Pans People pre-June 1974

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Willoway
This post was updated on .
I recently put in something in this page that  I thought was new and wasn't - here's something else that may or may not be new, but the caption is.
The caption is "Pans People Re-union L To R Ruth Pearson Cherry Gillespie Dee Dee Wilde Penny Bachas And Husband Nikolaos Louise Clarke And Babs Lord. 5 Jun 1973"
I've no idea who Penny and Nikolaos Bachas are (Bachas produces 0 matches on this site). Not entirely convinced the year is correct.

...is she really going out with him?

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

VintageVideos
Thanks for the interesting picture. Penny is Penny Fergusson who probably married Nikolaos Bachas.

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Willoway
Thanks Vin, didn't think it was Penny Fergusson but indeed it is - checking elsewhere she married Mr Bachas in 1972.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Its on page 13 Willoway

Heres something that may interest you, includes some nice pictures of Penny circa 1983

https://sophieneville.net/2012/12/

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Willoway
Thanks Mikey, I depend on reverse image searches to check if something has been in before and they are not always reliable. At least the circumstances of the pic were clearer in the Rex picture, and we know now we have a nice picture of Penny (and hubby).
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
Better version of the 1969 TV Centre pic

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
Daily Mirror 19-12-68

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Willoway
Interesting little snippit in the Stage 3rd November 1966 (ie 5 weeks before the PP people walked out of the Beat Girls)

Apologies for the quality, but it says Jim Ramble and and Rik Gunnell are applying for a licence for an employment agency in the entertainment industry. Fortuitous timing. Jim Ramble was their first manager (and later husband of Flick Colby) and Rik Gunnell employed the new PP in cabaret, never knew Jim and Rik were linked before.
...is she really going out with him?

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
Newcastle Evening Chronicle 06-03-73 (although this would be the recording of the 08-02-73 show) . Interesting to read Andrea was still involved at this stage.

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
A couple more 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly' shots from Xmas 1968

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
Larger version of Frankie Howerd Show, 1969

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
Dickie Valentine Show 1967 (with Phunta)

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
No date listed for this

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Willoway
This post was updated on .
Not sure if Felicity Balfour Smith belongs in the Beat Girls or Pans People section - but as her name has come up here's a clipping from the Coventry Evening Telegraph 19-Nov-1969. She had joined a group the Denise Shaune dancers.
She later was in the first production of Joseph and his dreamcoat, there's a picture of that somewhere on this site.

I agree with Mikey that the Save Me footage is probably Ruth; we still have the rehearsal footage undoubtedly including Felicity front right
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOjyIvMt_qQ

...is she really going out with him?

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

February 12, 1971 (I'll replace the smaller two when larger versions become available)

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

Mikey
Here is the article related to the above image.

Re: Pans People pre-June 1974

VintageVideos
Thanks Mikey, but - Flick Colby far right?