Pan's DVD

Caracalla
Has anyone seen the Pan's People - Gotta Dance  DVD from spj dvds?
Is it worth buying?

Re: Pan's DVD

VintageVideos
To be honest, I didn't even know of its existence... It seems to consist of easily accessible routines only, nothing even remotely rare on it. The big question mark is always the quality of the footage. It may be a good start if you haven't got an own collection at all. Otherwise there's really no reason to buy it.

Re: Pan's DVD

Caracalla
Yes you're right, there are no rare routines on it its just i'm a bit old fashioned and i like to have something physical like a disk incase something goes wrong with the laptop. I thought if the quality was good i might get one.

Re: Pan's DVD

Hanway2
 I wonder what source they used for the routines. Could it have been cobbled together from footage on YouTube, or did the production team have better quality clips to work from.
But possibly a nice little package to have and watch whenever the fancy takes you.

Re: Pan's DVD

Doc
Hanway2 wrote
I wonder what source they used for the routines. Could it have been cobbled together from footage on YouTube, or did the production team have better quality clips to work from.
These sort of DVD's are created by downloading material from the internet including YMG's blog, they don't pay any royalties for their use so there's no way they would have access to the original recordings. You'd be better off getting a decent You Tube downloader.
Sadly there's no chance of a legitimate Pan's DVD appearing as getting the rights to show all of the different songs would be a nightmare for something that would be a break even project at best.
Still living in 1979

Re: Pan's DVD

Caracalla
Think I'll leave that one then. Thanks for the feedback.