Pans People formations

Scotty
I've noticed when Flick was still dancing, she would be at the front right position and for instance Babs would be in back left position in Nutbush, When will I see you again, etc.  What is the theory of positioning the dancers when there are two rows of three each?  One thought would be height but I've seen Ruth in the back row.

Re: Pans People formations

Sue Menhenick
A lot of the time, placing in routines was done by where you were in the 'height' line up ...Babs being the tallest and Ruth being the smallest.
Flick was about my height and was somewhere in the middle  .....  but then the choreography would also define who was placed where ....

Re: Pans People formations

Mikey
I remember reading something that Flick always wanted to start on the left of the stage (the right as we see it), it was a kind of superstition thing i guess. I can't remember where i read this though .

Re: Pans People formations

Scotty
Thanks for the response.  I was always curious.  On a separate note, would Flick choreograph each dancer's individual moves when featured on camera e.g., Barbados, You ain't seen nothing yet, etc?

Re: Pans People formations

Mikey
Oh, i found the article, here.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4101572.html

Re: Pans People formations

Scotty
Thanks for the link.

On Mon, Jul 17, 2017 at 6:22 AM, Mikey [via One for the Dads] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Oh, i found the article, here.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-pre-June-1974-tp4062102p4101572.html

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Pans-People-formations-tp4138847p4138853.html
To unsubscribe from Pans People formations, click here.
NAML