ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

ROCK`N`ME   The Steve Miller Band
04/11/76    Dancers--Gill,Lulu,Rosie,Patti,Pauline,Sue
This just gets more and more difficult, i could build a case for all six of them. Each has nice moments, whether it be smiles to the camera or a particular dance move. Im tempted to give it to Rosie for the 3rd week on the run. Sue does get a bit lost in the dry ice, Lulu is simply gorgeous, but that glance to the monitor although cute, loses her a point. Gill at 1.44 is quite splendid. But its between Patti & Pauline, although Patti is in full pout mode, looks wonderful and ends the dance battling the CO2, im going to give it to `Pauline`, her radiant smiling face just won me over.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Suefan
For once this is a DotD selection that gives me no problem whatsoever.  From Tacoma to Television Centre, with those podium moves and those boots Sue rocks this one all the way to Benghazi and back for me.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Lulu

Her solo piece in the middle of the routine there, in the midst of the thick smoke, winning a battle against it.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Notch one up for Lulu from me - like PBP's already said, her solo spot is stunning, she tackles the dry ice with grace and professionalism.  "Rock 'n' Me" is a real showcase for how she's come on from leaps and bounds from that first routine a mere six months before.

Mind you, some things never change - our lil' Lulu is still mouthing the words as she goes!

To be honest, all six are scintillating here, especially that moment Gill realises she's on camera and turns on a cute smile.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

I have no probs with Lulu mouthing the words, that just adds to her innocent teenage charm. But for me the habit of sneaking little looks at the studio monitor was something she should have grown out of by this stage. But then again, one could argue that just adds to her girlish charm also.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Friends Romans Countrymen, lend me your ears.  I come to praise Patti.  There is only one Prima Ballerina in this superb song by the Joker and it is the one and only Ms Hammond.  Sometimes I think you guys are just trying to get my goat you know

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Rosie had a similar, but less noticeable, tendency to steal glances at monitors in her first year on the show - I'm certain Gill and Pauline perhaps also sought solace in this, or similar things, in their early days in L&C.

I err more on the side that they did this as part of their learning curve as dancers on one of national television's flagship series and as their individual experiences grew stronger, that became less common.
Stu

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Stu
Jeez....Pauline...how hot??? Answer...off the chart hot!!!

My vote goes to... wait for it.... Pauline!!  :-)  (shocker I know)

Stuey

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

No enough dry ice at ground level in this routine !

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

I've been reluctant to nominate a DOTD since joining this forum because the girls are all so delightful and even when a performance is flawed it's usually endearingly so. It's just too damn difficult to emphatically place one above the rest. In addition, as I'm sure must have been debated here before, a lot depends on whom the cameramen and director favoured in each routine. Or even something random like who got most obscured in the smoke.

I'm of the school of thought that finds things like Lulu singing along as she dances cute, and she wouldn't get marked down by me for things like that, nor, probably, for looking at the monitor. But as on this occasion I can't decide a winner by taking everything into account, I will arbitrarily narrow it down to who is the consumate performer. It's a sexy routine and the girls are clearly enjoying it, but for her poise, flawlessness, and confidence I vote Patti.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Just vote for the girl who appeals to you most on the day. Ignore old fuddy duddies like me who notice things like glances at monitors, thats me just being to picky. We all see the dancers and dances differently, but its your personnel view that matters. I will chalk up a point for Patti.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Gorgeous Daze
Gotya Ryan. And call yourself a fuddy duddy if you wish, but be less hard on yourself in the 'old' department. Because if you're old that probably makes me old too.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

VintageVideos
There is class written all over this fine routine and all the girls look great. Yes Lulu is very cute and Sue rocks it faultlessly, but it's the smashing Pauline who I just can't seem to take my eyes off.
Pauline is my DotD here.
Stu

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Stu
The leader board is looking very interesting for the 76 dances, especially with there being only a relatively short amount of dances left for this particular year. Who will be our first annual DOTD winner is anyone's guess as it's a very tight race at the moment. Maybe we should offer some sort of crown to our eventual winner. :-)

Stuey

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Lookmacinanger
This post was updated on .
Dotd is a close run thing but Rosie is first out the fire exit with me.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Next up will be the newly found segment of `Spinning Rock Boogie`, have a feeling Gill may get a few points then ?

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Andeebee
DOTD

Lulu, she gets lovelier by the routines

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

bucksby
Patti gets my vote on this one.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Adorable Gillusion
Gill gets my vote, though I really liked Patti too.

Re: ROCK`N`ME (DOTD)

Doc
No standouts for me on this one. So I'll pick Pauline for looking like she was enjoying it.