OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Time to announce the first OFTDs meet-up of what hopefully will be a busy year of meets. This will take place in the conveniently placed city of Birmingham on Saturday January 27th. One thing i cannot guarantee at that time of the year is the weather (fingers crossed and all that) but i can guarantee good company, lots of convivial chat about our subject and fine ales. If you would like to join me for this, then please say so on here and i will get back to you with the venue. Come join us, you will like it.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

The Rubberband Man
Count me in Ryan.
By the 27th, I'll have had enough of Dry January.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Gorgeous Daze
Count me inn again too.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Everything'sRosie
This sounds as good a place as anywhere to celebrate the completion of my tax return

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Well the good news is that a total of 5 people are attending this, a shame there are not more. Rather than email the guys, i will let them know on here that ive booked our favourite Indian restaurant in Birmingham for 7pm. So no repeat of the December nightmare when we wandered around the second city in the cold and wet in hunt of a curry, even a third rate one at that.

Also its worth reminding the guys of the new official OFTDs handshake which we successfully tried out in December. In honour of Lulu's iconic moment in Black Betty.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Doc
Unfortunately I'm up in Yorkshire* all weekend, hopefully all that white stuff you have up there will be gone by then.

(* - sounds better than saying Middlesbrough and Doncaster!)

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Old Grey Whistler
Doc wrote
Unfortunately I'm up in Yorkshire* all weekend, hopefully all that white stuff you have up there will be gone by then.

(* - sounds better than saying Middlesbrough and Doncaster!)
Its already gone!

The BBC's even predicting temperatures into double figures Saturday.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

ive booked our favourite Indian restaurant in Birmingham for 7pm. So no repeat of the December nightmare when we wandered around the second city in the cold and wet in hunt of a curry, even a third rate one at that.

Good idea Ryan. Don't want a repeat of December's shenanigans. Missing out on the Lamb Rogan Josh again would be unbearable.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

PattiforPM
I'm not going to be there but missing Rogan Josh is almost too much for me too.  If I do ever show up this will be my version of the secret handshake:

Have fun lads

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

mojo2007
I wish I could join you as I am sure you will a good time.  Did you catch the few seconds of Silver Star  on BBC Hogmanay programme. Just a glimpse of Sue in HD on the big screen, made my day.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

I hope you boys a good time tomorrow, sorry I can't be there to meet up with you guys.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Cheers S4E, shame you cant join us this time.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Thanks for the good wishes SFE. Hopefully the Kal music-themed event usually held in June will see you back in Birmingham.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Legsfan
I hope you are all having a good time.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Gorgeous Daze
After a substantial time at the meeting venue, three more pubs and a quality curry house were visited . Add in a day full of chat and laughter and that's what I call a good day out. Thanks all!

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Yeah i thought today was top notch. Thanks to GD, ER, TRBM & AC/PD for the non stop chat, lots of merriment and camaraderie in bucket loads. Add to that the welcome pints of Doom Bar and the excellent feast in the curry house, even the train trip back was smooth enough with plenty of seats. Next stop Kal in March.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

The Rubberband Man
A very enjoyable and amicable Meet yesterday in the company of Ryan, AC/PD, ER, GD. As Bill Withers would say, “Lovely Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay”.

I really liked the pubs we visited and the friendly curry house served up a top notch Rogan Josh. All rounded off with lots of chats, laffs and easy ambience, it was a perfect way to pass the time on a cold drizzly Saturday.

Trouble free journey home for me as well.

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

AC/PD
Impressively sized balti dishes in that excellent curry house from what was 'almost' the last stop-off point of a typically speedy day. It was like an easy going version of Dancers Question Time, only with civility and pints.
As mentioned, an ideal way to spend a drizzly Saturday in January.
Thanks all....and the Lulu fist-pump was spontaneous!

Re: OFTDs meet-up (Birmingham) 27/01/18

Gorgeous Daze
AC/PD wrote
Thanks all....and the Lulu fist-pump was spontaneous!
I think it has potential to go masonic.