One step forward and one step back, and…

One step forward and one step back, and…

late night mxyztplk
OFTD forum has progressed in a stop start manner since its inception. There have been personality clashes with cutting remarks flung at each other and unfortunately some of the dancers were caught in the verbal cross-fire. But there have also been moments of fun filled light-heartedness. There are certainly enough over opinionated big mouths on here, not mentioning anyone in particular Ryan…including myself, to ensure that there will always be enough posts to keep the Blog rolling along.

I was going to suggest that what is needed are a set of ground rules as The Missing Episodes Forum have for new members, but apart from new posters requiring a brief outline of what to expect on here and what is expected from them; they are not really necessary.

What is necessary is having the right attitude: Even though I can hardly bring myself to type the words, Patti4PM has provided an example for us all to follow by responding in a balanced and thoughtful manner to even the most outspoken posts. For sure no one likes a too pleased with himself know it all smart-ass, but his bed side approach has proven to help maintain a feel good mood on the forum.

Mishmash if you would please take the time to stop tripping over your bottom lip with what is becoming a habit forming sulkiness and see that your contribution, especially the fine pictures you have sent, have indeed been acknowledged and appreciated. Then your valued criticisms or rather the objective analysis that you provide; because the points you make are spot on. (Which is what this and other posts are in response to. So how can you say that no one is taking notice of you?) Will be welcomed in future posts.

If proof is needed that this place has evolved from its tribal Neanderthal battles of the past, then the ongoing positive contribution from Hadeel is there for all to see. It is worth remembering that Hadeel is THE original contributor to the website and her continued friendly presence should be seen as a vote of confidence in what has been accomplished and hopefully yet to be achieved, that is if we all really want to reach greater heights.

Re: One step forward and one step back, and…

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Well said, Mr Mx.

I frankly don't have the time to draught a set of ground rules, but if you or anyone else want to propose a set of rules, and evryone can agree them, I'd be happy to adopt them as official.

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: One step forward and one step back, and…

Late night man, that was a fine post by you, and at last one we all could understand and relate to. Yes ive must agree Pattiforpm is a well balanced guy, he is always calls it down the middle, and has become a true stalwert to this forum.

    The lovely Hadeel does have a calming nature, something i wish i possessed. It is true shes been around before any of us and i respect her for that. Infact i happy to call both these individuals my friend, hey Late Night Man, even though weve had the odd rumble i hope we are friends too.

  YMG, i did take the time to write to you via email regarding the welcome thread you asked me to think about, last Saturday afternoon, alas ive had no reply of you, how dissappointing, please can you search your inbox and tell me if you want me to procede ?

Re: One step forward and one step back, and…

Kace
hi gud lookin welcome bac mr m x
ABLE WAS I ERE I SAW ELBA

XxXx

Re: One step forward and one step back, and…

I think I should be thanking you LNM/Ryan although I had to giggle at the "too pleased with himself know it all smart ass" bit so I'm not going to say more for fear of entering that territory

Re: One step forward and one step back, and…

JEZ
yes thanks LNM ,That was a fine post ,and one i could understand ,so that definitley is a compliment from me mate

Re: One step forward and one step back, and…

Young Mister Grace
Sorry Ryan: i haven't received your email. Please send it again.

YMG
You've all done vey well!