Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Hi all, Just mooting the idea among the good people of OFTDs for a meet-up in Hereford, city of prime beef, Bulmer's Cider, the Mappa Mundi...and the SAS. It's a bit off the beaten track if you're coming cross country, but north/south not so bad as the main train line between Manchester & South Wales passes through. So I throw the idea over to anyone interested.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Im able to attend any meet-ups, north south east or west, so count me in. I just hope the usual gang and others will be able to make it too.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

It's not a difficult journey for me as you well know yourself in reverse ER. I certainly like the thought of the Bull's Head, Ye Olde Chained Library, the Motson Arms or indeed whatever fine establishment you might lead us to.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Sounds interesting ER and not so much out of the way for me as that said railway line passes through my manor. So you can count me in for this bash

Not just the home of Bulmers cider, but also the home of Westons, and no doubt a few CAMRA approved cyders as well. So very much looking forward to the day.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Doc
Only a 10 1/2 hour round journey and I'd probably have to do it all on the Saturday. I'll give it a maybe.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Thanks guys, look forward to seeing you all. RBM, tell Julian to come along too if he likes, being a Shrewsbury boy he's only an hour up the line.
Real ale fans, Hereford is also the home of The Wye Valley Brewery where famous brands Butty Bach and Dorothy Goodbody originated, production has moved to just outside the city now but was originally brewed at the legendary Barrels pub, which no visit to Hereford would be complete without visiting.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Following an email from Ryan, would it be easier for some if I brought this forward a week to 11th August? It makes no difference for me, so if the 11th is more suitable please let me know. Cheers.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

AC/PD
Hereford - a pub-served Ploughman's Lunch must surely be on the agenda!
Personally, the 4th would be a more suitable date but I'm sure a date preferable to the majority will be the outcome.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

The Rubberband Man
4th, 11th, or 18th are all good for me (guess I have an empty weekend diary at the moment for next month  )
Can you decide asap ER as I need to get the train tickets sorted while they are still cheap. Thanks.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Finding the perfect date for everyone will be difficult. Of the three dates mentioned, my first choice is the 11th, then the 18th in second, with the 4th trailing in last place. My big prob with the 4th is that its only 3 weeks away. When im not traveling up and down the country to OFTDs events at the weekends, i do have to work on Saturday mornings. My employers do ask for at least 28 days notice, so that basically discounts the 4th for me.

Not only that, i would like to make a weekend of the Hereford trip, doing my own thing on the Friday and meeting up with you guys on the Sat. That means booking some accommodation as well as travel arrangements. So the extra week (ie the 11th) makes that task a bit easier.

I do think its best we have a definite date sorted by Sunday. So my vote goes to the 11th. But its ER's gig and he has the final say.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 18th August 2018

Gorgeous Daze
I'll just go along with what's most convenient for the majority.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I'll go down the middle and settle for the 11th as that gives the best part of a month for people to make arrangements. Cheers.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Okay, well done ER, 11th it is then. So looking forward to going to another place (like Brighton recently) that i haven't been to before.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie wrote
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I'll go down the middle and settle for the 11th as that gives the best part of a month for people to make arrangements. Cheers.
Cool
I'll get my train tickets booked now.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Seems I made the right decision on choosing the 11th as the 4th would have been impossible as The Three Choirs Festival is on in Hereford over that week (last day is the 4th) and the place is saturated by Howard and Hilda's from just about everywhere, which means every hotel room is taken for miles around.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie wrote
Thanks for the feedback, everybody. I'll go down the middle and settle for the 11th as that gives the best part of a month for people to make arrangements. Cheers.
Well that’s me out, I’m working all that weekend and don’t have enough leave left.