One Last Time

Here is a new idea that I had for a thread. Imagine ALL dance routines were about to vanish forever and you could only pick 2 Legs, 2 Pan's and 2 Ruby routines to watch only one last time before they disappeared forever, which ones would you pick. Please feel free to explain your choice!
If you are unclear about anything please feel free to ask!

Re: The Vanishing Routines

PattiForPM
My first reaction; Losing Dances .........NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

After a Prozac and some Cognitive Behavioural Therapy I started thinking about this and the tack I have decided to take (hoping this is acceptable to our Threadmaster) is to nominate my present favourite Dance by each Troupe for the first choice then a Dance with special value for my second choice as this would have particular power to wound if lost again.  Am I making sense?  Possibly not but here goes;

Pans;   1. Love's Theme - a total classic with wow factor set to max

           2. Down Down - after over 35 years of fantasizing about this it appeared in all its glory.  Please don't leave me again

Ruby;   1. Shake Your Booty -  whole Troupe on fire and a really great dance

           2. Heart on My Sleeve - wonderful smooth surprise-unwipe beats out all the rest

Legs:   1. Sunday Girl - Perfection in little black dresses.  If I ever lose this I'm done

           2. One Nation Under a Groove - sexy soldiers in the first non-UK Gold/Eins Dance I managed to obtain so more precious than diamonds

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Everything'sRosie
This is very tricky. Some serious saving to memory techniques would have to be employed if (and what a dreadful thought) I was never going to see any of these again.

Legs: Tragedy. So full of incident, fun and great dancing. There's also the added bonus of trying to work out who is who.
         Ai No Corrida: It's one I keep coming back to. Tasteful erotica. Oh, those costumes...

Ruby: Love Hangover: So much going on, and I like the way it builds from the slow start.
          Tubular Bells: Outside in the parched Blue Peter Garden gives this novelty value. Not great, but it brings back memories.

Pan's: Make It With You: Superb moves. Superb song. Just allow yourself to sink into the experience.
         Theme From Mahogany: A beautiful routine...and what a start with the ethereal Mary walking towards the camera.

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Mikey
Everything'sRosie wrote
Pan's: Make It With You: Superb moves. Superb song. Just allow yourself to sink into the experience.
         Theme From Mahogany: A beautiful routine...and what a start with the ethereal Mary walking towards the camera.
I would have picked those 2

Re: The Vanishing Routines

VintageVideos
I wonder what our thread starter would have picked?
I lay on the lilo till I'm lobster red

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Yep, i have to say when i open threads of this nature id be first on the ball with my choices, lead by example one may say . As for my choices in this, well im off work tomorrow so i will do it then.

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Legsfan
I wanted to keep to my deadline of Wednesday so I posted it when I had 5 spare minutes, but I'm just so busy at the moment. I will post mine tomorrow afternoon
Thanks all who have taken part

Re: The Vanishing Routines

After a quick rethink on the Pans ones, here goes

Pans

Green River - super sexy 'rehearsal' performance, skimpy white cossies, silver boots, psychedelic backgrounds, fab and i really wanted to include Flick in one of my choices.

Barbados - just love it, the snow, fur coats, playful high kicking fun and those 'whoa' moments, whoa indeed.

Ruby Flipper

Shake Your Booty - a terrifically entertaining performance and an under played tune, Lulus cute looks to camera ices the cake

Best Disco In Town - Cherrys last performance is a pretty joyous one and some nice camera zooming out work

Legs and Co

Supernature - great intro with the nerdy scientists and it gets better from there with the amazonians in jungle dancing, some great 'looks to camera moments' throughout, brilliant.

Bermuda Triangle - definitely a silly record but watching this just makes me happy, and thats what counts

Re: The Vanishing Routines

What a hellish thought our much loved routines vapourising into the ethos. Happily that nightmare scenario can never come true (can it ?).
I'm basing my selections on the six routines i watch the most, in other words the six that give me the most visual enjoyment, which basically is what its all about.
Legs & Co.
The action packed and atmospheric `Off The Wall`from 1979 is the one i watch most. Id be most upset if that disappeared.

Maid In Heaven. Early days in Legs tenure, but i place it very highly. Great costumes, energetic dancing, decent song, six girls putting in a super shift.
Pans People
When Will I See You Again. Sure its no masterpiece of choreography, but to me the song and routine captures that time so well. Still my favourite Pans routine, maybe more for sentimentality reasons than anything else.

You Sexy Sugar Plum. Again i describe this as action packed with lots to see. The execution of the choreography in this is spot on and i watch this probably more than any other Pans routine.
Ruby Flipper
Shake Shake Shake (Shake Your Booty) Again its one i watch the most. I like the large dancing area (rare that Legs in later years were afforded such a luxury) and i do find it difficult to take my eyes of uber-cute Lulu.

Can’t Help Falling In Love. Yeah quite a surprising choice, but i watch it often and it would be sad to somehow lose this to Room 101 or wherever routines go to die. The perfect introduction to the new dance troupe.

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Mikey
Shake Your Booty is proving popular

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Dancer
This is a really difficult one to do as each of the three troupes performed some excellent dances:-

Pans People

Love Theme, Love Unlimited Orchestra - Easy to exercise to and one of their most beautiful routines.
Feel Like Makin Love - Bad Company - A raunchy dance.  Love the headbanging.

Ruby Flipper

Young Hearts Run Free - A beautiful interpreted dance with comedy added.  The best part is where Cherry and Gavin are coupled together;

Shake Your Booty - Again a beautifully interpreted dance and the outfits were gorgeous.

Legs & Co

Supernature - Absolutely stunning performance and one that beats Hot Gossip big time.  Loved the whole routine especially in the jungle.

Just Can't Give it Up - Mystic Merlin - Beautiful song which should have gone higher in the charts.  Loved the girls dressed as cats and the routine was so well interpreted.

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Okay I have finally thought of my routines that I would watch one last time before they vanish forever. If the routines did vanish I don't know what I would do. Maybe write down my memories of the routines, but it wouldn't be the same
Legs & Co.
Some Girls V2 - Well this one is sort of cheating because it is a compilation of Legs routines from 1979, but it would be a chance to refresh my memory one last time on 1979.
Night Fever - This is the first Legs routine that really made me speechless! It's just so elegant and sexy I wan't my breath taken away one last time!
Pan's People
My Sweet Lord - This is the first ever Pan's people routine I ever watched when I saw it in a suggestion video after watching a Legs and co routine. I wan't my first Pans routine to be my last!
You're the First, the Last, My Everything V2 - This would be the last ever TOTP dancer routine I would watch because the dresses are almost like a glamour funeral for the vanishing routines and I have always felt this song would be suitable for an era ending.
Ruby Flipper
Love Hangover - I personally think this is the best Ruby Flipper routine as it's like several routines that all join together. I feel the best Flipper should also be the last.
Play That Funky Music- The end of Ruby Flipper and the end of the routines. I especially like the girls in this one which would be a sight to last me a lifetime.
Farewell Legs Ruby People.

Re: The Vanishing Routines

PattiForPM
Interesting choices LF and creative of you to choose the compilation Some Girls.  I think as far as the three Comments Thread Hosts are concerned, you've chosen a couple of top Ruby Favourites of mine,  pretty good (ok real belter in Nightie Fever) for Ryan and a couple of Vin's non-favourites for Pans

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Legsfan
Thanks P4PM  I thought your choices were very good especially Sunday Girl and Love's Theme.

Re: The Vanishing Routines

Legsfan
Thanks all who participated in the vanishing routines thread I thought it was fun and your choices were really good and interesting, but I think it flopped a little. Thanks to everyone who took part

Re: The Vanishing Routines

PattiForPM
Well I had fun with it LF, thanks