ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

Gorgeous Daze
The song goes 'Dance your way out of your constrictions', so I guess this might have unfolded along a 'Come On Dance, Dance' scenario. But instead they got half un-constricted before the off. The costumes aren't, on the surface, a natural choice; but there's something about the unrelenting rhythmic tempo that calls for regimentation. So here they are, khaki-clad on continuing operations to so entrance the nation's males they will still be transfixed 35 years hence. With minor variations in uniform to further distract their targets. We're treated to so much leg we have to readjust our focus a fair bit. But it's hardly detrimental. It's hot stuff all the way, in empathy with the unremitting heady vibe of the music. Bold in combat, with a particularly naughty bit o' bumping from Patti. (Yes, Vin's screen-cap). It's her and Sue who command the assault, with Patti just my DOTD.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

VintageVideos
Naughty? Well, now that you mention it...
You are a genie
And all I ask for is your smile
Each time I rub the lamp

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

Old Bill
You got it P4PM!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvNenEaukhw

Sadly this one has been made to walk the plank tho!
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

PattiforPM
I think I see ADB swimming after it with a lifesaver though OB so don't despair

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

Old Bill
hehe OFTD's very own Baywatch! ;-)
Jeremiah 31:13

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

Certainly a stimulating routine,and one that i had until now overlooked.
8/10
DotD:Patti

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

Old Grey Whistler
If Legs and Co were to wear these outfits on the battlefield it would certainly distract the enemy! One of their sexier costumes, and if I was judging purely on looks, they would be scoring very heavily.
However I do have a few issues with this production. The camera work is far too frenetic and makes for difficult viewing,  and the overlays don't improve things. The dancing is good as you would expect from these girls, but it is disappointing that we are restricted to just occasional glimpses of Rosie and Lulu. I don't much like the song either.
This could easily have been a classic, but sadly just misses the target and ends up in 'no mans land' with a score of 7.5 out of 10.
Sue wins the DOTD campaign medal.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

PaulF
8/10 as Rosie and Lulu are hidden at the back, but no matter how many times I look at this I only notice one dancer.

DOTD Sue.
Paul

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

PattiforPM
Hey PaulF, I know what you mean here but just let your eyes stray slightly to the right for a moment and you'll see something quite wonderful

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- January

Angie
I didn't realise that the girls danced to this.......one of my favourite soul/funk tunes!

Brilliant stuff....great routine & costumes.

10/10

DOTD: Sue

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

Who's That Hurll
I am afraid I'm not so keen on these manoeuvres as some of the squadron are.
The Khaki outfits do nothing for me, no matter how much leg is on show and as for the 'tune'  - let's just say, if I was forced to listen to that on repeat, then I'd be begging for the firing squad.
There's no doubting the girls funk it up to the max, with some jungle hot grinding movements and it's certainly a routine not to be forgotten, but a 7/10 is my plan and a medal will be award to Private G. Clark.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

What a fantastic routine we have here from our lovely ladies, very sexy and raunchy with some very naughty camera work too! The army shirts on top of the leotards with belts looks fantastic, and the puttees on their boots just sets the whole look off. Rosie and Lulu are pretty much hidden at the back, but Gill, Sue and Patti more than make up for that on the front line. These ladies can invade my territory anytime!

Rating 9/10

DOTD  Sue

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

Dancer
A good disco song that sounds even better on 12" single.  Really clever but not as good as Cool Meditation.  The girls themselves looked lovely in this routine and they give it their all.  I will award this one ten out of ten and the best dancer awarded to Patti as she moved and looked the best.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

Everything'sRosie
The first thing which occurs to me on watching this is, where on earth would you lay your hands on five khaki leotards at short notice? Surely not an item of apparel in common circulation, either then or now. Maybe they just dyed white ones. Anyway, this is saucy stuff for an early Thursday evening, and no doubt many a teenage lad cast his homework aside until he had cooled down a bit. I'm no prude, but heck, those pelvic thrusts must have sailed pretty close to the censorship benchmark.

As for the song, I was initially indifferent to it. However, repeated viewings of this naughty routine have caused it to be firmly entrenched in my psyche, and I'm now most definitely in the groove. Indeed, having no memory of the record whatsoever, both it and the routine have become indistinguishable. DotD Gill is super hot here, keeping her shirt nonchalantly unbuttoned and allowing it to flap around her body. A masterstroke. Rosie and Lulu get shifted to the second rank, but that vanguard of Sue, Patti and Gill would soon have had the enemy throwing down their weapons and declaring, to hell with differing ideologies, we're on their side!

Kid liked it, and so do I. 10/10

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

The Rubberband Man
It’s military style precision from these five bombshells who look so incredibly sexy in their army style khaki uniforms. Each has individually styled their army shirts, although all the girls have rolled up their sleeves…. defending their right to bare arms

It would be a real pleasure to be in their Company, and go on manoeuvres with these girls, especially when the dance track is to the fantastic Funkdelic.

I think this dance sequence is officially awesome, and it’s a 10/10 from me.

DOTD: Sue

Has Pauline been eating all the puddings?  It looks like she’s desserted.

Re: ONE NATION UNDER A GROOVE -- [January]

MADMAX
Legs,legs and more legs, ten beautiful sexy legs in fact. Certianly one of their more raunchy numbers. I'll bet this would have put a big smlle on the faces of the Dads of the day. Nice routine but would have liked for the girls to have rotated around more. Song not my cup of tea.
The girls make this one for me.   9  DOTD Going for the master dancer here "Sue"
12