PVL TOTPs found.

Doc
6 PVL TOTPs that were believed to have been thrown away when Ken died have been found by Kaleidoscope. They are:
2/12/76
16/12/76
10/2/77
3/3/77
4/8/77
8/9/77

As per his usual style he only selectively recorded the episodes but they can create a complete version of 8/9/77 as the bits he missed out survive elsewhere. It is hoped to get better copies off the tapes than the original PVL ones.
This probably means the announcement that David Hamilton’s missing TOTP had been found was not correct (it was only one missing from the BBC archive).

(Ex OFTD member Andeebee is assisting them as a Legs and Co expert).
Still living in 1979

Re: PVL TOTPs found.

Everything'sRosie
Terrific news. Hopefully get some improved copies of L&C routines. Wasn't the 10/2/77 show the one with Boogie Nights?

And 3/3/77 was the one with Sound & Vision. Very exciting.

Re: PVL TOTPs found.

Doc wrote
This probably means the announcement that David Hamilton’s missing TOTP had been found was not correct (it was only one missing from the BBC archive).
For fans of Ruby Flipper, this goes down as hugely disappointing news .

Re: PVL TOTPs found.

JEZ
Would loved to it have been the 1st July 76 edition , because that is the only edition that none of us are 100 percent sure ,of ruby flippers dances ,the most accurate info we gathered ,was from a newspaper that gave details of what was featured on last night's show of that date ,but as I recall we had someone who posted a few times on here , that he definitely remembered ruby flipper doing leader of the pack ,but I'm pretty sure that Alex Mitch backed up the newspaper review ,and Alex was excellent at giving info on lost pp routines.

Re: PVL TOTPs found.

Dancer
I read this on my facebook this morning but had to dash out to work.  It is good news.  I remember some of them televised and the lost I Feel Love and that was a repeat performance of the original routine but somehow they shown pictures of Donna on the big screen.  I presume people wanted to know what she looked like given that the song was No.1 for a while.  Clever of them to do that.

Yes shame about the Ruby Flippers.  Always wanted to know what they danced to in July.

Re: PVL TOTPs found.

Everything'sRosie
Although these are not complete editions, as some chart rundowns and other performances are missing. However, it seems Ken (PVL) was a L&C fan and the dance routines appear to be complete. So we now have Oxygene in full. Excellent.

Re: PVL TOTPs found.

There's probably only a few seconds missing off the one that YMG has on the blog. The people who digitised the routines first time round didn't do the best job, so that might be better if the tapes have not deteriorated too much. Also much of the missing footage is of promo videos that still exist elsewhere. Some of the episodes have complete audio recordings as well.
Still living in 1979