Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Crème de la Crème status Top 100 Legs & Co status Turkey status

# Song Title Rating Tens Ave
1 Dance Dance Dance 245.75/260 13 9.45
2 Loves Unkind 243.5/260 12 9.37
3 Boogie Nights 204.5/220 10 9.30
4 Sir Duke (April 77) 276.75/300 9 9.23
5 Silver Lady (Four Dancers) 264.5/290 8 9.12

6 The Shuffle (Lulu/Sue) 254.75/280 10 9.10
7 Love Hit Me 243.75/270 12 9.03
8 Egyptian Reggae 198/220 7 9.00
9 Suspicion 295.75/330 12 8.96
10 Car Wash 271/310 5 8.74

11 Hotel California 235.75/270 5 8.73
12 Best Of My Love 235.5/270 2 8.72
13 Nobody Does It Better 259.5/300 4 8.65
14 Chanson D`amour 275.75/320 12 8.62
15 Lonely Boy 237.75/280 6 8.49

16 Turn To Stone 194.5/230 3 8.46
17 Don't Leave Me This Way 262/310 4 8.45
18 Oxygene 219.5/260 4 8.44
19 The Shuffle (six dancers) 226.75/270 3 8.40
20 Way Down (1st version) 235/280 3 8.39

21 Got To Give It Up (2nd version) 207/250 3 8.28
22 Feel The Need In Me 237.25/290 3 8.18
23 I Believe You 212/260 2 8.15
24 I Feel Love (Xmas) 179/220 2 8.14
25 Don't Give Up On Us 243/300 1 8.10

26 Moody Blue 226.5/280 3 8.09
27 Sir Duke (Xmas) 201.75/250 3 8.07
28 Roadrunner 212.5/270 2 7.87
29 Got To Give It Up (Blue Dresses) 220/280 3 7.86
30 Red Light Spells Danger 203.75/260 1 7.84

31 Sound & Vision 156.25/200 1 7.81
32 Nights On Broadway 186.75/240 0 7.78
33 Ma Nah Ma Nah 217/280 3 7.75
34 Sunny 232/300 1 7.73
35 We`re All Alone 205.75/270 1 7.62

36 Oh Lori 220/290 1 7.59
37 Going In With My Eyes Open 194.75/260 0 7.49
38 Silver Lady (6 Dancers) 164.5/220 0 7.48
39 New Kid In Town 229.75/310 1 7.41
40 Saturday Nite 214.75/290 0 7.41

42 Black Betty 194.75/270 1 7.21
41 Fanfare For The Common Man 172.75/240 0 7.20
43 Calling Occupants Of Interplanetary Crafts 193.5/270 0 7.17
44 I Wanna Get Next To You 186.25/260 0 7.16
45 Getting Ready For Love 156.75/220 0 7.13

46 Deep Down Inside 189.5/270 0 7.02
47 From Here To Eternity 202.5/290 2 6.98
48 Way Down (4th Version) 166/240 0 6.92
49 Easy 186/270 1 6.89
50 I Feel Love (1st Version) 179.75/260 1 6.89

51 Tokyo Joe 164/240 0 6.83
52 Torn Between Two Lovers 201.5/300 0 6.72
53 How Deep Is Your Love 167.5/250 0 6.70
54 Disco Inferno 176.5/270 0 6.54
55 Ma Baker 174/270 0 6.44

56 Show You The Way To Go 175/280 1 6.25
57 Way Down (2nd version) 161.5/260 0 6.21
58 Mighty Power Of Love 183/300 0 6.10
59 You`re Gonna Get Next To Me 158.5/280 0 5.66
60 Dancin Easy 139/250 0 5.56

61 Waiting In Vain 149/270 0 5.52
62 I Feel Love (3rd version) 133.5/270 0 4.94
63 The Greatest Love Of All 117.5/270 0 4.35
64 My Way 79/230 0 3.43

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

VintageVideos
Great effort. Thanks Ryan.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

I'm suffering from HTML-envy

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

PattiForPM
Wonder if this table will be affected by the Doc-idemic breaking out today

Maybe Ryan should introduce last weeks position in brackets so we can see if a dance is a climber

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

PattiForPM
I think Ryan is only just recovering from Mr Hurll's suggestion Vin but it would be good to see if there's a trend.  Also I don't want to be too critical but it sure would be nice if everyone would check back and see if they'd voted on these performances with only 8 or 9 voters as a few more votes could really make a difference on those and better reflect the overall opinion.  After all we're talking quality performances like Turn to Stone and Sir Duke (Xmas).  Not exactly a chore to watch and score IMO and I imagine this is partly what Mr Hurll was getting at.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Vin, on the 1978 `ratings` table i have made it easy to see the most recent entry.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Absolutely correct P4PM. Folk should check if they have left `comments, ratings, Dotds etc`. The more folk who contribute, the more accurate the thing will be.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Hi Doc. Thanks for taking the time to leave ratings and comments on all the dances from 1977. Ive entered them all into the leader board above.  One thing ive noticed is you are very generous in your marks. Of all the routines from this year, only 3 of them dropped their position. Our two leading dances for this year go marching on though, with `Dance Dance dance` once again seriously challenging `All Right Now` for the overall top Legs & Co routine. Hope to see your 1978 ratings soon !

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Doc
Nothing's bad enough to warrant really low marks, even the poorer dances are still enjoyable to watch.

I've tried to be consistent with the marks, hence no extremes. There's one or two dances on the list that are the dance equivalent of Marmite as they are liked by the majority but have a low average because one person has panned it.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

PattiForPM
FYI Doc - Marmite is about as popular as bubonic plague on this side of the Atlantic

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Gorgeous Daze
Just in case you've missed it Ryan, I rated Best Of My Love yesterday.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Yep GD, seems ive missed that one somehow, which is unusual for me because i only read comments/ratings etc if im going to enter them onto the scoreboards straight away. If im not i leave them unread and they stay in blue writing to remind me. Obviously i must of inadvertently clicked it, maybe during the minor spat last night on the PP thread. I will enter your rating now.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Gorgeous Daze
There's not much that escapes the Ryan-meister.    Sorry it must be a pain keeping track with someone like me who catches up with an occasional one now and again. Much easier with someone like Doc with his three hour sessions.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

     I don't mind either way, im just so very grateful you and others contribute. The comments section is the best thing ive ever thought off on here in my opinion. In the early days of the forum we had tons to talk about, so many topics to discuss. We have all learnt so much about our subject. So its no wonder thing s have slowed down on the main forum board.
     The comments section does enable us all to have our say on every routine, good or bad. I encourage people to express their opinions without fear, if you see a dancer having a bad day, or spot a trip or stumble, then please say so. Id hate it if we tiptoed about only highlighting the good things. Fortunately 99% of the time our dancers were on top form, alas that isnt always the case with routines, some are sublime, most are good, some are stinkers.
      I can only hope the BBC keep showing the re-runs, as that is vital to this forum in my view, and im hopeful they will. I do however realize that in 2016 or 1981 in old money that business will become very quiet on here after Legs & Co have ended their time on the show. Still that's a long way off and who knows, we have more new members join and contribute their thoughts to the dance comments also.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Gorgeous Daze
I make mine the 20th rating for SYTWTG Ryan, but it already has 20 ratings in this table and 21 in 'The 20 Club' list. I can only imagine how difficult complete accuracy must be nowadays with such a wealth of routines with respectable ratings figures!

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Your set of ratings will be the 21st according to my spread sheet. You've been fooled by that set of ratings submitted by our old friend Adorable Gillusion, in which he sent a whole batch in on a single post. See here.

http://one-for-the-dads.979225.n3.nabble.com/Just-to-avoid-any-confusion-tp4084171.html

It is/was however a place to high in the `20 club`, but now you've given it a 21st score rating, i wont bother changing that table.

Thanks as ever for pointing this out to me.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Gorgeous Daze
Got ya. And yes indeed it was AG who got me.

Re: Ratings `averages` from 1977 dances.

Quite appropriately for today, `Sound & Vision` now makes it onto the main scoreboards as its now reached ten sets of ratings.
The link to the routine is below, please watch, comment and score rate in the `Dances from 1977` section.

http://www.oneforthedads.org.uk/?p=2235
RYAN