OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Please join me on Sunday evening for another OFTDs quiz.

Sunday evening, 1st December at 9pm and ends at 10pm. A fresh set of pics every 3 minutes, 21 sets in all.

What will we see on-screen ?

On each round you will see 3 pictures in a basic collage. You will also see 3 typed questions about the 3 pictures.

Tell me more about the three pics ?

Each of the 3 pictures will have either an A, B or a C attached.

All the `A` pictures are screengrabs of 1979 Promotional pop videos.

All the `B` pictures are screengrabs of 1979 TOTPs dance routines.

All the `C` pictures are screengrabs of 1979 TOTPs studio performances.

Tell me more about the three questions ?

Below the collage you will find a question that relates to each.

You are only allowed to answer one of the questions per round.

You are not allowed to answer consecutive categories (as in previous treble chance quizzes).

Points scoring

On each round, 2 points will be awarded to the 3 players who are fastest in correctly answering the three picture category's. A single point to any other correct answers.

Players can only answer one pic per round. A 3 point penalty will be imposed if players somehow answer twice.

Please do not edit or delete answers and i will ignore updated posts. I will also ignore any answers in which the same category gets answer consecutively.

I will ignore answers submitted after the 3 minutes, so make sure you get your answer in the allotted time.

Any queries about the above, please say so on here.
This quiz is very simple, so much so i reckon there could be a chance fast fingered players could score maximum points.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Everything'sRosie
This looks serious fun. Seeing as I have been reviewing the routines 40 years hence on a weekly basis for the last 12 months I have no excuses

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

 I have been looking forward to this monthly quiz since it was first mentioned. 1979 a year I remember well, including TOTPS.
 This is sure to be an interesting and keenly fought competition.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Looking forward to giving this a go tonight
I'll see everyone later

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Everything'sRosie
Evenin' all

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

PattiforPM
Hi Team

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

'Evening all

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Hello Everyone.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Who's That Hurll
Good evening.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

AC/PD
Good Ebening.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

A-001--Name the number 1 song featured in this 1979 pop promo video, though it didn't reach the top until 1980 (yep, a strange question to kick off a 79 quiz) ?

B-002--Can you name the singer who provided the music that Legs & Co are performing to here from August of 79 ?

C-003--Madness make their TOTPs studio debut with a song dedicated to a musical hero of theirs. Name the song ?

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

PattiforPM
Randy Vanwarmer

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

The Prince

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Brass in pocket

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Brass In Pocket

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Brass In Pocket

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Michael
Brass in pocket

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

C) The Prince.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

9.00 - A001 - `Brass In Pocket`, the 3rd single from The Pretenders in 1979, after `Stop Your Sobbing` and `Kid`.
9.00 - B002 - Randy VanWarmer (1955-2004), whos only foray into the UK singles chart was his number 8 hit `Just When I Needed You Most`.
9.00 - C003 - `The Prince`. The hero in question was Jamaican singer-songwriter and producer Prince Buster.

A-004--What song is being performed in this promo video from 1979 ?

B-005--An iconic Legs & Co scene as the lifeless Rosie is presented with a rose, but from which dancer ?

C-006--This singer made 3 TOTPs studio appearances in 1979 all to her one and only hit record. Who is she ?

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st December - `1979 treble chance` !

Michael
Judy Tzuke (not sure of spelling!)
1234 ... 12