Quantcast

PICTURES OF LOST AND UNIDENTIFIED ROUTINES (INDEX 1 to 30)

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Doc
The picture is listed in Pan's People our story as being 11 March 1971 and dancing to Another Day. As that was produced with the help of Pan's People it is hoped that the information is correct, although there are known errors in some of the captions in the book. A picture of You're the First, My Last, My Everything is captioned as being from a Christmas special, whilst they did dance to the song on the 25th December show, the picture is actually from the 5th December show. There is also another one claiming to be backing Marc Bolan in 1970 when the set is clearly from 6 months or so before he became famous. Also unfortunately the database that the BBC kept rarely showed what Pan's People danced to, usually listing it as 'disc' and has been shown to be riddled with errors when compared to the surviving shows. So you may well be right that the song is not correct, however the picture is, quite unusually for the time, fully dated. So we're pretty confident that part is correct.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Mikey
Thats strange i was looking at this one only the other day, as far as i can tell there are some anomalies with it being 11/3/71, these are:

1. The frame next to Dee Dee (much clearer in the book) is only used from Sept to Dec 1971, around March is the Hexagons set
2. Ruth is not shown in the photo, but is present in the Hot Love v1 performance with the band on the same day
3. Ruth is absent from 2 other performances in Sept, namely picture 9 in the ID parade and also Tweedle Dee Tweedle Dum (or whatever its called) which we do have a brief clip of.

The getty date is the standard 1st Jan 1970 so of no use really. Anyway my view is that the date of the pic is doubtful.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

I thought I'd seen it on the Getty site with the full date, not that I would totally trust it.

Edit: I think it might have been Mother and Child Reunion that I saw a complete date for.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Doc
I have to agree about the frame, it appears to be the same one that's in picture 9 and that's probably from Sept/Oct 71.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

I can add a little extra info on that picture. Back in March 2012 (that's before the book was published), the former admin of PP.com, Panfan, asked Dee Dee about that picture and she replied (and I quote), "the Song is "Another Day" Paul McCartney & Wings". So basically, that's where this entry in our list originated from. The date 11/03/71 was an educated guess though, as the BBC database did not list this Pan's People performance at all (like many others).

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Doc
Another slight complication is that one of the pictures is back to front! (I think the colour one is the wrong way round).

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Doc
Possible evidence for it, watching Hot Love (I think I got the correct one) Louise, Dee Dee, Andrea and Ruth! all appear to have their hair up in buns.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

AC/PD
It's possible that both the routine remembered by EggandChips is separate from the lost Another Day one but with both containing similar costumes and perhaps both with the identical winning move of hat removal/hair shake. Hence, the dance he remembers is depicted in the PP book but misidentified as Another Day due to costume similarities/distant memories.
Good work by the set detectives.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Eggandchips
You guys certainly know your stuff. It's like CSI Pan's People. Having looked through the database I am getting a strong vibe for Walk on the Wild Side but again am happy to be corrected by people with better memories or more info.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Doc wrote
Another slight complication is that one of the pictures is back to front! (I think the colour one is the wrong way round).
Yes, i think i mentioned this before. If you look at the position of the frame in the Carpenters photo it appears on the right, the b&w one from the book looks correct (excuse the dodgy camera shot).

I still think the absence of Ruth is significant to the photo date.

Vin if Dee Dee thought it was Another Day, then that definitely means a routine for that song was done at some point (no reason that the date we have is not correct) but she may have mistakenly thought that photo was it, is that a fair assumption?

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Walk on the wild side has been mentioned a few times, i think its in the 'maybe' pile, we certainly don't have any pictures of it

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

VintageVideos
A few quick notes:

This picture is definitely not from Walk On The Wild Side, as Flick quit dancing early in 1972.

Regarding the absence of Ruth, this is what member "pp4ever" said about it on PP.com on 12/6/2012:

"Ruth was in this number, as something like a wild native girl, whereas the others were being 'prim and proper'. That would fit with mojo's observation of them in high heels, in that the five of them pictured may have remained relatively still compared with the 'wild girl' dancing round them."

So it's quite probable that Ruth was not absent, but rather just not visible on this shot.

Re: PICTURES Don't Comment here yet!

Doc
Several of the girls having their hair tied up in the T Red routine is unusual. I'm sure they would be encouraged to have their hair down under normal circumstances. Ruth having hers up seems to go against the wild girl look unless that was the easiest way to sort out wild hair from the other routine. As for the stage decoration it is quite possible that it was on another stage at that time and no pictures were taken of it.