Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod

Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod
Just watched Pet Shop boys doing some of their set at the park although not a big fan of them, but very good not bad for a 65 and 59 year old. Liked the number with the dancing MR BLOBBYS, did a favourite of mine how am I going to get through with Beverly Night singing the part that the great Dusty Springfield sang, the crowd loved them I see Status Quo have a new guitarist to replace Rick Parfitt think his name is Freddie Edwards (big boots to fill) if they had asked us I am sure Michael or myself would only have been happy to oblige to do the gigs (don't need long hair anymore). Last time I went to see QUO I was part deaf for 2 days but it was worth it . Hoping to see rest of show. Keep Rocking Keep the Faith Never Forgotten RIP RICK.<smiley image="smiley_cool.gif"

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Dancer
I saw the Pet Shop Boys concert at work this week on the red button.  Was amazed at the amount of people there.  I stopped buying their music about six years ago.  They are a very clever duo but I always got the feeling they were stuck in the eighties.  Their pinnacle was the Very album.  Every track was so clever.  Was wondering who the guy was singing with Neil in the all in one silver suit.

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Michael
Rod, I used to play a lot of Quo stuff in various covers bands. Always great fun.

It was a great shame that Parfitt died; his passing put an end to one of Rock's greatest pairings.

Maybe we should put together a OFTD Quo tribute band 😉🤘🎸

By the way, did you know that I run a guitar shop?

rod

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod
    Hi Dancer, I think the guy in the silver suit was Olly Alexander from Years and Years Neil mentioned his name when he introduced him Keep The Faith.
rod

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod

   Michael , Good Idea problem is now I don't play so well due to my hands sizing up with Arthritis, can still play a twelve bar blues its very frustrating. Who would you recommend for drums and bass? anybody play an instrument on OFTDs?
( Hanway2 could play triangle rock out H
 Did not no you had a shop is it local? Just about to have my 1963 Srat repaired, main guitar now is pacific Yamaha.
 Just been watching Fleetwood Mac a musical history Mick Fleetwood looks about 12
 I was In love with Stevie Nicks dancing gypsy hard to choose between her or Ruth sweet dreams. Cheers.
  KEEP THE FAITH

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Everything'sRosie
I'm going to watch this tomorrow. Mostly for the PSBs (saw them at Glastonbury in 1999, absolutely brilliant set). But it will be strange seeing Quo without Rick.

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod wrote
( Hanway2 could play triangle rock out H
  What- Like the Count Basie Orchestra?

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Hanway2
 Anyway, if I could play any instrument in the OFTDS band it would be the sitar. Not that I CAN play the sitar.
   But it would give our band a 60s Hippyish Indian feel!
Mel

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Mel
A bit of a Ravi Shankar fan are we H2?
M6
rod

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod
 How do you fancy being a backing singer Mel?
Mel

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Mel
Hi Rod. I might consider singing backing vocals if H2 can master the sitar, I once read somewhere that students of this instrument suffer with bleeding fingers.  I'm a guitarist myself and used to play in a few bands, so I can help you out on that score, ha! ha!.
M6

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Hanway2
 I have always liked the sound of the sitar, must be something to do with my Indian roots, but obviously cannot play the instrument. But I could bash away on it, and just like enough monkeys with typewriters writing the works of Shakespeare, I might occasionally come up with something worth listening to.

 Also, are there no fans of the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band here?
Mel

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Mel
Ahhh H2.I had my suspicions you were an urban spaceman when you mentioned Planet Pans.
M6

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Michael
That's absolutely rotten as regards your arthritis, Rod ☚ī¸ Another guitar playing friend of mine has a similar problem, but rather than stop playing, he started focusing on his slide playing and is now astonishingly good!

 My shop is in Leighton Buzzard, Bedfordshire. It's a very small shop, but we do well with most of our sales conducted online. In the last week, I've sent three guitars to America and one to New Zealand.

If you're interested, have a look at our website. It's still under construction but will give you an impression of the kind of instruments we stock. www.galleriaguitars.com

Your '63 Strat sounds very interesting! And Yamaha Pacificas are great instruments.

Cheers!

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Michael
Glad to see the OFTD band is coming together!

Hanway2, a sitar would be an excellent addition to to sound.

Think we need someone to play drums and bass, though. Any suggestions?

And what songs shall we play? I'm definitely up for a few Bonzo songs 😉

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Hanway2
Who between Michael, Rod and Mel will be playing lead, and who wants rhythm?
Mel

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

Mel
Well H2,I think myself and Rod should maybe let Michael play lead, we might need to buy some plectrums and strings from his Guitar shop one day, so best not step on his toes.
M6
rod

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod
 Michael, checked out your website you have some fine looking guitars in there some of which I have not heard of. Might take up your advice and try bottle neck and slide guitar not that I would ever achieve the standard of my favourite player Roy Rogers (no not the cowboy) we could bring in Mel on guitar as well, As we have had no offers for drums or bass I thought we could bring a bit of glamour into the band (that's if we can persuade these two ladies to do it) SHIELA E on drums SUSIE QATRO on  bass don't think there is much of a chance but you never know. H2 can sing or play the Bonzo songs.
    Sheila E                                  Roy Rogers                                                                              Susie Q
                Keep The Faith
rod

Re: Radio 2 in the ParkJ

rod
  Hi H, I will play rhythm always quite good at the rhythm method (what are we talking about) Keep The Faith.