OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

I'm pleased to announce that a fourth `OFTDs` annual event will take place on Saturday 7th of October 2017. This will be again in the city of Derby.

Questions you may want answering.

Whats a OFTDs event ?

Its basically a once a year get together by members of this place. We spend the day watching clips that are not available on the internet and also rather a lot of the day chatting in a convivial manner about all things TOTPs, the dance routines and dancers. I urge all members to come along to this. I guarantee you will enjoy the day and be made to feel most welcome and part of OFTDs.

How can i attend this ?

If you want to attend, all you have to do is let me know on this thread or alternatively email me. I will email you back with details of the venue.

Whos eligible to attend ?

This will be open to members of OFTDs who regularly post on here, or have amassed a number of posts or who have attended in the past. I cannot accept members with zero posts for this.

How many places are they ?

Lots of places, the room is big.

Will it cost me anything to get in ?

NO. This is a private invitation only gathering. The general public are not allowed in. I will be funding the event. I will not be charging any of the attendees an admission fee and im not making any profit from it.

What time will it be from ?

We have the room from 12 midday until 8pm in the evening. If folk want to arrive earlier, then thats fine, just mingle in the bar area.

These past two years whats also become very popular is the after-event session in the real ale pub just down the road. This usually lasts till around midnight. Rather than having to dash away to catch your train why dont you consider booking into the hotel venue/or any of the other hotels around that area for the night. That way you could stay on and enjoy the chat and good atmosphere till late.

Any free nosh on offer ?

Yes the venue caterers will be providing a finger buffet and teas & coffees. These will be available around 1.15pm. The buffet is a major cost for me and any contributions on the day will be gratefully accepted. Ya know, about a tenner will help, but no biggie if anyone forgets to !

What are the folk like who attend ?

Ive now met up with about 25 or so members of OFTDs and you wont find a friendlier bunch. If you haven't met me/us before, you will be surprised how quickly you are made to feel part of the gang.

Will the clips be shown back to back ?

No, they will be split up into segments, giving us plenty of breaks for refreshments and chat.

Why dont you name the venue on this post ?

Well as its an invitation only event, i dont want gatecrashers, and they wouldn't get in even if they tried.

What time will the actual screenings begin ?

They will commence at 2pm. This gives us lots of time to chat and socialize before hand.

Is there a closing date to be included for this ?

Yes, i need to know whos attending by Wednesday the 20th September. The reason is i need to know how much food to order, as im paying per head i don't want to be ordering to much, or i guess to little.

Will i regret not going ?

Yes you will. You will miss out on viewing some really good footage that may not get into the public domain for quite a while or indeed ever and also miss out meeting some like minded enthusiasts. Derby is conveniently situated in central England. Road and rail connections are ideal.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

GiLuRo
Just booked the day off work Ryan, and looking forward to seeing the crowd again, last year was a great day out and everyone was very welcoming, i'd certainly recommend any of the newbies attending.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

Doc
Looks like I'm off work that weekend, so barring any unexpected emergencies, I'll be there.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

Everything'sRosie
Providing Trump/Putin haven't plunged the world into nuclear armageddon by October I should be able to make it to Derby.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

PattiForPM
You need to come to my 12 step program ER

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

I usually stay for two days in Derby, but I can't this year. So Ryan I hope to stay overnight on the Saturday. But I can't remember the name of the venue you use.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

I will email the name of the venue to you.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

Thanks Ryan for the information.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

Doc
Note, the relevant hotel seems to be quite busy, the single and twin rooms have sold out. There are still double and executive options available.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

There are also a few hotels nearby to the relevant hotel we are using for the event.

Re: OFTDs event 2017 (the date for your diary)

Doc
The double rooms are less than £50. So it's not too bad.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

I do know that Rubberband Man, GiLuRo, Gorgeous Daze, Doc, Sueforever & AC/PD have contacted me already confirming their attendance, so they need not contact me. Forgive me if anyone else has let me know and ive forgot. As from now i will keep a list.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

AC/PD
Don't forget verbal verification too, Ryan.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

Gorgeous Dave
Sounds like someone who worked with Swiss Toni.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

Yes PD, not sure how i forgot you in that short list. Of course you and a few of the others will be keep up your 100% attendance records for the event.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

MADMAX
Obviously, its a little tooo far for me. Sounds like a fantastic weekend, especially watching some video which I would guess be far better quality than that of YT. Just  like to wish you all a great time and have a beer for me (we have ours COLD). Might get to see some pics or stories down the track!. Do any of the girls manage to put in an appearance?

                                                   Cheers

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

Gorgeous Daze
Thanks for the good wishes Max. A royal visit isn't unknown. Two years ago we were honoured by Pauline's attendance.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

That Dave bloke says more of those rather tasty samosas and a little less lettuce would be in order this year.

Looking forward to it, as always. And as a 100 per center I highly recommend to anyone thinking of making their debut what's proven to be a thoroughly enjoyable day.

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

PattiForPM
I'm afraid I'm a no-show again this year, employing the tired 3000 mile excuse again, but wish you all a great time in Ryan's excellent care

Re: OFTDs event, 7th Oct 2017.

Old Grey Whistler
I would like to increase my attendance percentage from 66.66% to 75%
Or to put it more bluntly, could you add me to your list of attendees please?