Old messages

Re: Rosie's corner

Nice thought SuPaLu, Rosie was and is a much under discussed member of Legs & Co. You may want to check out an older thread of ours on page 5 called  "ROSIE- the fight back ?", in which we tried early on to find out the reasons why. I like the way you mention `Supernature`, thats my favourite routine of Rosie, the cave woman look suited her somehow, no offence LNV !

Re: Rosie's corner

Sweet English chicks fan
 Hi SUPALU,
               Gosh, your title sounds a little like a slogan for a. . . .  Yes, for me, Rosemary is and was a born performer
 who could dance,act out a part, and be ,when allowed, a natural comic.  In these routines she sports a tall and graceful
figure with the narrow hips of a born dancer. Her facial expressions are to be seen in their full effect in the routine
 Stars on 45, Starsound.  In my view, if she had been born earlier, she would have found her way into the great
mid 20th century musicals made by the great studios, if you like, a sort of English Doris Day, able to sing ,dance
break the leading mans heart, and ride away on his horse, there, does that do her justice? Oh, and her hair, except
when it's frizzed, the sight of it looking long and silky with waves at the end ,just leaves me in rapture, so fine.
One of the few areas she cannot compare is with Patti who is blessed with a latin flair for emotion, shown in her face,
eyes, and expressive dance, or Sue for technique, or Gill for voluptuous extravegant glamour.
     But none of this matters, because the girls skills and talents all coplimented each other, and together, for me,
made a perfect whole.

Re: Rosie's corner

re:Rosie-the fight back.Wish i'd seen that thread before.Interesting to say the least.

Re: Rosie's corner

PattiforPM
I've been watching for some Rosie performances recently as a result of this Thread and I must say she seems great when partnered with Sue such as in "Blame it on the Boogie" and some fine moments in "Hold on Tight"
LNV

Re: Rosie's corner

LNV
I suppose this is the corner of the forum where I should always be sat. Why have I chosen Rosie above all the other dancers? To me Rosie has one virtue above all the rest: Nobility of character. Sexy, that is quite apparent but that goes for the rest of Legs & Co too, of course Rosie has other attributes also; charming well Lulu probably tops that one though, good sense of humour, ditto Sue for that. Rosie’s defining trait is a certain reserved politeness of character. Something in my psychological make up prefers that in women which is an over riding characteristic of Rosie's personality as expressed in her dance routines.
     I whole heartedly agree that Rosie is highly noticeably in the 'Say When' dance number even though Patti is center stage through out it, but what a figure Rosie has to behold! I think Lulu is just too damn sexy in 'Heart of Glass' to give that one to Rosie, how I waver sometimes over those two in placing them in first place in my favorites list. But Rosie just takes the lead through her fine sense of decorum but only by the merest whisker sometimes mind you!

Re: Rosie's corner

Here are screencaps of some of Rosie's best moments

Lulu screen caps

A tribute page for my favourite Legs & Co dancer.

Re: Rosie's corner

Sweet English chicks fan
Hi SuPaLU
                The best one you choose for me, was the one from " Kiss you all over ". You may like to consider her
unforced radiant smile from " My turn ", her stunning girlish femininity in " Getting ready for love ", or her showgirls
VERY sexy grin and sly wink in " Hot stuff " . Rosie, in common with many people, my self included, finds it impossible
to smile " to order ". This difficulty  can be seen in that GORGEOUS routine " Dancing in the city ", and " Once twice
three times a lady ". HOWEVER, when something triggers her giggle button, her smile, like Pattie's, lights up the room.
     I have said before elsewhere that this beautiful girl, and now beautiful woman, is SO full of Bang Snap Pop Crackle
Wizz,Sparkle and glitter, she is her OWN walking one girl firework display, and of course, this only adds to her appeal.
     The wonderful thing about this site is ,we all can see something different in the same girl, and this means, that
nothing is missed and everything is appreciated, what do you think,
                                                Kind regards
                                                                Rosie fan, SEcf.

Re: lulu screncaps

Sweet English chicks fan
Hi again SuPaLu,  LOVE the first two, wonderful shots of her, she is SO pretty, i can see now why she is your fave.

Re: Rosie's corner

Yes,we can all see different things.Even though i've got favourites i can appreciate different dancers in certain songs.Sue i think is really good in Silver Lady,Patti in You Should Be Dancing,and Pauline in Green Onions and Them Heavy People.The group as a whole brought fun,fine dancing and beauty to TOTPs.I'm glad we have these forums to show appreciation,and pay the ladies compliments for what they achieved.

Re: lulu screncaps

Yes these are great shots SuPaLu.  Lulu has that innocent sparkle in truckloads but still managed to turn up the thermostat when needed. Remarkable

Re: lulu screncaps

Doubleday
That avatar is one of the nicest pictures of any of the girls I've seen ... the frizzy look later on was not so good. One has to remember though that perms were everywhere in the 1970s, as witness K Keegan and others; and indeed at one time they threatened to take over the entire planet !!!

Re: lulu screncaps

Yes,well...but it's not the hair that counts,it's the person underneath it that counts.

Re: lulu screncaps

Lulu in Shake Your Booty.I think this is the routine that got me hooked on Lulu.Those cheeky looks to camera,her enthusiasm,smile and the singing-just magic.

Re: lulu screncaps

''Sunny one so fine,i love you''.

Re: Rosie's corner

I like Uptown Top Ranking but haven't a clue what it means.

Re: lulu screncaps

Lulu in After The Love Is Gone.

Re: lulu screncaps

Another Lulu picture,this time in Chiquitita.

Re: lulu screncaps

LuLuFan
Loving the pics :)

Re: lulu screncaps

Thanks.I like to have pictorial tributes to my favourite dancers.