REUNITED [May]

Re: REUNITED [May]

Old Grey Whistler
Quite a nice relaxing song and ditto for the dance.  I know the dry ice is there to give a dreamy ambiance but I can't help feeling that they went a little over the top with it.  The girls all get a reasonable amount of camera time but it is Pauline and Gill who dominate, and by the narrowest of margins, Gill gets my vote for DOTD.
Not bad at all but not a stunner either so 8 out of 10 feels about right.

Re: REUNITED [May]

Doc
8/10.
Dotd: Pauline.
Still living in 1979

Re: REUNITED [May]

This routine by the ladies just miss the mark for me. The ladies are wearing silver body suits with a cheffon fabric over the top of it. There are lots of poses in this routine. As well as dry ice that the ladies have to dance through. While there hair is been blown about in the air. Just a nice dance all round by our ladies.

The Dotd must to the beautiful Pauline.

The score must be 5 out of 10.
Stu

Re: REUNITED [May]

Stu
Quite like the song, and although there's nothing to get too excited about here, I still enjoyed it.

8/10

DOTD - Pauline

Stuey

Re: REUNITED [May]

bucksby
I quite like the routine especially the set however picking a DOTD is tough as Ryan said no one really stands out but I will give it to Pauline as she seemed to catch my eye more. 8 for the routine. Not an easy song to dance to

Re: REUNITED [May]

Andy
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: REUNITED [May]

Rickh69
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: REUNITED [May]

Some people might not think Peaches and Herbs go together, but as a banana is a herb, we have a fruity combination that should be pleasant to taste. Unfortunately, the song was overcooked and the dessert ended up too mushy.
However, a soothing routine from Legs &Co means it's no so bad and it's Pauline and Gill that have their fair share of the limelight this time. I like the way Pauline looks here; with her hairstyle and halter she looks Middle-Eastern in appearance. However, those are certainly not desert winds blowing, as the copious dry ice and blue sky gives the impression they are dancing up in the clouds.
I've been on a run of high scores for the 1979 comments section, but here's where the story ends. It's still a good effort though and receives 7/10 and DOTD is Pauline.

Re: REUNITED [May]

Although I usually like ballads, this isn't a song I can I'm particularly keen on, and unfortunately I think this is one of the reasons I don't really enjoy this performance. The girls all look graceful and elegant in their body suits and silver dresses, and we have some nice enough moves, but apart from that nothing else about this routine really floats my boat, and I also think there's a little too much dry ice, reminding me of next years Theme from MASH performance.

Rating 5/10

DOTD Pauline

Re: REUNITED [May]

Lookmacinanger
Legs and Co, reunited with Dry Ice. Decent track, mellow routine, more suited to a male dancer being used for a duet with one of the girls on this occasion, but still a very watchable.

Re: REUNITED [May]

Dancer
Lovely song which was a complete departure from their previous chart song Shake your Groove Thang.  This song is more adult contemporary and was a huge No.1 in America and so deserved to be.  The routine itself is really lovely.  You could not do too much with this song but slow dance but the girls pulled it off well.  I award this dance ten out of ten and the best dancer awarded to Pauline as she looked the best.

Re: REUNITED [May]

Everything'sRosie
My copy of this dance is a little blurry, but seeing as they've decided to flood the stage with dry ice it doesn't seem to matter that much. The slowness of the number seems to have stifled Flick's creative juices somewhat as the moves are a tad predictable, but the girls look suitably glamorous so not all is lost. Pauline caught my eye the most and she's my DotD, but it's just a 6/10 for the routine as a whole. It's merely a blip in a fine run of dances though.

Re: REUNITED [May]

The Rubberband Man
Someone call the fire brigade, something's on fire!...... and I think it's Pauline
Yes it is Pauline, and she is fabulous in this routine, taking on the major solo roll and doing it in style. A very worthy DOTD winner.

It's a simple routine, full of solo work (avoiding the need for complicated choreography with the full troupe), and there's a simple set hidden for most of the time behind by dry ice effects. Maybe there was shortage of rehearsal time this week to work on something more complex.

I can't get over excited by "Reunited" so it's just a 6/10 from me