Pan's People on Top of the Pops

Re: Pan's People on Top of the Pops

Doc
KAL said that the BFI were given a video tape copy of what the BBC hold of the show.

Re: Pan's People on Top of the Pops

saintsray
27-2-75: Presenters: Dave Lee Travis & Jimmy Savile O.B.E. (Wiped)

(NEW) THE RUBETTES – I Can Do It
(27) JOHN LENNON – No. 9 Dream (video) This exists is private collection. The silent promo film has been dubbed with the track as per the  PasB notes at BBC Caversham
(30) SHOWADDYWADDY – Sweet Music This exists as part of the Showaddywaddy n1500 Collection that a member of the band taped.
(4) MUD – The Secrets That You Keep
(NEW) HUES CORPORATION – Love Corporation
(NEW) THE SHADOWS – Let Me Be The One
(NEW) DUANE EDDY – Play Me Like You Play Your Guitar
(5) FOX – Only You Can ®
(24) SUPERTRAMP – Dreamer ®
(25) THE ARROWS – My Last Night With You ®
(7) FRANKIE VALLI – My Eyes Adored You (video)
(1) STEVE HARLEY & COCKNEY REBEL – Make Me Smile (Come Up And See Me)
(22) AVERAGE WHITE BAND – Pick Up The Pieces (crowd dancing) (and credits)

If the BFI do have a tape of it, please let me know....
But I reckon it's just the insert tape.

Re: Pan's People on Top of the Pops

Mikey
So it looks like the BFI listing is indeed wrong then, well a generic description in any case. I'm guessing the Popscene list is not the actual broadcast order, with 3 repeats in a row and a video.

Re: Pan's People on Top of the Pops

Doc
They're not the only ones to describe the whole program when they only have a bit of it. Chris Perry is convinced that it's the insert tape that the BBC gave to the BFI. The Kal database isn't complete for the partially surviving shows as they only list what they have or what the BBC have told them they have. In most cases they don't show performances that survive by being repeated or in footage held privately.
For most of the missing shows the Popscene running order is an educated guess, so the odds are it will be wrong.

Re: Pan's People on Top of the Pops

VintageVideos
Doc wrote
For most of the missing shows the Popscene running order is an educated guess
To be fair, they had no other choice than to guess the running order because the BBC database simply lists the artists alphabetically for each show.

Re: Pan's People on Top of the Pops

saintsray
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED