Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Suefan
Having been rightly told off for our over the top antics a few weeks back I think we should also be giving ourselves a talking to, myself included, for our neglect of Pauline who seems all too often to get overlooked.  We have even seen a thread for Floyd appear on here before one for Ms Peters.

Pauline's performance as one of the Jones family grooms made me smile, as she seems to really get into her role as one of the 'fellas', so it is high time for this thread.

I recall Mr M mentioning her workmanlike approach but if there was ever a place for such dedication and teamwork surely it is here.  If all Flick had had to work with were six headliners, all vying constantly for the spotlight, I doubt if Legs would have been the success that it was.  Sure, Pauline was not as exuberant as the others but she was an integral part of the unit.  For me, some of the routines after her departure are missing something and I'm sure that is down to her absence.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

JEZ
i much prefer pauline than her replacement in legs and co but that is only my personal view. i thought paulines performances were brill and her facial expressions were fun on certain routines. in my book pauline was a true trooper as all the girls equally were

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Paulines facial expressions were super cute in Chanson d`amour` and `Off the wall`. Loved her work in `Lost in music`. Yes i agree with Jez about Anita, just didnt cut it for me, maybe because the end was nigh.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Dug5y-02

I wholeheartedly agree as well.  Pauline was actually my "2nd favourite" after the heavenly Sue - hence the reason I couldn't leave her out of my Avatar!!  L&C were never the same after she left as Anita was somewhat anonymous to me.  Loved Pauline's dimply smile.
Dug5y

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Wow another fan of Sue in Dugsy,good man, this blog is getting very Sue friendly these days unlike before. Dugsy why dont you go on the forum top trumps board ? Oh sorry Pauline for digressing.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Dave
  I would just like to add to the comments on Pauline who doesnt always get the regognition for her for her input to the wonderful melting pot of Legs and Co. Maybe not always the strongest dancer but certainly gave her own personal appeal and character to everything she did.....in the TOTPS making of programme her sense of fun and humour during the bit when she and Rosie were interviewed she comes across as a really lovely lady who likes a laugh even if its the groups expense. Once again proving that these girls could if needed, ham things up a bit and not be stuck up about it....no prima donna attitude there. I thought she was fantastic in quite a few routines.obviously Lost in Music is a highlight for her and I loved yer comedic interpretation of the Jones versus Jones number and also YMCAs leather clad biker boy. I will always remember her in Stevie Wonders song Lately which I think was her last number with the girls ?  She was definetly a special member of the multi talented group and it was never really the same without her.    Dave.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

JEZ
another classic pauline routine with her facial expression is dont stop the music pity about the wig though on this routine

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

PattiforPM
My name is PattiforPM and I have neglected Pauline.  She is a stalwart performer and has hit high notes as previous posters have mentioned.  She also had an two entire routine solos to Rose Royce's "I Wanna Get Next to You" and Gladys Knight's "Come Back and Finish" and unless better historians can correct me no other Legs & Co member can match this in their 5 year reign.  My own fave Pauline outings are the uber-popular "Lost in Music", the svelte "Dancing in the City", the sexy "Alright Now" and the very hot mustard of "Don't Push It".  She did good work

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

JEZ
good point well made mr patti over paulines complete solo routines as far as i can remember at the moment she does hold the record for dancing to 2 complete solos the only other solo i can think of with legs was sue on xmas totp 78 with annies song

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Sue did make two different appearances to Annie's song, the one I posted from Dec 78 and an earlier outing in June which I'll send to YMG next week but they are so very similar as to be classed as one.  Fedora's off to Pauline for her record two.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

JEZ
did sue do the june one completely solo suefan i know she did a part alongside james galway

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Suefan
No Jez, I'm afraid Mr Galway was there as well.  The dance is slightly different so I will send it in but it is not as good as the later one.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Dave
   Sorry to intrude on your question Jez, but Sues solo with James Galway was a complete solo as you can see that she is already dancig when she appears at the top of the screen and is still dancing when they fade out on her at the end. The editor who mixed the visuals was probably told to keep Mr Galway in the picture though personally I would rather just have Sue as the main feature......so much better looking and what a performance ! It shows her classical training and talent off to a T !        Dave.

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Back to Pauline. Her final appearance was my favourite little Stevie track`Lately`. This was a sublime effort by all 6 girls, a truely lovely routine. Such a shame she didnt feature more in this though. The dark feel to this did detract from the performance though, why the low lighting casting the long shadows, just pointless i thought.
  I wonder when she made the decision quit and the reason why, anybody know? Strange it took  so long to install Anita, Pauline left on19/3 Anita joined 28/5. Wonder why ?

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

JEZ
pauline left i believe ryan to have a baby

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Cheers Jez. How did that happen can you explain ???????????

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

JEZ
dont know these days ryan how it happens lol

Re: Pauline P - a Real Trooper

Floid Fan
Jez, as has been pointed out many times before on the forum, is a fount of knowledge on all things PP, RF and Legs. As his current avatar picture proves: 'He knows, you know.'
Carl