Question for Suefan

Dug5y-02
Hi Suefan,

Am I right in saying that that the photo you use for your blog identity is taken from the front cover of "Weekend" magazine which included an article about the lovely Sue's battle with some form of illness?
If so, I think you may have won if off me on Ebay a year or so ago!!
Can you possibly divulge what the article was about as I've never been able to find any reference to it anywhere?

Yours,

Dug5y-02 (yet another fellow admirer of Sue)
Dug5y

Re: Question for Suefan

Dave
   Hi Dug5y_02. dont mean to intrude on your question to Suefan but there are 3 of the girls that suffered from unfortunate ill health, none of them Sue. Flick was the first well over 10 yrs ago and it was reported in english tabloids, Babs quite recently did an interveiw for the mail on sunday (about a month or two ago) on her unfortunate situation for which she was very positive and receiving treatment. The third was an article done about 8/9 years ago  concerning a member of Legs and co, (it was either in the mirror or the express at the time.) I do not feel it is my business to say who it is as its private and personal and down to that individual to say more or not. The direct family know all about this though.  She is a strong person and I am full of admiration for her.            Dave.

Re: Question for Suefan

The pic of Sue was uploaded to this blog a while back.  I haven't seen the magazine article of which you speak.

Re: Question for Suefan

  I wished i had not read the top two postings on this thread now. Its horrible to think that any of our lovely dancers have suffered any form of ill health. Reading them has made me quite sad. I just want to remember them as the smiling, energetic, beautiful dancers that they were. I do so hope the individuals involved have all made a recovery.

Re: Question for Suefan

Annifrid
Personally I dont think it is right in any person mentioning some ones health. Do you think you have an opinion on this? as I dont think you should and do. Dont you think life is hard as it is with out one saying this.
LNV

Re: Question for Suefan

LNV
Ryan those are kind words, sensitively expressed and I’m sure endorsed by the whole forum.

Re: Question for Suefan

PattiforPM
I completely agree, well said Ryan and Mr M

Re: Question for Suefan

JEZ
the pan girls did speak openely and publicly about their ilnesses though they wanted people to be aware as not to ignore any health issues but totally agree with ryans words

Re: Question for Suefan

Floid Fan
Hi Suefan,
any idea what was the RF routine (one of the five missing) which apparently Einsfestival had but the condition was not good so they didn't show it, and where did you hear this?
Cheers.
Carl

Re: Question for Suefan

JEZ
hi carl im sure the channel did not show any missing totp as theres a bloke posted all the totp that were shown, on you tube and none seem to be from the missing episodes

Re: Question for Suefan

Floid Fan
Hi Jez,
I thought Suefan on another thread said that Einsfestival did have one of the RF missing routines but did NOT show it, as it was in poor condition or something.
Carl

Re: Question for Suefan

Suefan
Just to clarify the beeb certainly have one of the five Flipper routines we are missing on the blog, which I think is from 3/6 so would be Heart On My Sleeve.  Whether they will show it themselves I can't say, lets hope so.

Re: Question for Suefan

Floid Fan
Wow and triple Wow,
Suefan, you have got me excited about this. This is the best news. I suppose if it's supposed to be damaged or bad quality they won't show it on the BBC4 repeats. But I am absolutely intrigued as to how you know this information. Youve never divulged this gem of knowledge before. Can you reveal your source for this? Good to see that you are up to date with Flipper news (far more than I am). You must like them more than you let on.
Carl

Re: Question for Suefan

JEZ
carl i was under the impression heart on my sleeve is still with the bbc like suefan says wonder if this is the mystery ruby clip i was on about yesterday

Re: Question for Suefan

Floid Fan
perhaps it is Jez, did you say Cherry, Patti and a palm tree?
Carl

Re: Question for Suefan

Another question for Carl about RF- Is it right RF appeared 4 times on the 26/8/76 totps ?

Re: Question for Suefan

Floid Fan
Hi Ryan,
it seems they did appear 4 times, so is this a Ruby Flipper (or perhaps TOTP) record???? Any other dance troupe appear 4 times in one TOTP?
I think they repeated 'You should be dancing' from Aug 12th and then the whole troupe did Morning Glory and 'Don't go Breaking My heart (no wonder there wasn't much complicated choreography in the latter) at the end and Patti did Aria as a part solo.
Carl

Re: Question for Suefan

Floid Fan
Well definitely a Flipper record, don't know about TOTP.
Carl

Re: Question for Suefan

PattiforPM
Might well be a record Carl.  I have one TOTP show with 3 L&C routines (girls split into pairs x2 and one solo  , sadly no Patti) so they couldn't match that RF record

Re: Question for Suefan

So its a good job that `you should be dancing` was repeated If its from the missing 12/8/76 TOTP, else it would have been lost forever i suppose. What a crime that would have been.