Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

# Song Title Troupe Year Ratings Tens Ave
1 I'll Find My Way Home ZOO/Sue 1981 168.5/170 15 9.91
2 Don't Push It Don't Force It LEGS 1980 314.5/320 26 9.83
3 Heart Of Glass LEGS 1979 265.25/270 21 9.82
4 Loves Theme PANS 1974 156.75/160 13 9.80
5 Ai No Corrida LEGS 1981 205/210 17 9.76

6 Sunday Girl LEGS 1979 302.5/310 23 9.75
7 Supernature LEGS 1978 232.5/240 14 9.69
8 When Will I See You Again PANS 1974 212/220 15 9.64
9 Green Onions LEGS 1980 289/300 21 9.63
10 Hands Up (Give Me Your Heart) LEGS 1981 202/210 13 9.62

11 Hot Stuff LEGS 1979 240/250 14 9.60
12 Dancing In The City LEGS 1978 239.25/250 18 9.58
13 Walk Right Now LEGS 1981 191.25/200 10 9.56
14 Hold On Tight LEGS 1981 209.75/220 12 9.53
15 You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet PANS 1974 171.5/180 10 9.53

16 Barbados (Version 2) PANS 1975 200/210 12 9.52
17 Stars On 45 (version 2) LEGS 1981 208.5/220 12 9.48
18 Green River (Rehearsal) PANS 1970 180/190 11 9.47
19 Hooked On Classics LEGS 1981 189/200 11 9.45
20 Dance Dance Dance LEGS 1977 245.75/260 13 9.45

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

VintageVideos
As much as I like Ruby Flipper, to see Silly Love Songs topping Maid In Heaven is a bit of a surprise for me.

And five routines from 1978 goes to show what a good year that was! It will be interesting to see how this has changed in, say, one year from now.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

Thanks for the new all troupes table Ryan, I was looking for the old one the other day. Notable that they're all what you might call 'hot' routines (even Barbados in the snow!) with no slow and sensitive representation.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

I wonder if a certain Pans People dance to a song by `Mr Hamilton Bohannon` will make it onto this list. I do hope so.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

I predict one more routine from 1978 may make this list also. But a routine may get a string of 9s, 9.5s and 10s, but it only has to receive a couple of `dodgy` ratings for it to cascade down.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

Currently it would be at a comfortable No. 5 in the list. But it's too early to say with just 9 votes.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

VintageVideos
While you're at it, how about making a list with all our yearly favourites?
LNV

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

LNV
I wish I had given All Right Now a 10. It deserves to be in the top 5 of all time TOTPs dances. Too late now though and if a 10 was given where would that place it on the table ?

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

Gorgeous Daze
But is dressing them as schoolgirls befitting of their true womanly qualities, LNV?
Steve
LNV

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

LNV
Good point GD and yes I do leave myself open to your sharp observation. Unlike HDTY Legs & Co in All Right Now[without Rosie again you'll also notice] are given choreography that is not belittling to them and so the could be seen as demeaning attire of ARN is overcome with a tongue in cheek energetic performance.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

I think you guys just might be thinking too much.  It's ok to score a performance on whether you like it and not analyse whether you should like it or not in my opinion.  We're all imperfect humans after all but these dances often give you a gut feeling and All Right Now puts coal in my boiler.   I also agree about it being surprising to see Silly Love Songs so high but it's good to see a variety of styles at the top of the charts.
LNV

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

LNV
Thinking too much maybe.  Our opinions are formed initially from our gut feelings I agree. You are attracted to something because of how of it makes you feel and then try to justify it afterwards intellectually. So many different viewpoints but ultimately surely there is such a thing as Objective Reality beyond our subjective impressions of what we see? That is what I am seeking, I think ? Or should that be I feel to be so ? I like many foods, some taste pleasant and some bland, but only some are Objectively good for me, is that not so ? Are truly of good quality, are healthy to eat, which as an individual I may or may not like. And so with dances, some are genuinely in good taste and others are not even if they can be liked by many.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

PattiForPM
You do have a point LNV but don't get me going on food! I think the way these Dances bring up such varied discussion is great so please don't let me inhibit any of this
LNV

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

LNV
I suppose I am a little too intense about things sometimes…for our jolly purposes. As said many moons ago you have mastered how to take everything on an even keel.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

LNV, I'd hate to ask you whether or not you'd like a sugar in your tea.
By the time you'd finished deliberating, philosophising and pondering the pros, cons, merits and otherwise, how beneficial or harmful a saccharine supplement would or would not be, what effects may be caused to your energy levels on long or short term bases, how effectively debilitating the sweetening suggestion could be dental-wise, whether you'd be looked upon favourably or with distain as a consequence, the beverage would be stone cold.
LNV

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

LNV
Admittedly it does take me some time to put my thoughts together, such as they are. I try to give a considered opinion on the dances, not that I should trouble myself too much with such things when a quick like or dislike summary would be enough. Why should I take the trouble of going against the grain as I often do with my opinions, whether through my own contrary nature or trying I believe to look a little deeper at what these dances signify, if anything ; rather than viewing them as transient entertainment.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

Paperboyplod
Absolutely dominated by Legs & Co., at least for now, I wonder if that'll change when we get a few more Ruby Flipper, & Pan's People routines officially rated.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

Old Grey Whistler
It is amazing how one bad review can make a huge difference to a rating.
For example if Floid Fan  hadn't shown such a violent hatred of 'Suspicion' it would now be 2nd on this table.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

`Foot Stompin' Music` added to the table of the finest.

Will add `Rubber Band Man` when or if it attains ten sets of ratings, which is the minimum it needs to qualify to be entered in the cream of the crop.

Re: Ratings `averages` Crème de la crème.

There is a statistical method called 'truncated mean', where you truncate the lowest and the highest value before you determine the mean. I wonder how some of our routines would change their positions with this method.