POEMS FOR SUE MENHENICK

Caracalla
These are a few of my poetical pieces culled from my magnum opus "Poems About People I Like on the Telly"   ( vol 9, The Seventies )

1. Spirit Cries

Oh Sue, Sue, Sue, Sue
I simply love the dance you do
it makes me literally shout "yahoo!"
and do a sort of  jig.

2.  A  Drift of Stars

Oh Suzie, Suzie, Sue Menhenick
don't want this poem to be a polemic
but change your sex, (and name to Derek)
and I'd still fancy you

3.  Cornubian Elegy

I always watch when they've  Sue Menhenick on
or the other cornish  Sue, Penhaligon
once, in the lost gardens of Heligan
I thought I might bump into one of 'em
but I didnt.

Re: POEMS FOR SUE MENHENICK

Who's That Hurll
I'm sure Sue will be delighted at these odes to her talent - especially the one pertinent to her Cornish roots. How long have you had these in storage?

Re: POEMS FOR SUE MENHENICK

Caracalla
I just made them up about 10 minutes before i posted them.
(chorus of voices " yes, it shows." )
They're supposed to be humourous but affectionate. A sort of pale immitation of John Hegley, who I'm a fan of.
Luckily for you all I've thought up more and when everyone cries out for more of my work I'll post them too!

Re: POEMS FOR SUE MENHENICK

AC/PD
With the context explained Caracalla, I like your style.