PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

AC/PD
Great to see Gill's evident elegance brought firmly to the fore in this particular routine with a dederved spot as lead dancer. She excels at waspish, dreamlike expressions although, come to think of it, Sue's pretty goot at them too. Then there's Patti, Lulu...
Gill's certainly the right choice in a routine where music and dance meld magnificently with Gill's head-roll in time to the line '...blessed to be loved...' a very nice moment indeed.
The only instances where I feel Gill shows imperfections are her slow spins on one leg with the raised one struggling against the pull of gravity, desperate for a footing back on Terra Firma.
The lighting looks literally cool, with the breezy atmosphere enhanced by the gently swaying arm brances of the Legs tree.
A very pleasant song too with much more emotion than the 1992 KWS No.1 cover.
9/10
DOTD: Gill
Stu

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Stu
A great song beautifully danced to.

8.5/10

DOTD  Gill

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Mikey
Simple but effective, the reeds in the breeze flowing motions complimented by some excellent outfits and blue hazy lighting make for a rare relaxing routine. Not entirely a solo of course but Gill puts on a great show anyway, an easy DOTD choice if ever there was one.

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Doc
Please Don't Go is a song that has grown on me over the decades, I doubt that I would have liked it at all in 1980 and the first time I really became aware of it was when KWS covered it and took it to No.1 in the 1990s. Now in hindsight I think Harry's version is far superior. The dance, as Ryan says has nothing spectactular, but it's just right for the song and it's a lovely combination 9/10.
Dotd: There can only be one, Gill!
Good to see Lloyd back!

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

A beautiful song performed beautifully by the girls and Gill looks absolutely beautiful too! There wasn't much more that Flick could have done with a slow number like this, but the whole routine works really well, especially with Gill's almost solo performance and her glamour and grace.

Rating 8/10

DOTD Gill

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

KC & The Sunshine Band are a lucky bunch - every time Pans People, Ruby Flipper or Legs & Co. or dance to one of their songs, the record is elevated in status. The slow "Please Don't Go" is no exception.

Gill is DOTD for the solo
8/10 for the routine

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Old Bill
I think this is the only time that Legs have reminded me of seaweed.
Long supple fronds of lush kelp, wafting gently in the warm drifting currents of a shallow azure tropical sea, with strange unnecessarily elaborate markings on the sea bed.

Very relaxing. No silliness here. All very serious. Lulu is clearly very sad indeed that I'm about to go.

KC is right to heap praise up on them.

7.5/10 and Gill for DotD.

Jeremiah 31:13

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

PattiforPM
Old Bill wrote
Long supple fronds of lush kelp
OMG I wasn't much of a seafood fan previously but I'm fast reconsidering so thanks for that OB

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Old Bill
Bon appetit P4PM!

Jeremiah 31:13

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

WOW! Gill steals this routine with her beautiful looks and her great dancing, but unfortunately I over looked this one in the BBC Four repeats, so only recently did I get to see this stunning performance and I am glad I did!
Rating: 10/10
DOTD: Gill

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

Lookmacinanger
It’s very atmospheric in the ice blue surroundings, Gill dominates proceedings having being assigned her solo segments; her colleagues are there close at hand, lending chorus line support, the outfits complete a great look to track that deserved to be a trans-Atlantic No.1. 9/10

Re: PLEASE DON'T GO [January]

MADMAX
Nice to see Gill up front, seeing what she could do, and it was beautiful!  very nicely done. nice backup from the other girls My score   9.5    DOTD   in this, who else,  "GILL"
12