Please solve this mystery !

jeremyjcs
I happened to come across this video in my Facebook feed.  The track is a new one by the Monkees (written by Andy Partridge of XTC) and is on a forthcoming album they are releasing soon i.e. in 2016.

So how have they got Legs & Co dancing on the track on this video clip ???   Clearly, the new track is overlaid oin an old Legs & Co perfromance .  ?

It's a very clever piece of ediiting because you would think the routine was choreographed for this song ! But what were they originally dancing to  ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7vDvVLvTd8

Re: Please solve this mystery !

VintageVideos
Average White Band - Let's Go Round Again

The original music is much better ...

Re: Please solve this mystery !

Everything'sRosie
Works quite well I thought. Someone did something similar with the Ai No Corrida routine with a Haircut 100 track which confused me somewhat in less informed days.

Re: Please solve this mystery !

Hi Jeremyjcs I see you have your answer as to the original song.  I think this edit is quite cleverly done and fun to watch but just to let you know that these re-edits have caused some controversy on these Dance websites in the past as they are sometimes seen as a corruption of the Choreographer's original design.  I personally think they can be creative and think we're all entitled to our different opinions but certainly the authors should pay homage to the original version by making it crystal clear that they are remakes and mentioning the original source.  Sorry to get so serious on what is I believe your first post but welcome to OFTDs anyway

Thanks for the info. I don't disagree about Let's Go Round Again being a better track !

Re: Please solve this mystery !

jeremyjcs
I agree that they should put up a proper credit and acknowledgement to the choreographer and indeed to Legs & Co - I'm a musiciian; it's not disimilar to somebody sampling and using your original material without permission , which I am dead against.