Parkside Plays Pop 1st June.

The line up for this years Kal music event has been announced:
Highlights:
Pans' People appearing in a 1968 ATV show.
Pan's People appearances kept by VT engineers.
TOTP 06/02/75 B&W, a complete version of the show that also partially survives through the PVL.
TOTP 11/11/69 inserts, exactly the same as show at MBW!
and one for JEZ, Lift Off With Ayshea, tape 2 of the 405 line computer tapes.

10.00am Start up.

10.05am Two halves of Vikki Carr
Compilation of music acts from LWT’s It’s Vikki Carr show
music director Harry Rabinowitz
choreography by Joanne Steuer
designed by Cephas Howard
produced by Mark Stuart
directed by Mark Stuart

Vikki Carr with The Harry Rabinowitz Orchestra
Tx: 5 April 1969 & 19 April 1969

10.30am Disco
A pop quiz.
Chairman Terry Wogan
Team Captain Tim Rice
Team Captain Roger Scott
- Adrienne Posta
- Jackie Trent
- Freddie Garrity
- Hank Marvin
- Jigsaw
Programme associate Richard Willcox
Produced by Terry Henebery
Directed by Rick Gardner
A BBC production for BBC 1.
Originally transmitted 12.10.1975

11.00am Innocence, Anarchy and Soul: 3 Chapters from the History of Rock
- Lord Rockingham's XI
- Red Price
- Lonnie Donegan
- Don Lang
- Julie Driscoll, Brian Auger and The Trinity
- Lulu
- Chris Farlowe
- Emperor Rosko
- The Breakaways
- The Flirtations
- The Alan Bown
- Lance Le Gault
- Pans People
Music director Harry Robinson
Choreography by Peter Gordeno
Designed by Martin Johnson
Designed by Bill McPherson
Associate producer David Mallett
Produced by Jack Good
Directed by Rita Gillespie
An ATV production.
Originally transmitted 26.10.1968

11.50am Razzmatazz
Presenter Alastair Pirrie
DJ Paul Gough
"Romancing The Stone" Eddy Grant
"Let's Hear It For The Boy" Deniece Williams
"Only When You Leave" Spandau Ballet
with Roger Daltrey as a guest presenter
Produced by Royston Mayoh
Directed by Royston Mayoh
A Tyne Tees Television production.
Originally transmitted 30.05.1984

12.20pm Colour me Pop
Host Michael Dean
- The Hollies
Editor Rowan Ayers
A BBC production for BBC 2.
Originally transmitted 07.09.1968

12.50pm Lunch

1.30pm Top of the Pops
DJ Jimmy Savile
with Bachman-Turner Overdrive, Betty Wright, Dana, Helen Reddy, Johnny Wakelyn, Showaddywaddy, Slade, Supertramp, Syreeta, The Stylistics and Pilot
Music director Johnny Pearson
Choreography by Flick Colby
Produced by Robin Nash
Directed by Robin Nash
A BBC production for BBC 1.
Originally transmitted 06.02.1975

2.00pm Ready Steady Go
Host Keith Fordyce
Host Cathy McGowan
Host Michael Aldred
"It Won't Be Long" / "You Can't Do That" / "Can't Buy Me Love" The Beatles
"Suspicion" Millicent Martin
"Everyday I Have To Cry" Dusty Springfield
"Buddy's Song" Bobby Vee
"Baby Let Me Take You Home" The Animals
"Tennessee Waltz" Alma Cogan
Interviewee Eric Burdon
Interviewee George Harrison
Interviewee Ringo Starr
"You Never Can Tell" Chuck Berry
"World Without Love" Peter and Gordon
Directed by Robert Fleming
An Associated-Rediffusion/Rediffusion Television production.
Originally transmitted 20.03.1964
With an introduction by Andy Neill, author of a forthcoming book on RSG

3.00pm Comfort Break

3.05pm Top of the Pops
Recently found in Austria.
with Jethro Tull, Fleetwood Mac, Nancy Sinatra, The Beatles and Archies
Produced by Mel Cornish
Directed by Mel Cornish
A BBC production for BBC 1.
Originally transmitted 13.11.1969

3.20pm Top of the Pops
Lost performances of Pan's People preserved by VT engineers and unseen for decades. You may think these are on youtube, but they ain’t.

3.45pm A Kaleidoscope Surprise
A significant musical discovery and we can’t tell you what it is yet. J

3.55pm Afternoon Tea with the RNLI

4.30pm Ingoe’s Ingots – a compilation of unseen musical performances selected by today’s Creative Director, Neil Ingoe.

5.30pm Reel Time volume 2. Lift Off with Ayshea in all its glory, restored from 405 line computer tapes!

6.00pm Closedown.
Still living in 1979

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Doc
I'm guessing that the Pan's stuff 'that ain't on You Tube' is off 'The Cherry Tape'.

The Pan's appearance in Innocence, Anarchy and Soul: 3 Chapters from the History of Rock, sounds interesting. Not sure if we've seen this or not.
Still living in 1979

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Everything'sRosie
Excellent, so much stuff I want to see. And not long to wait.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Gorgeous Daze
My fingers were crossed that Ayshea herself would be a guest. She was for a UFO fan event in Derby in 2017. And Diddy's missing TOTP would really have ramped up the anticipation! Oh well, all the same I'm certainly looking forward to it.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

This sounds very brilliant.
I've got my ticket already

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Doc wrote
I'm guessing that the Pan's stuff 'that ain't on You Tube' is off 'The Cherry Tape'.
So nothing to much to get excited about then. The other Pans stuff does though. Hoping for a good OFTDs turn-out.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

The Rubberband Man wrote
I've got my ticket already
Any chance of posting the ticket link ?

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

The Rubberband Man wrote
I've got my ticket already
Any chance of posting the ticket link ?
Yes

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/parkside-plays-pop-tickets-60811839850?fbclid=IwAR1XIQ1m5Z39VeHTmixrO3PHAuPYiECHRqcTafOVRjFkX0OWi0xwh1RUf0s

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Thanks. To anyone else thinking of coming, the ticket process takes about 25 seconds. Free and easy, just click the link.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Looks like a cracker of a show, so much so the usual hour in the pub at lunch appears to be in jeopardy !

Of course I may be wrong, but they have the tape and have so far not shown it, so it seems the most likely. Would be nice if it was something new.
Still living in 1979

I understand its gonna be the Cherry Tape. I believe it contains 43 routines (12 of which are Flipper), of which only 7 Pans are not on internet platforms. Those 7 are all known about and a lot of us have them in collections. Still good to watch though.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Hanway2
  I have registered and secured my ticket. First time I have been to one of these events and am looking forward to it immensely.
  For those of us that are not so aware as the others- like me, what is on the Cherry Tape, that may be new to us? The 7 routines mentioned that are not on the internet, for example.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Looks like a very good line up doc ,I wonder if any of the pans routines ,are new to us ,the lift off is something I never thought would have ever turned up ,I wonder if it is a full edition or random clips , because didn't someone mention that a Xmas lift off had been unearthed.

Re: Parksdie Plays Pop 1st June.

Dancer
What a lovely schedule.  All reads so interesting.  I reckon the routines will be ones you have never seen before.  Would be lovely if everyone saw the David Bowie, Fame dance, Genesis I Know what I Like and the lovely Stylistics, Let's Put it all Together with the late lovely Ruth embarking on her solo at the first verse.  Barry White's Can't Get Enough would be a good one too.  Sounds fab, wish I was going now.
GJB

Doc: http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/FIRST-PANS-COLOUR-FOOTAGE-1968-td4162069.html
GJB

Re: Parkside Plays Pop 1st June.