Quantcast

ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

This is to help people new to this forum find out where the information is stored.

WHO ARE WE?
The forum's welcome message from Ryan.

WHAT IS LEFT OF THE DANCERS WORK?
Until the end of 1977 the BBC would regularly wipe the Top Of The Pops tapes for reuse, sadly a great deal of Pan's People dances were lost because of this. Luckily many of these lost routines have been found in various places including on home video tapes. As there is value in the rarity a number of these recovered routines are not available for viewing.
Legs and Co fared better and all of their dances have survived, mostly at the BBC.
Top Of The Pops: Surviving Pan's People, Ruby Flipper and Legs and Co dances.
What survives away from TOTP: Pan's People, Ruby Flipper and Legs and Co.

If you know of a recording of dance that's not on these lists we would be very interested to here from you as it may be a lost routine.

WHAT DID THEY DANCE TO ON TOTP?
Vintage Video's Pan's People list: The best list of what Pan's People are known to have danced to (The BBC didn't keep an accurate record!).
Ryan's Ruby Flipper List:  A database of all the Ruby Flipper TOTP routines with pictures.
Suefan's Legs and Co List: A text database list all the L&C TOTP routines.
Legs and Co Pictorial list of TOTP Routines A pictorial history of the TOTP career of Legs and Co (1981 is still under construction).

WHAT ROUTINES CAN I SEE?
DM and YouTube Links: Ryan keeps an updated list to routines that are currently on DM and YouTube.
The One for the Dads front page (blog) quite often has exclusives that cannot be seen elsewhere.
OFTDs Dailymotion channel

ANY PICTURES?
OTFD Picture Section: Loads of pictures of the ladies.

DO THE DANCERS GET INVOLVED?
Dancers Q&As: Sue, Pauline, Lulu, Rosie, Anita and Mary have all kindly spent time answering our questions here.

HOW CAN I GET INVOLVED?
You can join in with the current discussions on the Forum front page or you could contribute to our review sections where you can rate and give opinions on the dances and pick your favorite dancer.
Legs and Co routines rated: (hosted by Ryan).
Pan's People routines rated: (hosted by Vintage Videos).
Ruby Flipper routines rated: (hosted by PattiForPM).

CAN YOU REMEMBER?
Pictures of Lost dances, do you know what they were dancing to?
If you have infomation or evidence about what Pan's People danced to on TOTP we'd be interested (check Vintage Video's list above for what we think they danced to).

WHAT ABOUT OTHER TV DANCE TROUPES
Information about ZOO, Hot Gossip and The Go Jos.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Gorgeous Daze
Good idea Doc. No newbie could fail to be impressed (and pleasantly overwhelmed!) with the wealth of stuff here to explore and hopefully get involved in.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

A really good idea Doc. Yes i will pin-it.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Great idea Doc.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Doc
Ryan, I've been watching the post counts for this. When it was pinned to the front page it got about 70 views in a day or so. Since it's been in this directory it's only picked up 5 views in about 5 days. It either needs to be on the front page or the directory needs a less stuffy sounding title. How about 'HELP USING THE FORUM AND HOW TO FIND THE BEST BITS!'

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Doc
Also it would help if it stuck to the top on the forum list so the newbies could see it straight away.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Andeebee
interesting idea, but on the Legs routines pics, several images have been updated on DM (including - Going in with My Eyes Open), and the first showing of I Feel Love hasn't got the repeat indicator beside it.....I feel left out on the video channel link part

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Doc
Andeebee wrote
 and the first showing of I Feel Love hasn't got the repeat indicator beside it.....
Yes it has, it says 21/07/77 (Repeated 04/08/77) (unless you are referring to Ryans list).

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Andeebee wrote
I feel left out on the video channel link part
The help page was supposed to be about what is on the forum and as Ryan's link pages on the forum all point to the channel and YMG has also placed the links at the top of the home page I felt that it was not being left out. But as you want a direct link I've added it.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Andeebee wrote
interesting idea, but on the Legs routines pics, several images have been updated on DM (including - Going in with My Eyes Open),
Are you referring to Ryans DM links pages?

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

VintageVideos
Hi Doc, it would be nice if you updated the first post with a link to the new Pan's People list. Thanks!

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Doc
I'll add it to my to do list along with checking the other links still work.

Re: ONE FOR THE DADS FORUM HELP - Where to find stuff!

Doc
Updated!