Over-dub heaven or hell !

I thought we might post some of those YouTube over-dubbed things on here, you know where our gals are dancing to music thats been changed from the original. Some of these are indeed very well made and some are naff beyond belief.

Probably best not to read the comments some of the uneducated boneheads have made that accompany the clips. In the clip im choosing here they have used the music to `Apache` instead of Bazza Blue's `Do You Wanna Dance`. Now i think this suits pretty well, what do you lot think ? Startling to think its had over 211,000 plays.

I hope others will post some over-dub clips, good or bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA7zbM4isLU

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

VintageVideos
Well to be honest, after nearly a minute of watching this, it was either press stop or mute for me. This clip may be of interest for people who don't know the original and enjoy to see the dancers, but I think it's just ghastly as the music and the steps are almost constantly out of sync (even if it is much better than some of the other horrible stuff I've seen).

Verdict:

Vin

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Any you would like to offer the thread then Vin ?

Here is a pretty poor effort. Pans People dancing to the theme from Man In A Suitcase (originally they were dancing to `Johnny B.Goode`.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUcNxxcW7Z4

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Young Mister Grace
Mister SwellMusik has used his own humdrum music here. But annoyingly, his copy of "hooked on classics" is much better quality than mine.

http://youtu.be/INjxAsyAF0c

YMG
You've all done vey well!

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Who's That Hurll
If people want to get creative and try something different, then that's up to them. But I do think they should state clearly what the original music Pan's danced to was, in order not to mislead people.
WTH

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

PattiForPM
I know we've discussed this over-dub issue before and sometimes it's been contentious on our website and PP.com too but I maintain that these can be done in a creative way by folk who really do like the Dance Troupes' work and do not want to detract from the originals (as long as Mr Hurll's prime directive is followed).  This said, here's one I do like;

                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GL18srSMVM

     The original is the Bee Gees'  Love You Inside Out of course (not Staying Alive as stated)

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

PattiForPM
I think the first one is fun too HTF and by the way it's not Hills Angels but Love Machine, another of the Benny-sponsored dance troupes

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

sneakyuploader
Many thanks, i made that one for my friend Dog House Dave, to accompany his brilliant guitar work, i agree with your sentiments concerning overdubs, i have recently perfected a way of making the dancers fit other songs . Rather than trust to luck on synchronization, i beat map each routine, and then replace the music. This is more difficult than it sounds, as BPM has to be taken into account along with broadcasting old original top of the pops bbc tapes , that can often hide variations in speed (not audible to the ear on many occasions) . Also many edits were made in the original songs to fit slots in the show which do not live up today`s digital standards. All in all quite a task , but also good fun. As always I steer people to the original dance. I really enjoy this site and always tune in , many thanks once more to all the great work done here

SwellMusik (sNEaKY)

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Everything'sRosie
Hi Sneakyuploader, I think your over-dub of the Hooked-On Classics routine with You've Got To Fight For Your Right To Party is superb. Threw me first time I saw it. I mean, how can Legs and Co be dancing to The Beastie Boys! Great the way you've made it fit. I'll whisper it quietly around here, but I think I prefer it to the original.

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Mikey
I like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFu9WwBuun4

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

Legsfan
This is one of those dubbed routines that when I first started looking for Legs & Co online, I thought they actually danced to this. It is quite convincing with the way the audio is done, makes it sound like it is from an old TOTP recording.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-VESxJviw8

Re: Over-dub heaven or hell !

I agree LGFN, to any untrained eye that one is very convincing. Just reading the uploaders comments on that and he makes a bit of a potted history of the dancers, naming 4 dance troupes in his intro comments. He seems to know the basics, though maybe the fellow simply hit Wikipedia to find out about them. I dont mind so much these folk using clips with new music, but doing that would obviously confuse newer fans of the routines. At least our mate Sneaky informs viewers of the original music on his offerings. Then again, maybe if they have the nouce, they would find there way onto here and begin the education process.