Old messages

Re: Ruby Flipper

Awesome RF pics guys, great quality, thanks for these.

Re: Ruby Flipper

late night viewer
Impressive pictures of the early days of Ruby Flipper. Wouldn't it be entertainingly informative if Patti or Lulu were to provide some background detail on the photo session? They all appear to be in good spirits and look as though a long illustrious career in RF awaited them.

Re: Ruby Flipper

Floid Fan
Yes, LNV, it would be nice to have more details about this photoshoot. They all look happy and confident and seemed to have gelled together here. Little did they know when these snaps were being taken, that their great optimistic, exciting adventure as Ruby Flipper would last barely six months. I bet the guys in the group thought they'd be on TOTP for at least two or three years.
Dug5y thank you very much for posting these extra photos. I never knew they existed.  I wonder if RF posed for any other photocalls outside the TOTP environment? Perhaps not.
Carl

Re: Ruby Flipper

Dave
Great pics Dug5y...but what is it will old Phil there .....cant seem to put Sue down !! Brute !!??!!     Dave

Re: Ruby Flipper

Suefan
Can you blame him.

Re: Ruby Flipper

Dug5y-02

You can't really blame him, Dave!!  I'd have used the formal "Photo Shoot" as an excuse for a good grope as well!
Dug5y

Re: Ruby Flipper

Dave
Think she would be safer with you on your hot air baloon ride than on Phillips shoulders !    Dave

Re: Ruby Flipper

Suefan
I wouldn't be too sure of that Dave, remember what happened at the Oscars!

Re: Ruby Flipper

Floid Fan
Thanks for these Dug5y.These are all superb finds.
I think the second photo of the above batch of black and white photos is the most interesting, as it is from a DIFFERENT photoshoot and so is the first Ruby Flipper photo outside of the big batch that were taken in the shoot just before their debut.
It seems that this different photo was taken the following week, during rehearsals for Ruby Flipper's second week on the show for their 13th May appearance, as Floyd and Gavin are wearing their 'Love Hangover' white outfits, with Floyd's shark tooth necklace, while Phil is wearing the shirt, and Cherry is wearing the famous denim shorts  from the 'Soul City Walking' routine from the same edition (13th May). The rest of the girls seem to be in their casual clothes.
Carl

Re: Ruby Flipper

Dug5y-02
Carl,

I think you're most definitelty correct.  The second photo of the above batch is attributed to being taken on 13th May 1976 within the REX Agency files whereas the photos from the more common photoshoot are attributed to 6th May 1976.

Interestingly, the coloured and b&w photos often appear to be the same pose taken by two different photographers.
Dug5y

Re: Ruby Flipper

I'd like to have a closer look at Cherry's shorts to be absolutely sure they're the same ones

Re: Ruby Flipper

Kace
thanks mm n dug5y great pics
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: Ruby Flipper

Thanks for the pics Dug5y.  In the last b/w the boys and girls would appear to be looking at two different cameras, well all apart from one of the lads whose attention, not surprisingly, seems to be elsewhere!

Re: Ruby Flipper

johnlegsfan

wow hadnt see the colour ones, thanks matey!

rex are always finding more pics buried in their vast library.
in fact most of the agencies have undisplayed pics stashed
in their vaults so always worth chasing them up.

the bbc have more pics too, some of which were just sold on ebay,
mostly of pans from 1970, so worth trying them.
just tell them youre doing an exhibition or something when inquiring.

Re: Ruby Flipper

 A picture of a very special lady, sent to me by another very special lady.

Re: Ruby Flipper

PattiforPM
Thanks Ryan and very special lady for this priceless gem.  It quite takes my breath away
LNV

Re: Ruby Flipper

LNV
Intriguing picture Ryan of that dark haired lady of the sirens, Ms. Patti Hammond. I notice that the flower in her hair looks similar if not the same to the pattern on her dress in the above Ruby Flipper photos. (The same flower adorning her hair there also?) I wonder if this could be a Lily? Was it a favourite of Patti's?

Re: Ruby Flipper

Susie
Lovely Picture of Patti........she reminds me of that stunning actress who did all "The Road" musical /comedy films with Bing Crosby and Bob Hope back in the 50s......I think her name was Myrna Loy ? A real stunner of those Hollywood days when it was all natural.....not a boob job, facelift or any botox in sight !    Susie

Re: Ruby Flipper

Susie
     Just checked it out and in fact it was Dorothy Lamour who appeared with Crosby and Hope in the "On the Road" films not Myrna Loy .  What  a stunning lady.               Susie.

Rosie's corner

Just a little place to appreciate the wonderful Rosie,my second favourite Legs & Co dancer after the lovely Lulu.She was a great dancer.I love Rosie in Supernature,Rise and I Feel Love.