Pans Night Club

GJB

Pans Night Club

GJB
Found a couple of rare routines in France

Pans People on Night club dance to Shaft exists:

Show of the Week: Night Club

BBC Two England, 20 November 1972 21.25
Synopsis
An international cabaret This week from Munich starring
Johnny Mathis
The Kessler Twins Katya Epstein The Tremeloes Pans People Francis Brunn
Alan Campbell and Christine The Irene Mann Dancers Introduced by Pete Murray -
Albert Raisner , Gerd Vespermann
Director DIETER WENDRICH Producer PETER BAALCKE
BBC/ORTF/ZDF co-production

Pans People on Night Club dance to (sod knows aint got a clue) exists:

Night Club

BBC Two England, 17 August 1972 21.25
Synopsis
An international cabaret from The Talk of the Town, London starring
Melba Moore , Trio Athenee Michael Allport &
Jennifer Barry Crocker , Clark Brothers Pan's People
Orchestra directed by RONNIE HAZLEHURST Choreography by FLICK COLBY Director VERNON LAWRENCE Producer JOHN AMMONDS
A BBC/ORTF/ZDF co-production
(Michael Allport & Jennifer are appearing at the Raymond Revue Bar, London)
Contributors
Unknown: Melba Moore
Unknown: Jennifer Barry Crocker
Directed By: Ronnie Hazlehurst
Choreography By: Flick Colby
Director: Vernon Lawrence
Producer: John Ammonds

Merry Xmas from GJB an OFTD exclusive

Re: Pans Night Club

Gaz has kindly sent these to me. They are in monochrome, but good quality footage and im guessing very rare. Has anybody else out there seen these or are they known about ? I was going to keep them up my sleeve and save them for my next OFTDs event in Derby. When i last spoke to Gaz in Brum he said i could put them on the blog, so maybe its best i do that. Best wait awhile to see if hes still okay with that.
RYAN
GJB

Re: Pans Night Club

GJB
No probs mate, have a good chrimbo, luckily I rescued thousands of music vids off various hard drives.

Re: Pans Night Club

Yep keep checking them hard drives mate. Have a `good un` yourself and i will see you at the next Kal.

Re: Pans Night Club

PattiForPM
Memory bank search in progress but they sound familiar....thanks for all your great work GJB

Re: Pans Night Club

Thanks Gary. Much appreciated.

Re: Pans Night Club

Very generous of you to provide and allow for these to be forthcoming OFTD exclusives, Gaz.
Merry Christmas, Gianfranco.

Re: Pans Night Club

Doc
Thanks for the info, I've added them to the surviving Pan's list.
I'm guessing the 2nd one is called Nothing Can Stop Me Now, but so far the lyrics have defeated Google.
One thing I did find out about Barry was he sang the Neighbours theme song.

Re: Pans Night Club

- redundant muttering deleted -

Re: Pans Night Club

Gaz has kindly sent these to me. They are in monochrome, but good quality footage and im guessing very rare. Has anybody else out there seen these or are they known about ?
In one do the girls have skipping ropes, while in the other are the three brunettes in light coloured trousers suits and the three blonde girls in darker outfits?

Re: Pans Night Club

Yes correct on both counts.

Re: Pans Night Club

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
The Song is "Nothing Can Stop Me Now" from The Roar of the Greasepaint The Smell of the Crowd" a 1965 musical written by (the great) Anthony Newley and Leslie Bricusse.

Here's Anthony himself singing it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-vjJRjb_9k

He's got an unmistakable vocal style, which was an obvious early influence on the young David Bowie.
You've all done vey well!

Re: Pans Night Club

Doc
You did very well YMG.

Re: Pans Night Club

These will be on the blog within the hour !

Re: Pans Night Club

Mikey
Interesting footage, thanks to the doner.

I wonder when they were recorded, certainly Andrea and Flick would have been gone by late November. Well Flick had stopped performing anyway.