Quantcast

Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Initially, my goal with the Pan's People Comments Section was to reach a minimum of 15 ratings for each routine. Many have now exceeded the '20' mark, a few have even amassed 25 or more. That's great, and I'd like to thank you all for your assistance.
But there are still some routines left with less than 15 ratings, including a number of really great ones that everyone should have seen. As we have a couple of new members now who also like to comment on Pan's People dances, I thought it might be the right time to compile a list with all those dances that still need a bit of help:

Singalong Junk (from the Two Ronnies): 14 19 ratings
Over Under Sideways Down (from Beat Club): 14 18 ratings
This Old Heart Of Mine (TOTP): 14 18 ratings
Buried Alive In The Blues (Two Ronnies): 13 15 ratings
Save Your Sugar For Me (Nationwide): 13 15 ratings
Stoney End (TOTP): 14 17 ratings
Little Bit Of Love (TOTP): 14 17 ratings
Everything's Tuesday (TOTP): 14 17 ratings
Monster Mash (Video): 12 18 ratings
Signed, Sealed, Delivered (TOTP): 13 16 ratings
Keep On Truckin' (TOTP): 14 ratings
You Can Do Magic (TOTP): 12 ratings

So you see, all but one need just one or two ratings more to reach the '15'. Any help will be appreciated!
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Legsfan
I'll find some time today to rate those Pans routines

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Everything'sRosie
I've just had a look at some of these, VV. I think there might be a correlation between the lack of reviews and them being a rather unmemorable collection of songs (Monster Mash apart, which was the inferior routine of the two anyway, imho). Stoney End I like now btw, but it took a few listens to win me over.

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

PattiForPM
You might be somewhat right ER but from the RF Comments Thread experience Love me like a lover (a dreadful dirge)  and TVC15 ( an acquired taste at the absolute most) have over 20 comments so I'm not sure quality of song always correlates.  By the way I think Little Bit of Love is a classic song and there are a few others in the list I quite like

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

'This Ole Heart Of Mine' has become a real favourite for me. Those close-ups get me everytime !

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

'This Ole Heart Of Mine' has become a real favourite for me. Those close-ups get me everytime !
Yup, just reviewed it, I've fallen under its spell big time.

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

I think the deciding factors are:

1. Apart from Singalong Junk, all of these routines were posted in 2015/2016, i.e. at a time when quite a number of members had left us or lost interest in commenting. By way of contrast, the first 13 routines I ever posted in 2013 all have 20 or more ratings by now while none of the routines posted in 2015 have more than 18 ratings.
2. Some of these routines are non-TOTP, which tend to amass less ratings than TOTP routines, regardless of actual quality.
3. All TOTP routines are either from wiped editions or from editions that were not repeated on EinsFestival/UK Gold, which means that they may not be in the desired picture quality and they are not as well-known as other routines.

Granted, a couple are not high in the average ratings list - but our current No. 97 (Both Sides Now) has been rated 23 times, and the No. 96 (Without You) 21 times!
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

VintageVideos
Thanks to the two members who started to rate a number of these dances. With their help, three routines have already reached 15 ratings. Please keep it coming, guys

I've updated the first post of this thread accordingly.
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

PattiForPM
Pretty effective sales pitch

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Yes, you wanna try it yourself

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

PattiForPM
Haha, I had a suspicion that comment might come back to bite me

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Dancer
I have relooked at them VV and apologise for the omissions.  Your notes are so interesting. Hopefully the number will get to zero.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

CoffeeThing
All done. Am still slowly plodding through the whole comments section watching all the routines. Am a bit slower than I had hoped but getting there and enjoying it.

Much appreciated, CT. Glad you're enjoying it, as that is definitely most important.

Thanks to all who participated so far. Two routines are still at 14 ratings (Keep On Truckin' & Signed Sealed Delivered), and I've also added "You Can Do Magic" which is currently at 12.
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Legsfan
I've cleared my schedule. Tonight I will be commenting on some Pans routines
Also Vin I really like that Ruth Woolworths photo, she looks stunning and I can remember my late auntie having a dress that looks just like that one.

I have commented on all that I have now Vin.  I have others that are not on here.  My issue is the Hot Love track as I cannot see them on my version.  I did not know there were two versions of this out there.  The one I have is where they appear at the bottom of the screen.  Have I got this correct?
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

VintageVideos
Dancer wrote
The one I have is where they appear at the bottom of the screen.
I'm afraid I do not quite get what you're saying. I've posted screenshots of both versions so you should be able to find out which version you have:

Version 1

Version 2
Alles hat ein Ende - nur die Wurst hat zwei

Re: Pan's People routines with less than 15 comments - can you help?

Dancer
Thanks for that VV.  I will comment on the one I have now.
Don't be a party pooper, be a super dooper hula hooper