the OFTDs event. Just to say that if you would like to attend this, then all you have to do is contact me, preferably by email or if you so wish via this thread.

But please be aware that i can only let folk attend who im familiar with. By that i mean members who post regularly on here, or have amassed posts on here in the past (and who i get along with helps also).

The closing date for folk wanting to attend is this `Thursday the 22nd September.`

I guarantee you will enjoy the day and the footage that will be shown. Go on, what are you waiting for

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

To the OFTDs regular contributor who emailed me this morning inquiring about the event. Ive emailed you back, though my email may end up in your junk/spam box. Please check.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

For those attending the event on the 8th, you maybe interested to know that we will be using the same room as last year, but this time the screen will be at the other end of the room. I went down the place yesterday and i very much approve of this set-up, as this time the screen isn't near the entrance door.

If any regulars or long term `dance fan` members of OFTDs who haven't contacted me, but would still fancy going, just get in touch with me.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

This thread is very quiet, but have no fear folks, the event is this Saturday and im sure it will be a great day for all who attend. Quality rare footage thats not to be missed. See ya there.

Re: OFTDs event 2016. (BE THERE)

Everything'sRosie
Looking forward to it, Ryan. See you there.