OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Its that time again (the first Sunday of the month) when we do the OFTDs quiz. Another mystery year. The year in question will not be revealed until 8.57pm on Sunday. Hope you will be able to join us and play along.

Sunday 4th August and it commences at 9pm and ends at 10pm. A fresh set of pics every 3 minutes, 21 sets in all.

What will we see on-screen ?

On each round you will see 3 pictures in a basic collage. The pics will be presented vertically, a top pic, a centre pic and a bottom pic.

Tell me more about the three pics ?

In the top pic you will see a pic of either a news story or a sports picture that connects to the year in question.

The centre pic will concentrate of music of the year and dance routines from the year.

The bottom pic will feature TV and Movies from the year in focus.

So what do we have to do ?

All the pics have a written question connected to them. Simply answer one of the questions on each round.

IMPORTANT. Players are not allowed to choose the same category on two consecutive rounds, you must go for another category. If you do go for the same category, you will not score points for that round

Points scoring

On each round, 2 points will be awarded to the 3 players who are fastest in correctly answering the three picture category's. A single point to any other correct answers.

Players can only answer one pic per round. A 3 point penalty will be imposed if players somehow answer twice.

Please do not edit or delete answers and i will ignore updated posts. I will also ignore any answers in which the same category gets answer consecutively.
As ever on these quizzes, the pic questions vary in difficulty, but id like to think most are easier rather harder. Hope to see you there.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Michael
Hello Ryan

I might not be able to make tonight's quiz. Fingers crossed that this doesn't turn out to be the case, though.

Whether I show up or not, I just wanted to say thank you for organising it!

Hope that you're enjoying your Sunday.

Cheers,

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Everything'sRosie
Sorry guys, I'm stuck on the motorway and I'm not going to make it

Hello everyone.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Michael
I’m here, for the time being at least...

I’ll be tuning in and out, but am looking forward to involving myself where I can 😊

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Hello all. Hope it's nearer the many than the few, but it's looking quiet.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Evening All. Hope everyone's well.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Gorgeous Daze
VAT

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

VAT

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Michael
Yellow brick road

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

B) Yellow Back Road.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

The Rubberband Man wrote
VAT
Arthur Daley's favourite tipple

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

9.00 - 001 - VAT (Value Added Tax). Back in 1973 it started at 10%, double that for its current rate !
9.00 - 002 - `Goodbye Yellow Brick Road`    by Elton John.
9.00 - 003 - Stavros.    His full title was Detective Demosthenes "Curly" Stavros, played by George Savalas.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Gorgeous Daze
Paper Roses

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

The Barbarians

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

cadbury's smash

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Michael
Smash

“For mash get Smash”

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 4th August - `Mystery year #7` Treble Chance.

Evening Folks. Looks as though I have given myself a handicap start tonight!