OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Locked 22 messages Options

OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

This thread is basically to put folk in the picture. After having an event in 2014, 15, 16 and 17, we drew a blank in 2018. This was due to a number of reasons. Ive now decided that it might be nice to have one again in 2019. At this moment in time ive booked nothing, but im looking for it to be on a Saturday in July (yes 6 months away). My preferred dates would be 13th or 20th.

I do have some newer bits and pieces to show as well as other dance routines etc that cannot be found on the internet. It will be held in Derby again.

If i can get around a dozen or so regular contributors to the forum who would like to attend, then i will go ahead and enquire about the availability of the venue and put a deposit down to secure the room/projector etc. I would like to have this done by the end of January, as i can start planning once its booked.

Like before the event is private and not open to the general public. Only members of OFTDs who regularly contribute will be eligible to attend. The event will be free of charge.

If you are interested in going, then please say so on here or email me. If enough folk are keen, then i will have the confirmed date up in early February. I will not be saying what im showing either on this thread or by email, so please do not bother asking. You will have to wait until the day, but im sure you wont be disappointing.

Now, lets see what you could have won!

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

GiLuRo
I'd like to attend please Ryan, when you know the date i'll stick a days holiday in if in if i'm booked to work that day.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Gorgeous Daze
The proposed return of the annual Derby Event is great news for OFTD. It's always a friendly day with loads of rare stuff to enjoy and the buffet invariably goes down a treat. Count me in Ryan for maintaining my 100% attendance record.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Doc
Currently I appear to be off for the 20th, so I’d favour that one. The 13th I appear to be working all weekend. It could be subject to alteration as it’s rumoured our HR dept want to implement changes as they’ve decided we don’t comply with some modern fatigue standards BS they’ve worked out.
Still living in 1979

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

AC/PD
To any OFTD newcomers or folk absent from all four previous Derby events,  one Saturday in July 2019 will be 100% enjoyable, thoroughly worthwhile and with entertainment guaranteed to appeal to dance troupe advocates. And if you like lettuce, you'll be in 7th heaven.
Pleasant, cordial and relaxed, the company's superb for anyone from the chattiest person to the quietest mouse.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Suefan
Excellent news.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Doc wrote
Currently I appear to be off for the 20th, so I’d favour that one.
I will take that into consideration, but im governed by what dates the venue have on offer.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Okay GiLuRo, i hope to announce the date in early Feb.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

I hope to be there Ryan, to keep my record. Of having been to everyone of the get together.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Old Grey Whistler
I would be interested in attending this event as well.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Legsfan
I would like to attend Ryan. As soon as the date is confirmed, I shall book the day off work.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

 I want to come as well. It sounds like an unmissable event for me. No idea yet what I will be doing on those days. But I will throw a sickie if I have to to come! Or get a changeover with a colleague.
The day as described is want to wait longingly for.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Hanway2 wrote
 No idea yet what I will be doing on those days. But I will throw a sickie if I have to to come! Or get a changeover with a colleague.
Thats the spirit Hanway

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Hanway2
 Yes, watching rare, or even not so rare, footage of the Dancing Queens is far more important than work!
And who cares if my Station has to close if I am not there- certainly not me!

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

The Rubberband Man
I'm up for this Ryan, and I'll be able to do either of the suggested dates.
I missed the very first year of these Derby events, but the three I've been to were absolutely superb days. Looking forward to this one.

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Everything'sRosie
I'll certainly be coming, Ryan. Meeting friends and seeing rare footage is more than enough incentive.
Queens of My Soul
HG

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

HG
What happens at these events?

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Good to hear you're still up for this, Ryan.

Since I missed your last event, I'm going to make a special effort to make it this year.

Both of your suggested dates are fine for me.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

HG wrote
What happens at these events?
Meet-up at the venue from 11.30am onwards. Have a bit of a chat over a drink. Buffet food comes out about 1.30pm. Then at 2pm i will start showing the `not on the internet` rare routines on the big screen. Probably show these in 4 batches lasting about 40 minutes each with a 20 minute gap between the batches. The video show ending about 5.45 pm. Then we spend another hour in the venue then head down the road and visit the real ale pub.

Its a good day out and everyone who has gone in the past seemed to enjoy it. Im afraid i have no rare Hot Gossip though !

Re: OFTDs event 2019 (its in the pipe-line stage).

Young Mister Grace wrote
Since I missed your last event, I'm going to make a special effort to make it this year.
YMG
Hope so YMG