Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Haha, ol' SuperMac did himself no favours in declaring after the 2-2 draw at St James' Park that he would score TEN in the replay at Edgar St. He did score the Newcastle goal, but it was late on and was quickly equalised by Radford's Rocket.

I'm looking forward to the 11th. The weather has taken a dip for now but it might come back. Having said that it did get a bit hot. It's been a spectacular year for weather, I got sunburned in Nantwich...and that was April!

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Just a quick word about next week. I don't know what time people can get to Hereford for but is anyone interested in having a latish breakfast. I'm thinking of starting off in a pub called Hogarths as it's a 5 minute walk from the station, it's a big boozer so even on a Saturday we should have no trouble getting a quiet table. I don't know if they do food, but either side of it there is a Wetherspoons & a Yates, which certainly do. I will post directions in the next few days from the station. Cheers.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Ive been looking up the pubs near to the station in Hereford and i had a feeling you would pick Hogarths. Looking on Google images, its appears to be quite ideal for our needs. I will be wandering around Hereford town centre on Saturday morning so i can arrive at whatever time you choose ER.

How about booking a table for a curry around 6pm. What do you and others think on that ?

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

mojo2007
Enjoy yourself everybody
mojo

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Thanks, Mojo.

Yes Ryan, I'll book a table for 6pm. I'll have a think about where we'll be about that time and get a curry house somewhere near. The Jalsagor opposite The Barrels is a good 'un, so I'll try and work it for there.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie wrote
I've booked my train tickets already ER, and my train doesn't get in early enough for breakfast. Bummer

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie wrote
Thanks, Mojo.

Yes Ryan, I'll book a table for 6pm. I'll have a think about where we'll be about that time and get a curry house somewhere near. The Jalsagor opposite The Barrels is a good 'un, so I'll try and work it for there.
Hopefully  within close proximity to a station which looks to have been turned into a pedestrian maze flanked by traffic comes and barriers.

Haha, yes a bit of a mess down there at the moment. There's been major demolitions going on in the last few years. Nothing historic, thankfully. Indeed, you can actually see the station building now, and many have commented on an architectural gem which hardly anyone noticed before. Local girl Ellie Goulding even managed to get a shot of it into one of her videos.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Gorgeous Daze
I doubt I'll be breakfasting, but Hogarths is well-situated en route to the heart of the city. I like the topiary, even better now the Beast from the East is but a memory.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

The Rubberband Man
^^^ I hope the cider is kept as well chilled as the gin is ^^^

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Hogarths is one of these gin house type pubs, which conjures up images of toothless hags and Jack the Ripper lurking in the shadows.yes, The Beast from the East, we were hit bad down here. Designated Red Zone, and sadly there were fatalities.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

I hope a wonderful time you lot.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Old Grey Whistler
I also wish you all an enjoyable day.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Hanway2
Yes, I hope you have a really great day in Hereford too.
All best wishes from London.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Everything'sRosie
Thanks guys for the good wishes. For those coming along I'll see you in Hogarths from 12 noon onwards.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

CoffeeThing
Hope you all had a good time today.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

The Rubberband Man
Fabulous day yesterday in Hereford in the company of Forum Members Ryan, AC/PD, and Gorgeous Daze. Good selection of pubs with fine beers (Timothy Taylor Landlord, etc.), non stopchat and banter, and a delicious curry for dinner.
Rounded off the day in the last pub with a tribute cocktail to Barry Chuckle (To Me, Taboo).
Many thanks to host Everything’s Rosie for organising things and making the day a big success.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

AC/PD
A jolly good occasion from arrival to departure with plenty of conversation and not one door issue to speak of.
Thanks to the ever cheery ER for guiding our group through a fine selection of twisting, spacious public houses, all linked by the occasional damp dash in the fresh air.
Lovely day.

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Young Mister Grace
Administrator
Any photos?
You've all done vey well!

Re: OFTDs Summer Meet-up Part 2 Hereford Saturday 11th August 2018

Yep another memorable day out with the guys. Thanks to ER for leading is to some fine watering holes and a top notch curry house. The first pub describes itself as a `gin palace`, not sure ive ever been in one of those before. Yet of the 50 or so drinkers in there i didn't see much gin being imbibed, everyone seemed to be drinking pints.

Meet-ups do me the world of good and i look forward very much to more of them in the future.