OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

OSSIE'S DREAM   Dance/performance/appearance number 263 by Legs & Co
Performed by Tottenham cup final squad with Chas & Dave reaching number 5 in the UK charts
Original broadcast date  07/05/81  Duration of dance/performance 3.36 mins
Dancers--Gill, Lulu, Patti, Rosie, Sue.

Sue      242
Rosie    241
Patti     236
Gill        232
Lulu      232
Pauline  231

Well we find the five members of Legs & Co lumbered with a load of blokes, namely the Spurs football squad and other hanger on-ners connected to Spurs and those `go-to cockneys` for this kinda stuff Chas & Dave and their drummer mate. The song is one of those that sticks in your head all day, so id advise watching on mute.

I quite like the look of the three pronged strike force in Lulu, Patti & Sue and the goalkeeper Rosie isn't to bad either. But Gill in her red & yellow appears to be 3 years to early, as Watford didn't get to the cup final until 1984 (dry those tears Elton).

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

AC/PD
Thank goodness Pauline had already quit.
0/10
DOTD: none

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Doc
I wonder how Gill and Rosie got away without having to wear their vile strip!
Still living in 1979

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Colm
Do I detect Gooners in our presence?

Well, you could say this cancels out Pans' appearing with Arsenal on TOTP back in 1971...

I also spot a guy to Sue's right (wearing a Hawaiian shirt) who, along with Craig "Dan Sullivan in EastEnders" Fairbrass, has been seen on recent BBC Four shows as a "camera assistant", and who you'll be seeing a lot more in episodes to come as one of those pesky cheerleaders.

Perhaps Gill's red and yellow is in honour of Liverpool, given where she's from?

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Colm wrote
Perhaps Gill's red and yellow is in honour of Liverpool, given where she's from?
True, but she could also be an Evertonion.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

I think this is quite fun an I'm no Spurs fan believe me.  The front three play a blinder and the two minglers hold their own admirably too.  I still think Mr Hoddle is rather taken with Patti but she seems more distracted by little Ossie.  Oh I'm probably just dreaming but anyway the Legs ladies once again show their ability to make the mundane much more interesting

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Further considering Gill's neck of the woods I wondered whether her scarf is actually deep orange and yellow and that of Blackpool. But no, I think it's red.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

It could be Partick Thistle! Liverpool scarves are mostly red. Now we're off track!
Still living in 1979

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Who's That Hurll
There's also Melchester Rovers, who were very popular at this time.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Everything'sRosie
I've just had a look at this abomination, not the best quality, but just before Ossie's famous line Patti seemed to give one of the players an angry look. I wonder if it was a case of wandering hands.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Old Grey Whistler
More a sing-along than a dance and if you don't support Spurs it is unlikely to be viewed very often.
AC is just being tetchy because no one wrote a song about Liam Brady's dream!
I wonder if any of the girls were actually football supporters.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Gorgeous Daze
This sadly reminds me that only the last hurdle at Highbury prevented a possible John Wile's Pipe Dream with Zoo the next year.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Not much to say about this really, it's bad enough seeing the girls backing an artist even when their dancing, but this is just awful, but at least they seem to be enjoying themselves.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Old Grey Whistler wrote
AC is just being tetchy because no one wrote a song about Liam Brady's dream!
I'm sure I read somewhere that Liam's dream was to play for Man Utd (but I could be mistaken)

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Anita's Cheekbones wrote
Thank goodness Pauline had already quit.
LOL

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

There's really not much that I can say about this performance, it doesn't, for me, constitute a dance routine, it's just Legs & Co., at the front of the studio audience, acting as cheerleaders, interspersed with footage of a soccer game, thankfully it doesn't get any worse than this for our ladies!

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Yep i agree with all of that PBP, but it still constitutes an appearance by Legs & Co on TOTPs and so counts to the tally of performances.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

PattiforPM
I think the Broomstick is way worse.  Anyway Ossie's kind of cute in his own way

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Did we know that our ladies supported Tottenham Hotspur.

Re: OSSIE'S DREAM [May]

Mikey
Not bad for a footie song singalong effort. Having only 3 official shirts thing is a bit odd though.