OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Its coming up to that time again (the first Sunday of the month) when we do the OFTDs quiz. This time its another `one-off` quiz format. Please read and understand the quiz rules.

Ive been very impressed with the cryptic style pictures members here use for their choices on the many polls we have on OFTDs. So much so ive embraced that idea and will base this quiz on it.

What do you have to do ?

Probably best i post a sample and i will try to take it from there.

So on each round you will be presented with 3 rows of pictures. These give players 3 chances to answer, hence the treble chance.

On the top of every fresh set of pictures you will see a caption that tells you the subject of that round. In the sample pic above, you see im asking for singers who first had a hit record in the 1950's.

The subjects will vary between TOTPs dance routines names, bands, singers, TOTPs presenters and so on.

The answers to the sample pic above are thus....

Gene Vincent - First pic shows Gene Hunt, second pic shows Vincent Price.
Chuck Berry - First pic denotes `chuck` away, second pic shows a berry.
Cliff Richard - First pic shows a cliff, second pic shows a young Keith Richard.

Some of the pictures will be asking you for words. Some of the pictures will be asking you for syllables. So its vital you read the `top caption` carefully on every fresh set of pics.

When i ask for syllables, i will divide up the words with red lines thus.

Obviously ive used yellow rectangles instead of actual pics, but in this instance the Pans People routines would be 2 words with 3 syllables. The red lines show the word make-up.

NOW THE WEIRD WAY OF SCORING POINTS !

2 points for being the first to correctly identify one of the rows. 2 points to someone else for being the first to correctly identify another row. Now the weird bit, 3 points for answering the final row. A single point for every correct answer after that.

So why am i offering a further point for being third (as it were) ? Because i imagine players will just pile in quickly and answer the first thing they can solve, in other words the the easy one. All that will happen then is a heap of single points for most players. Why not hold fire, study the clues more and wait a couple of minutes to see whats been posted. That way you may earn a 3 instead of a 2.
I admit some of these are really quite difficult, but on every round some are ridiculously easy, so im sure everyone will score a least a single point on each round.

Remember, only one row of pictures may be answered on each round. Players who inadvertently answer twice or edit or update posts will not score points.

So 21 sets of pics beginning at 9pm and delivered every 3 minutes ending at 10pm.

This quiz should be fun to play. Im looking forward to seeing how you decipher the crypticness of my imagination.

Im going to press on with this quiz even if only a small handful take part, so it will not be delayed if its a disappointing turn-out.

If anybody has any questions, please ask on here.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Hanway2
 Ryan, this month’s quiz seems fiendishly complicated. I will have to study the rules properly, something I did not do last time!
 I hope to take part this Sunday. Again I will be at work, but hopeful all will be well and there are no interruptions between 9 and 10 on the day.
 Another month when the taking part is more important than the glory. Let us hope there are plenty of willing competitors this Sunday evening.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Hanway2
               MESSAGE FOR PATTIFORPM.

   Sir,
      Congratulations. Out of the near 40,000,000 inhabitants of this great country you have been chosen to receive a special honour. At 17.00hrs, as per time in Ottawa, on Sunday November 3rd, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will call on you at your home for a special visit, as an ordinary friend and Canadian.
     You will be able to discuss with Prime Minister Trudeau the virtues and challenges facing the vibrant, progressive and forward thinking country that is the modern day Canada. The visit will last approximately one hour and their will be ample opportunity to have your point of view submitted to our esteemed and distinguished Premier. The press and Television will be in attendance, and you may take your own photo and media recordings of this event. It is expected that a modest hospitality will be provided by yourself for this momentous occasion. Please do not be alarmed if PM Trudeau changes his facial appearance during the visit. He may use make-up to darken the colour of his face. This is a personal foible of the Prime Minister and must not be taken as an effort  to cause offense to any individual or group of people.
     Sir, I trust you feel suitably honoured to be selected in this way. Prime Minister Trudeau is a true 'Man of the People' and it his wish entirely that this occasion will pass off as a grand gesture on his part. You will be able to see and evaluate the real Mr. Trudeau close up during his stay. He feels confident you will be enthused by this unprecedented close contact with him.
    We are your honourable and distinguished servants.
              The Private Secretary to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Old Grey Whistler
It looks like another interesting format but I have to go out this evening so won't be able to take part unfortunately.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Well met H2.  (Un)fortunately I have no real desire to meet Mr Trudeau and I voted Green in the recent election (sorry Boss, no more political talk I promise).  Therefore I do plan to quiz today, even if it means a return to my usual bottom feeder status đŸ™ƒ

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

PattiforPM
You tricky lot, you turned your clocks back on me already didn't you? (it was this weekend for us)

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

 I am at work right now, but am hoping to take some active part in this month’s quiz. I am at a different location from last month, and it will not be so easy to answer the questions from tonight’s place, but I will try my best.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

PattiforPM
I'm back again.  Is it time?

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Gorgeous Daze
Good evening all.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Evening all. I hope everybody is well.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Hello everyone.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

 Good evening fellow quizzers and dance fans.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Hello to all.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Congratulations to Lewis Hamilton for winning the F1 Drivers’ World Championship

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Good Evening to all participants.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Gorgeous Daze
Careless Whisper

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

careless whisper

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

My Guy

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 3rd November - `cryptic pictures treble chance` !

Severn Tears