Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

This is a list of dates of TOTP episodes for which we have no definite info about a full Pan's People performance.
The list starts with 1970 as that was the year when Pan's People began their weekly appearances on TOTP.

Date Notes
08/10/1970
22/10/1970
03/12/1970

11/02/1971
18/02/1971
08/04/1971
22/04/1971
13/05/1971
20/05/1971
03/06/1971
10/06/1971
24/06/1971
08/07/1971
15/07/1971
22/07/1971
29/07/1971
05/08/1971
02/09/1971
23/09/1971
07/10/1971
14/10/1971
28/10/1971
25/11/1971
16/12/1971

06/01/1972
27/01/1972
03/02/1972
17/02/1972
02/03/1972
09/03/1972
06/04/1972
13/04/1972
20/04/1972
25/05/1972
01/06/1972
08/06/1972
29/06/1972
27/07/1972
10/08/1972
31/08/1972 Popscene guess was "Virginia Plain" by Roxy Music
19/10/1972
09/11/1972
14/12/1972

08/06/1973
29/06/1973 An article posted by Andeebee indicates that the dance could have been "Step By Step" by Joe Simon
13/07/1973
18/10/1973 Popscene guess was "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" by Elton John
25/10/1973 Possibly a repeat of "Ghetto Child" by The Detroit Spinners
08/11/1973
Vin

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

AC/PD
Hopefully the second list was of some use in collating the 'unknown' routine editions, Vin.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

VintageVideos
Yes it was, thanks!

By the way, this table is now open for discussion. I'm prepared to enter anything of interest, even if it is speculative.
Vin

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

AC/PD
Might be a trivial matter, but it's interesting to now learn that two shows from the Summer of 1970 which were cancelled were caused not by coverage of Mexico '70 but, thanks to the Radio Times listing site, due to the fortnightly SW19 event.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

VintageVideos
Yes... Jez' list said, "NO SHOW DUE TO WORLD CUP 70 ", but it turned out it was another sporting event that caused TOTP to pause for a couple of weeks.
Vin

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

Heres a challenge for you Vin. In percentage terms, how many weeks do we have no idea to what Pans danced to. I guess this isn't an easy task as we dont know if some of the blank weeks they were not on the show. At a rough guess, Id say 75% we know about, 25% we dont.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

VintageVideos
You're very close: 73 (= 22.96 %) unknown, 245 (= 77.04 %) known
Vin

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

Mikey
Vin, not sure if this is of any use, its from the Express 12-04-73 which is down as a strike, unless this changed after the listing was produced.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

VintageVideos
Mikey wrote
unless this changed after the listing was produced.
I'm not 100% sure but I think I read somewhere that that was what actually happened.
Vin

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

I think the general opinion is the tv guides were not changed and the BBC just substituted something else.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

Mikey
Thanks guys, oh well worth a check.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

Amazing to think that all this time i thought 1972 was the 70s year with the most missing weeks but on counting up on the list its 1971 that holds that unwanted title. Lets hope in time we fill in the blanks.

Re: Pan's People - The Missing Weeks

VintageVideos
Yep 1971 and 1972 are still a long way from being complete. But 1974 to 1976 can be considered complete now, and 1970 and 1973 are nearly there. A great achievement all in all.
Vin