OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Its that time again (the first Sunday of the month) when we do the OFTDs quiz. After doing the 50s, 60s and 80's, i'll leave my favourite decade till last, 1970's. Treble chance will be back next month, but will concentrate on specific years instead rather than decades.

When does this take place ?

Sunday 6th January and it commences at 9pm and ends at 10pm. A fresh set of pics every 3 minutes, 21 sets in all.

What will we see on-screen ?

On each round you will see 3 pictures in a basic collage. The pics will be presented horizontally, a left-hand pic, a centre pic and a right hand pic.

Tell me more about the three pics ?

In the left-hand pic you will see a face of a famous male who sadly died in the decade that was the 1970's.

The centre pic will show an image of either a solo artist or a band who first scored a UK top ten hit during the decade that was the 1970's.

The right-hand pic will show the face of a famous British female who was born in the 1970's.

So what do we have to do ?

All players have to do is type the name of either the male, the solo artist/Band or the female. But its not that simple.

IMPORTANT. Players are not allowed to choose the same category on two consecutive rounds, you must go for another category.

Points scoring

On each round, 2 points will be awarded to the 3 players who are fastest in correctly answering the three picture category's. A single point to any other correct answers.

Players can only answer one pic per round. A 3 point penalty will be imposed if players somehow answer twice.

Please do not edit or delete answers and i will ignore updated posts. I will also ignore any answers in which the same category gets answer consecutively.
I will be leaving no written questions on this quiz, but on some of the centre pics ive left worded clues, like the country they came from.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

sueforever
I will be there Ryan, for some great fun.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Everything'sRosie
Me too

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

  My favourite decade too, Ryan. The 70s!!
  I hope I know a lot of males who pegged out in the cribbage game of life during the 70s, and lots of bands and artists at both ends of the decade.
  I might even know some females who were born then too!
  We shall see!
  Good Luck everybody! Except Nijinsky- who needs no wishes of Good Luck!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

CoffeeThing
I'll try harder to be there this month. I've missed the last two, sadly. I love the 1970s too.
This week, I are be mostly just being.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Caracalla
I'll do my best to be there too. Sounds good

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

      Another Monthly Quiz! Here is the latest, and complete, 2018 Formguide.

 Monthly Quiz Formguide- 2018.

AC/PD                                    1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd, 1st.
CoffeeThing                          4th, 2nd, 6th, 7th, 4th,
Everything’s Rosie                 2nd, 6th, 3rd, 5th, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 4th, 1st, 3rd, 7th, 5th.
Gorgeous Daze                     3rd, 3rd, 1st, 7th, 1st, 2nd, 1st, 5th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, 2nd.
Hanway2                               3rd, 2nd, 3rd.
Legsfan                                 1st, 2nd, 9th, 4th, 2nd.
Michael                                 9th.
Mikey                                   1st,
Old Grey Whistler                  5th, 2nd, 5th, 4th, 8th, 9th, 2nd, 9th, 2nd, 6th, 8th, 3rd.
PattiforPM                            3rd, 3rd, 4th, 6th, 6th, 7th,
Sueforever                            6th, 5th, 8th, 6th, 5th, 8th, 6th, 8th, 5th, 8th.
The Rubberband Man            4th, 7th, 8th, 7th, 7th, 4th, 8th, 5th, 4th, 5th.
Whos That Hurll                    6th, 6th, 3rd, 6th, 4th, 5th, 6th, 5th.

 For this latest contest, let Hanway2 mark your card.
Nap. The Nijinsky of the keyboard, the Joe Louis of the ring, the Pele of the pitch, the Gary Sobers of the crease, the Rod Laver of the court, the O’Sullivan of the table, the Phil ‘The Power’ Taylor of the oche- The one and only AC/PD.
One to note. The Roman Emperor- Caracalla. A very dark horse who I hear is catching pigeons in training. Much interest is found for his debut. Notebooks at the ready.
One to avoid. Hanway2. Likely to flatter to deceive yet again. Best wait till he runs in blinkers, has a wind op. or is gelded- or all three!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

The Rubberband Man
I'll be here at 9.00pm.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Caracalla
Me? A dark horse?
Pale donkey, more like!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Remember, this quiz will contain no written questions, like some of the previous quizzes, but on some of the centre pics ive left worded clues, like the country they came from or the year they first reached the top ten. The pics for this quiz will be ridiculously easy.

All future quizzes after this one will have questions which accompany the pictures.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Hanway2
  Everybody ready yet? Good Luck to all and may the best of members win!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Caracalla
Sorry Ryan i'm new to this. Do we answer in this thread and do we simply type in answers? How do we not see others answers?

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Caracalla wrote
Sorry Ryan i'm new to this. Do we answer in this thread and do we simply type in answers? How do we not see others answers?
Err, you've left it rather late to ask that. A good way of finding out would have been to look at the old quizzes. Im a bit tied up on last minute preps, so maybe some one else could help. Sorry.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Caracalla
yes sorry it only just occurred to me. i'll work it out

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Evening lads

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Yep just type in here Caracalla and you can look at other's answers if you want

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Caracalla
thanks!
ok Caracalla The Unprepared is now....
ready!

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Hello everyone.

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Don't worry friend, just think of this one as your practice session and you'll quickly get the hang of it

Re: OFTDs quiz - Sun 6th Jan - 1970's Treble Chance.

Evening all.