Questions For The Forum- 7.

Hanway2
  Q. 7  FAVOURITE PERIOD- Of Flick’s Choreography?
    Of course, this will probably coincide with the period from which of the groups you prefer. But do you have a favoured period or style of dance as choreographed by Flick? This is easily answered for my part. Of all the dance styles, and motifs, used by our teams, the early 70s modes appeal to me best. Such as the ‘Girl Gang’, 'Abstract Free Form'  and ‘Hippy-Style’ routines to be seen from those numbers that still exist from that period. That works for me perfectly, but I am sure others will disagree. I could watch Pan’s People releasing their inner Hippy until the cows come home. And I hope the Dairyman has locked the gate on the way to the farm, to boot.

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

SuPaLu
1978 - 1979 for me was a varied and exciting time for dance routines.

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

Dolly
Hi Hanway

I have two favorite periods of Flicks Choreography.
One would be with the original six. The early years. The hippie inspired, go-go dancing freestyle dance period. Flick's approach seemed so carefree and uninhibited. I love it.
I also like the late 70's early '80's disco. Great classic songs to dance to, great clothes and a bit more sophistication. You can tell she was really in her creative zone around that time.
So those are my favorite dancing periods!
Dolly

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

PattiforPM
1979. Period.

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

I do sometimes get a little `wound-up` by the fact that nine weeks of the summer of 1980 were lost to to strike action by the musicians union and so with it nine weeks of Legs & Co routines simply not happening. Ive often pondered what these routines may have been.

It was the last knockings of the Disco period that was so successful in the late 70's so i'm imagining songs such as Funkytown (when it charted as opposed to the Xmas routine), Jump To The Beat, Lets Get Serious, or how about a proper routine to Use It Up And Wear It Out. I do think that Legs & Co did their best work dancing to disco numbers of this sort.

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

AC/PD
1978 onward.

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

TheOtherOne
Another vote for the Pan's People 'hippy dances' under which I'd include Green River, I'm a Man, Make it With You, Joy to the World, Fireball and Little Bit of Love.

Re: Questions For The Forum- 7.

Gorgeous Daze
79-81. All inspired by a superb era for pop - my favourite.

Steve