OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

As its the first Sunday in the month i will be hosting another quiz. I hope you will be able to join me at 9pm for another delve into the 1970's. Its a fun way to spend an hour and a guaranteed way of live interaction between forum members.

What time will this take place ?

At 9pm on Sunday the 1st and last for one hour as per usual. Each set of pics arrive every 3 minutes.

What will we see on-screen ?

On each round you will see 3 pictures in a basic collage. The pics will be presented horizontally, a left-hand pic, a centre pic and a right hand pic.

Tell me more about the three pics ?

The left-hand pic will be artists and groups that provided music for Legs & Co to dance to on TOTPs during 1977. Simply provide the name of the artist or group.

The centre pic will show commentators/sports presenters that were around during the 1970's. Some of these had been around for donkeys years and some just starting out. Simply name the person in question.

The right-hand pic will be of BBC sit-com characters from the 1970s. Just to say, as long as the sit-com was screened during the 70s at some stage then the programme qualifies.

So what do we have to do ?

All players have to do is type the name of one of the people/characters. But its not that simple.

Some pictures show two or more people. When this happens, answer the person who the coloured arrow points to, though it will only occur on the right-hand set of pics.

IMPORTANT. Players are not allowed to choose the same category on two consecutive rounds. So for example, if you are a sports buff, you simply cant keep going for sports pics every round. However, you could if you so wished answer sports every couple of rounds so long as you go for another category in between.

Points scoring

On each round, 2 points will be awarded to the 3 players who are fastest in correctly answering the three picture category's. A single point to any other correct answers.

Players can only answer one pic per round. A 3 point penalty will be imposed if players somehow answer twice.

Please do not edit or delete answers and i will ignore updated posts. I will also ignore any answers in which the same category gets answer consecutively.
If anybody has any questions, please ask on here. I hope a few of you turn up and give it a go, its good fun.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Old Grey Whistler
Hmmm, 1977 artists. I guess that puts Dorothy Moore back into the equation!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Old Grey Whistler wrote
Hmmm, 1977 artists. I guess that puts Dorothy Moore back into the equation!
YES, very much so !

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Legsfan
I believe you

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

PattiforPM
Sad that David Parton is having trouble qualifying for these Quizzes.  Could there not be a section for cacophonous/visually unappealing singers? (I could make suggestions for others in this category if needed Boss)

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

PattiforPM wrote
Sad that David Parton is having trouble qualifying for these Quizzes.
Ah, Mr David Parton, brings back funny memories from the earlier days of OFTDs. I must remain the only person on the planet (apart from the great man himself, hope hes still with us) to prefer his version to Little Stevie's.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

CoffeeThing
Reminder set, looking forward to this. David Partin still with us according to the great wiki in the ether. I quite like his version too, but I like anything that reminds me of the mid-70s, even Angel Delight.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Sorry am going to miss this always have a good time, so have a good one everybody.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Just a reminder about this. 9pm this evening, hope you can join me.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Drat. Competing with World Cup extra time football . Didn't bargain with that.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Who's That Hurll
Double the entertainment!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

You'd have thought Croatia would have had it wrapped up in the 90 mins

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

It's been boring since the 2nd minute though

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Evening all, are we going at nine or after the footie?

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

PattiforPM wrote
It's been boring since the 2nd minute though
.... but if it goes to penalties

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Everything'sRosie
Hello. This is going to be tough without a refresh button!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Who's That Hurll
Everything'sRosie wrote
Hello. This is going to be tough without a refresh button!
Did you break it during the last quiz?

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Evening all. We're in for hot competition whatever!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Missing our friend S4E. Hope he gets equipped soon with a new device.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 1st July - 1970s Treble Chance (Take 3).

Who's That Hurll wrote
Everything'sRosie wrote
Hello. This is going to be tough without a refresh button!
Did you break it during the last quiz?
No, it just hasn't reappeared since the site went down