OFTDs quiz - Sun 2nd Sept - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

OFTDs quiz - Sun 2nd Sept - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

As its the first Sunday in the month i will be hosting picture another quiz. I hope you will be able to join me at 9pm for yet another delve into the 1970's. Its a fun way to spend an hour and a guaranteed way of live interaction between forum members. Well i say 1970's, but in the left-hand pics, i didn't mean to, but ive slipped into the 1980s for a few of them.

What time will this take place ?

At 9pm on Sunday the 2nd and lasts for one hour as per usual. Each set of pics arrive every 3 minutes.

What will we see on-screen ?

On each round you will see 3 pictures in a basic collage. The pics will be presented horizontally, a left-hand pic, a centre pic and a right hand pic.

Tell me more about the three pics ?

The left-hand pic will be pictures of Legs & Co routines. Your task is to name the solo singers or groups who provided the music. All the artists for this were only danced to the once by Legs & Co. Some of these are from 1980 & 81. When preparing the quiz i forgot it was supposed to be 70s only !

The centre pic will show footballers pictured in the 1970s wearing predominantly `BLUE`. Simply name the footballer in question

The right-hand pic will be of British made movies from the 1970's. A couple of these were Brit/American collaborations, but im claiming them to be more Brit than Yank.

So what do we have to do ?

All players have to do is type the name the singer/group, footballer or movie. But its not that simple.

Some pictures show two or more people. When this happens, answer the person who the coloured arrow points to, though it will only occur on a few of the centre set of pics.

IMPORTANT. Players are not allowed to choose the same category on two consecutive rounds. So for example, if you are a Football buff, you simply cant keep going for the Football pic every round. However, you could if you so wished answer Footballer pics every couple of rounds so long as you go for another category in between.

Points scoring

On each round, 2 points will be awarded to the 3 players who are fastest in correctly answering the three picture category's. A single point to any other correct answers.

Players can only answer one pic per round. A 3 point penalty will be imposed if players somehow answer twice.

Please do not edit or delete answers and i will ignore updated posts. I will also ignore any answers in which the same category gets answer consecutively.

If anybody has any questions, please ask on here. I hope a few of you turn up and give it a go, its good fun.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

By the way, the October quiz will be 1980's themed. Maybe you guys are getting a bit 70's fatigued !

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Everything'sRosie
I shall be there, Ryan, eager to cement my hard-earned reputation for mid-table anonymity.

70s/80s, both suit me fine, it's when popular culture slips into the 21st century that I go AWOL.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

I will be there Ryan , nice to be back.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

PattiforPM
Sorry I'm on call and unable to attend.  Good luck everyone

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

 I hope to be able to get involved again this Sunday, I really enjoyed the heat of battle in my first attempt at these monthly quizzes last time. I am very much a creature of the 70s, any cultural references after about 1986 will be lost on me. And 21st Century knowledge of modern life are like alien territory, I will not go there!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

The Rubberband Man
I've cleared my diary for this Ryan. Looking forward to it.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

CoffeeThing
Shall be there as long as I remember!
This week, I are be mostly too warm

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

CoffeeThing wrote
Shall be there as long as I remember!
A good way to remember things is to put a reminder on your phone. Im quite forgetful myself and ive found this a great help.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Just a reminder to folk about the category's on offer.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

sueforever
Hello everyone.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Everything'sRosie
Good evening

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Evenin' All

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Good Evening.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Good evening everyone.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

The Rubberband Man
Get Carter

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Get Carter

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

rush

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 5th Aug - 1970s Treble Chance (Well almost)

Everything'sRosie
Rush