Possible missing link

Re: Possible missing link

JEZ
Apparently they didn't wear black on let's put it all together routine dancer ,they wore silver leotards with beads and silver shoes .the vicar did miss the odd recording as far as I'm aware he missed the week pans danced to fame in 1975 ,and a few including baby face ,take it to the limit ,wake up every body and let the music play from 1976

Re: Possible missing link

JEZ
I think 2 recollection of a dance vin proves there must have been a routine done to it at some point,and as you know Alex provided me with some very valuable info about the songs a few years back

Re: Possible missing link

Did Ruth wear black for Let's Put it all together Jez?  I know she danced the full first verse on her own.  I remember the Fame dance and have that on video at Dads.  Baby face I remember big time, they wore bonnets for that and were in prams.  The latter three in your description I don't remember at all.

Re: Possible missing link

VintageVideos
Dancer wrote
I remember the Fame dance and have that on video at Dads.
Seriously? You may have the sole surviving copy of that routine if that is true! This performance is missing from all the archives!

Re: Possible missing link

JEZ
Theres no mention of anyone wearing black on the description of the outfits worn on lets put it all togetheron the list of pans routines that panslegs posted from 1973 and 1974,i remember baby face routine as i remember my dad chuckling to himself when it was on .did you record the fame dance yourself on video in 1975 dancer

Re: Possible missing link

VintageVideos wrote
Dancer wrote
I remember the Fame dance and have that on video at Dads.
Seriously? You may have the sole surviving copy of that routine if that is true! This performance is missing from all the archives!
It's not the one with Irene Cara in is it?

Re: Possible missing link

Dancer
I would not say that it was the only sole copy.  I was very lucky in that someone did a tape to tape of the routines but the quality was awful. This was done for me in 1991 when I lived in Kensington.  There were so many others too and I will always be grateful to the individual who did them for me.  I called it my Golden Ticket video and it is at Dads where it stays because I am that paranoid in playing it in case it chews up - that is how I remembered the full routine when I did the dance with Suefan and Katy.

I just wish out of all anything that DVDs were invented in 1990s.

Re: Possible missing link

Doc
You should contact Kaleidoscope and they will put it on DVD for you and then the routine will survive in the archives!

Re: Possible missing link

Dancer
I could get it done down the village if I wished to have it done.  They did my last one and the sound was worse so I will keep the less of the two evils.  If you have ever done video to video in the nineties the copy always comes out the worse with the horizontal lines.  Yes there is tracking but I was eternally grateful to the individual who did it for me.  I really let my emotions go that day when it was handed to me.

I will never break the promise I made to them.  At least you know what the dance is now anyway.

Re: Possible missing link

Doc
So you're not prepared to let the experts at recovering footage off old video tape have access to it!

Re: Possible missing link

Dancer
One never breaks a promise Doc.  I promised I would never give it out or re-record and I have kept to it.  It would never get cleaned up.  When the individual demises then I maybe would consider but then I believe in karma so best left where it is.  There was a lot on there - a good 90 minute compilation or more.

Re: Possible missing link

Doc
Well thank God the Vicar wasn't as selfish as you and the individual concerned!

Re: Possible missing link

Dancer wrote
One never breaks a promise
I agree. A promise is a promise. Good to know it's somewhere out there anyhow.

Re: Possible missing link

VintageVideos wrote
Notice the description "they were shown at the bottom of the screen with the film behind them". In another post he writes that "The 'Bus Stop' was a film of the Fatback band with girls coming in half way through, super imposed on the bottom of the screen of this film."
Sounds like a backing performance to me. If it was halfway through it probably wouldn't have taken much rehearsing. I've listed it as either 18/12/75 or 15/01/76.

Re: Possible missing link

VintageVideos
Doc wrote
Sounds like a backing performance to me.
Sure does. On the other hand, Alex gave a similar description for the Chubby Checker routine but we know now that wasn't the case. Maybe the spirit of pan can confirm the nature of the Bus Stop routine.

Re: Possible missing link

Doc
The thought of Pan's at the bottom of the screen seems to ring a bell for me that I've seen something like that before. Of course it may be a completely different routine that it reminds me of.

Re: Possible missing link

Thanks VV.  It is a really poor quality video, but then it was fab because we had no alternative.  Now everything has been cleared up so more or less makes my video null in terms of quality.  No one could clean it up.  I would not classify myself as selfish.  I made a promise and I kept it.  Yes to my advantage there are rarities in the compilation but people would not want them in terms of quality i.e, colours merging and horizontal lines.  The Vicars were perfect because I presume he handed over the primary copies to the relevant source.  I had a secondary copy.

Like I said at least you know what the Fame dance is anyway.  Those who participated enjoyed themselves and another ticked box.

Re: Possible missing link

JEZ
What was the earliest dance on the video dancer ,were most of the dances from a particular year.im just wondering if the Duane eddy dance is on your video , because I'm sure that is probably the other one out of 3 dances from 1975 that we weren't 100 percent confirmed was definitely done by pans

Re: Possible missing link

Dancer wrote
I just wish out of all anything that DVDs were invented in 1990s.
But they were invented in the 1990s

Re: Possible missing link

the spirit of pan
Hi, I've tried to piece together some more information on Do The Bus Stop, using my memory and the comments made on this thread.

I watched TOTP every Thursday around that time on my mum's black and white tv. Relations would often call round and that could prove a distraction, but I still watched most of what was on. Having played the record a few times recently on Youtube to remind myself how it went I am convinced that Pan's People DID dance to it.

Trying to visualise what I remember, the girls were stood at bus stops and jiggled sexily - a spontaneous sort of dance rather than one that needed lots of rehearsal. The dancers that come to mind are Ruth and Babs.

It's quite possible that they came in half way through the song and were just at the bottom of the screen, as has been suggested. I'm also interested that in the Popscene list for 18/12/75 there isn't an official PP dance quoted, so this might tie in with them not dancing the full song AND it not being the full PP team (which could account for Sue not remembering it if she wasn't there).

I don't say that I'm right on all these things but it's food for thought and maybe it will jog other people's memories to add more.
1234