Quiz 29/01/12

I dont think nobody is planning to be a surprise quiz host for this Sunday, so i will step into the breach once again my friends. Please come and play my `Three Letters of the Alphabet` quiz this Sunday at 9pm, everybody is welcome to play. I must admit on reading this back, i think its the best quiz ive wrote yet.

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Doubleday
Aren't you getting mixed up with one of Ern's plays wot he wrote .... or even having beauty like wot I have got

Anyway, this time I really will try and be there

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

BeautifulBabs
Is one of the answers ABC easy as 123 by Jackson 5

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Sorry Ryan, I'm working this Weekend so no chance to compete.  Have fun and prosper everyone

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

No BeautifulBabs, when i say three letters of the alphabet i meant like before when all the answers begin with a particular letter. So to start the quiz we will have the letter Y. Dont ask me Y though. I will keep you guessing on the other two letters.

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

BeautifulBabs
oh ok will learn up Y and the other 22 we haven't covered before
thanks
my broadband has been stuttering today but hopefully ok later

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Just a reminder, there will be a speed quiz here tonight at nine. Hope to see a few of you playing. All welcome.

.Here is a reminder of the quiz regulations, in case any new players want to give this a go.

QUIZ REGULATIONS FOR TONIGHT, ( note reg 4, important ) **ALL WELCOME TO PLAY**

 1------I will ask 42 questions, 21 on Pop music and 21 on General knowledge

2------The questions will be asked in groups of two at a time, starting at 9pm and then in 3 minute intervals.

3------3 points for each correct fastest answer, 2 points for second fastest and 1 point for every other correct answer. Obviously if you get both parts of the question correct, and in a faster time than anybody else, the points are doubled.

4-----You can either answer both parts of the question in one go, but if you want you can answer them seperatly,while you think of the other answer (The best strategy if you are struggling with one part, is to fire the answer off you know). But remember you only have 3 minutes to reply before the next set of two questions are asked.

***Tip for any new players, remember to keep refreshing at the 3 minute mark in order to see the next question. Also revisit some of the older quizzes on here to get the gist of how its done.

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

BeautifulBabs
I'm 2 hours early but please friends turn up newbies always welcome- Ryan's quizes are always fun

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Ok i will start at 9, not sure how many are playing.

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Doubleday
Me

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Evening. I didn't think I'd make it tonight due to keyboard problems.
I've had to resort to my emergency cordless keyboard, which gets through batteries like there's no tomorrow!.

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

REMEMBER ALL THE ANSWERS BEGIN WITH THE LETTER `Y` IN THE FIRST 14 QUESTIONS, THEN MOVE ON TO ANOTHER LETTER.

Question 1--Pop `Y`--Nancy Sinatra sang the theme tune to which James Bond movie ?

Question 2--Gen knol `Y`--What river that flows through China is the worlds third longest ?

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Who's That Hurll
you only live twice yellow

Re: Speed Quiz TONIGHT at 9pm

b yantze

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

Doubleday
You Only Live Twice
Yangtze

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

you only live twice

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

bucksby
you only live twice

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

   Answer to Question 1--`You Only Live Twice`

   Answer to Question 2--Yangtze. ( accept any spelling )

Question 3--Which so called `Bubblegum Pop` song was a UK number 5 hit in 1968 for Ohio Express ?

Question 4--Gen knol `Y`--Name the BBC comedy show written by Croft & Perry and shown between 1990/93 that was basically a spoof of ITVs Upstairs Downstairs ?

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

you rang m lord

Re: Speed Quiz this Sunday the 29th.

you rang m'lud